DUBLIN 2019: An Irish Worldcon August 15-19 2019

1 hour ago, Pebble said:

I'm willing to risk that.   btw If I have Plague as I kinda have a tradition of at TitanCon, then I'm horrible to share with.  so there is risk your end too.   

If you would like to share with me, the other bed is yours.  I'm in the Hilton.

Sounds good to me.

I will bring earplugs :). 

Heads up people.   

Ryanair have just cancelled my flight home from Belfast to Stansted.  they where not able to offer any London flights on the day I booked (only flights available where Fridays or Sundays for the whole of August)

I'm now waiting to see if they also cancel my flight to Dublin.

Flybe are also cancelling flights.

I have a new flight booked using Air Lingus.

Hi everyone. :)

I decided that I need to go to Dublin.

It's important for my mental health that I see you again or meet for the first time.

No idea where to stay yet, but I hope that some opportunity opens up.

Can't wait. ❤️

Alas if you can't make Belfast, but hooray that you shall be in Ireland! And will be warmly welcomed there.

It's still months away but I'm already looking forward to this. I'm so happy the Irish bid won. Let's rock shamrock country, or something :-p

5 hours ago, Toft said:

Alas if you can't make Belfast, but hooray that you shall be in Ireland! And will be warmly welcomed there.

It's still months away but I'm already looking forward to this. I'm so happy the Irish bid won. Let's rock shamrock country, or something :-p

Looking forward to seeing you too and maybe sharing some wine. :D

I've booked a bed at a hostel not too far away from the convention center.

Haven't stayed at a hostel in ages but it should be ok. It's in a room with 4 beds, females only.

Guess my psychotherapist will be happy with me for taking chances. B)

there will at TitanCon.  We hope there will be 2 styles this year.  Both drawn by Heidi (she is currently designing our 2nd and unconfirmed rumours is that it will be an Iron Throne)

the first design and confirmed T shirt is the logo on the TitanCon banner.  Of course if your not coming to TitanCon then you might be able to find people willing to post it to you.

It would however be awesome if we have a worldon BWB shirt this year.

Well, I think we have a rule about no spoilers here on the BwB forum. Thank heavens. It means I can post something to say I'm happy and excited and I can leave it at that.

And what I really want to say is that I'm so glad I met you all, as many years ago as it was in each case, and cannot wait for Eastercon and what follows.

Rock on, Series Eight!

14 hours ago, Peadar said:

Anybody coming to the TitanCon Feast? The menu looks fantastic...

I'm quite interested in the side dish of "Young spinach and mescalin leaves."
While I suspect this is a typo, a hallucinogenic salad might make for some interesting parties later in the evening.

Archived