Bakker L - Unholy Consultation and Collaboration (Now with TUC Spoilers!)

.H.

36 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Let me phase this another way, what questions do I keep avoiding, cause I've asked you twice and you've, ironically, avoided answering.

Explain to me why it doesn't work that way? Please. Your thoughts, not Kalbear, your mentor. 

He can be ambigious in certain questions and ambiguous in others. Its not hard. It's not hard to spot. I will give you examples of needed. But, since the onus is on you to explain to me why this can't be true, I leave it to you to explain. Please, everyone else do not chime in. I want to hear DR's answer and his alone. I don't mean this as an attack. I'm tired of your one-liners and your defaulting to Kalbear. Show me intellectual view why this can't be true. Please.

Eat

ETA: be done with me. It just proves my point that you don't have thoughts of your own. As for the echo chamber, this what I am referring to. 

Just now, End of Disc One said:

What about the thread Bakker made on this board for TGO feedback?  Sorry I'd search myself but I'm on mobile. 

Definitely not; it was long before that. 

1 minute ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Eat

something must be eaten.

Spoiler:

Spoiler

it's the vagina

That quote is from here, according to Wilshire, Bakker said it after a reading of chapter 3 of what was then (or wasn't) the Unholy Consult,

A nice quote to end with:
"The whole series has been a strip tease ... and TUC is the g-string shooting across the room, finally leaving everything fully exposed" - R. Scott Bakker

2 minutes ago, Hello World said:

That quote is from here, according to Wilshire, Bakker said it after a reading of chapter 3 of what was then (or wasn't) the Unholy Consult,

Okay, thank you! 

Funny to see that the glossary wouldn't be included in that back in the day. 

Just now, Rhom said:

All this is fine and good... but where did Kellhus hide the heart when on the Circumfix?!!?

:leaving: 

Esme, why do you ask questions that you know the answer to?

Spoiler

still the vagina

17 hours ago, Kalbear said:

. The one exception to this is when he appears to be answering factual statements about how the world works or historical things, like whether or not the Tusk was written by the Inchoroi (which I believe doesn't even show up in the glossary of TUC). But everything else? It's all a matter of interpretation. . 

It is my current contention that this exact class of information is particularly and explicitly untrue, troll jokes, to troll fans. Bakker voice, "Don't you recognize how deluded you are by belief kal, I am provoking you to question why you are so willing to BELIEVE when I lie. It's for your own good really."

so yeah the inchoroi altering the Tusk? Never happened. 

17 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yeah but you can't trust what Bakker says, except when you can, which you can;t except when you can, because of my hatred.

Exactly.

the only rule is hate.

what does Bakker hate? 

Belief.

what does secondary world fantasy require?

belief from fans.

ergo Bakker hates his fans, he wants to make them hate belief as much as he does. 

i think the large idea is to create a series that triggers belief and then Systematically undermine the belief in that world in order to provoke (remember provocation is equal to persuasion in his eyes) a reaction against belief.

you know how most kids around the age of nine realize their is no Santa Claus but then happily understand the inherent social fun of participating in and continuing the community ruse for the benefit of those younger than themselves? Bakker can never be that kid. Bakker is the kid loudly declaring Santa is a fake and everyone who believes in Santa is a loser and then gets angry when instead of becoming a hero to everyone for dispensing revelation, he finds himself sort of shunned or ostracized since he doesn't participate in community social activities. This makes no sense to him, because he believes (heh) that he should now be the leader because of his insights.

But they weren't insights they were just demonstrations of his ignorance of human interaction. 

So he creates Bakker-Claus and says "believe in this!" And people say, oh that story might offer an interesting insight into our culture via metaphor. Then he says "haha you fools it is just like Santa Claus now you all understand how right I was all along!" To which everyone goes, uh, dude... shallow and petulant, so bye.

youre a sith lord, I get it, you hate because he hates, his hate is embraced by you because it is hate. let go of your anger with all of your heart and Your journey to the light side shall be complete.

(his overconfidence is his weakness)

6 minutes ago, lokisnow said:

youre a sign lord, I get it, you hate because he hates, his hate is embraced by you because it is hate. let go of your anger with all of your heart and Your journey to the light side shall be complete.

(his overconfidence is his weakness)

Your faith in yourshitposters is yours.

This does make me think that the best way to vex this is to go the Cnaiur route. Anything Bakker states, deny. Anything Bakker argues, refute. Anything Bakker wants, deny him. 

Though I am occasionally amused by the idea that the ideal fanbase for Bakker's viewpoints would be ones that aren't particularly fans of him, personally, in any way, and dissect his work heavily with equal amounts of criticism and scorn, unwilling to make anything a cult of personality or have any real emotional value into it, leading science wherever it goes. That Bakker's actual fanbase is not like this for the most part (nor is Bakker particularly encouraging of that sort of thing) leads me to believe that it isn't particularly an honest thought system.

2 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Your faith in yourshitposters is yours.

This does make me think that the best way to vex this is to go the Cnaiur route. Anything Bakker states, deny. Anything Bakker argues, refute. Anything Bakker wants, deny him. 

Though I am occasionally amused by the idea that the ideal fanbase for Bakker's viewpoints would be ones that aren't particularly fans of him, personally, in any way, and dissect his work heavily with equal amounts of criticism and scorn, unwilling to make anything a cult of personality or have any real emotional value into it, leading science wherever it goes. That Bakker's actual fanbase is not like this for the most part (nor is Bakker particularly encouraging of that sort of thing) leads me to believe that it isn't particularly an honest thought system.

Bakker's ideal fanbase is RoH.

Archived