DUBLIN 2019: An Irish Worldcon August 15-19 2019

4 hours ago, redriver said:

Should I join TBWB? Do you guys wash behind your ears?

Q1: Yes.
Q2: Not all of us are guys. Most of us are reasonably cleanly. The Venn diagram is left as an exercise for the reader.

1 hour ago, williamjm said:
20 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Is this also the titancon thread?

I think there might have been a separate thread at some point in the past, but most of the discussion seems to be in this one.

The attendance list in the opening post of the thread does cover both conventions, so this does seem to be the place for discussion of either one.

That said, though, one wonders whether separate threads for the two would be useful for event planning purposes.

• 2 weeks later...

And on TitanCon Subject,  we have just started selling coach tour tickets.  The feast tickets will be live soon I expect.

The TitanCon 2019 Coach Tour Tickets on Sale!

Taking place Sunday 25 August 2019 and visiting locations like the spectacular Giant's Causeway, a World Heritage Location, the Larrybane Quarry, and the scenic Ballintoy Harbour (both locations used in filming the Game of thrones TV series) this year's coach tour is going to be one not to miss!

Tickets are available from £16 per person. Please note that only attending members can buy tickets or take part in the TitanCon 2019 Coach Tour, so you will need to buy or upgrade to a full attending membership before being able to book your place on the tour.

Click the link below to read the full itinerary and what's included on the day.

http://www.titancon.com/2019/coach_tour.php

Trying to make my tentative plan for Ireland... my brother-in-law is getting married the same weekend as WorldCon, so I'll miss that one, but really want to at least make it to TitanCon (especially as I'll already be almost halfway there, flying time)...

I'd like to get any ideas or feedback on my tentative plan, so I can meet up with you guys and participate in stuff as much as possible. So here: Arrive in Dublin Tuesday morning, Aug 20, stay there for two nights, take either the train or bus to Belfast on Thursday morning, Aug 22, then return to Dublin either Monday the 26th for 1 night, or on Tuesday morning, to catch my flight home on Tuesday.

After reading your posts, I'm second guessing staying in Dublin before heading to Belfast. Two other things I wanted to note - I thought I saw something somewhere about a "con" on the train from Dublin to Belfast on Wednesday - anyone know anything? And, I always have great luck with flying Aer Lingus from the US, which doesn't show up on the bulk travel sites-you have to book directly on their website.

On 3/23/2019 at 9:20 PM, Jae Targ said:

I thought I saw something somewhere about a "con" on the train from Dublin to Belfast on Wednesday - anyone know anything?

There are a bunch of people travelling together from Dublin to Belfast, nothing too formal. As I understand it this is on Wednesday 21st August, with those wishing to travel meeting by 14:30 at Madigans in Connolly to catch the 15:20 train to Belfast. Details might be on the con Facebook pages but I couldn't see them when I checked briefly.

OK, I'm going to Dublin. Finally decided to pull the trigger, got the membership and all booked. I'm doubling this trip with a week-long trip to Romania, so it's going to be an expensive vacation, but I don't do this often. First time in Ireland, btw. :D

17 hours ago, Wolfgang I said:

So update the attendance list I hope I did not miss anyone. :) Blame Targh if I did. :p

I was wondering if anyone is looking for a roommate for Titancon? I'm leaving for Belfast on the 20th and will stay until the 25th or 26th(I still have the book my flights).

Do you snore?  If not I have a twin room booked from the 20th till the 26th.

And I would recommend staying till the 26th, then you can join us for the feast.  You will be able to enjoy a Vegan Fray Pie.  - (details of which are not yet up on the website)   IIRC  you are a non-meat eater.

You can also join us for the awesome coach tour on the Sunday....

55 minutes ago, Pebble said:

Do you snore?  If not I have a twin room booked from the 20th till the 26th.

And I would recommend staying till the 26th, then you can join us for the feast.  You will be able to enjoy a Vegan Fray Pie.  - (details of which are not yet up on the website)   IIRC  you are a non-meat eater.

You can also join us for the awesome coach tour on the Sunday....

Well usually I do not snore according to my sources but if I have a cold(con crud for example :( ) I do. So there is a risk of snoring. 

Well I just booked a flight home on the 26th. :)

2 hours ago, Wolfgang I said:

Well usually I do not snore according to my sources but if I have a cold(con crud for example :( ) I do. So there is a risk of snoring. 

Well I just booked a flight home on the 26th. :)

I'm willing to risk that.   btw If I have Plague as I kinda have a tradition of at TitanCon, then I'm horrible to share with.  so there is risk your end too.   

If you would like to share with me, the other bed is yours.  I'm in the Hilton.

Archived