DUBLIN 2019: An Irish Worldcon August 15-19 2019

Oh and sorry for the double post but I think its worth its own post to remind people up here who don't travel down to the Literature Forum...votes are due tomorrow - July 31st - for the Hugo awards.  Anyone who is going to Worldcon this year can vote.

At a minimum vote for Peadar for the Lodestar Award for YA Novel :D

Goodness, I'd almost forgotten! Thanks for the reminder.

I wonder when the full schedule will be published.... Once we see that, things will fall into place in a much clearer fashion.

On 7/29/2019 at 6:54 PM, Toft said:

Ahhh, earliest slot available.... well.... it's not likely I will manage that. Are they limited? If they're not then I'll just see what time I wake up on the day. If the tickets are limited then I would have to pass on an early morning Monday slot. You know... experience ;-)

They are limited, but I don't think they will sell out, considering they have slots available for the next few days. I think you could just decide the day of. I feel you re: waking up early, I rarely wake up before noon as it is, plus I'll want to be up late hanging out at the con. However, I also really want to see as much of Ireland as possible, so we went with 9 am!

Given where I'm flying from, I can't predict when I'll be sleeping/awake! So let's see how things pan out. I'm not going to pre-book a ticket just to miss it and the discount is marginal. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone, anyway!

For TitanCon (not WorldCon, but we seem to have merged them here), if anybody is looking for a roommate in Belfast, Wild Cards author, Kevin Andrew Murphy will be joining us for TitanCon.

2 hours ago, Ran said:

The schedule for Dublin 2019 is now available, as is the the Titancon schedule.

I've tried to get a summary together of GRRM-adjacent stuff here, but it's by no means exhaustive,

Thanks for the summary. I've hurt my eyes perusing the immense pdf schedule for Worldcon. :D

Too bad GRRM isn't doing a reading this time.

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

Thanks for the summary. I've hurt my eyes perusing the immense pdf schedule for Worldcon. :D

Too bad GRRM isn't doing a reading this time.

I started to look through the pdf then decided to wait for the Grenadine version, at least they I can mark things I find interesting.

10 hours ago, Peadar said:

For TitanCon (not WorldCon, but we seem to have merged them here), if anybody is looking for a roommate in Belfast, Wild Cards author, Kevin Andrew Murphy will be joining us for TitanCon.

Darn, I think we're full for TitanCon, but still need 1 more roommate for WorldCon.

(Also pasted in the FB group - please send off to anyone not here and not in that group)

Ok, we are getting down to the wire. We had hoped to have all the ducks in a row before polling people, but life happens!

If you are interested in having a Dublin Worldcon BWB shirt, please fill in this form. I'll update everyone with information (like art and price) as I have more information.

Thank you!

https://forms.gle/aTiodz4AJ5AVdqyF6

6 hours ago, Lil Red Head said:

(Also pasted in the FB group - please send off to anyone not here and not in that group)

Ok, we are getting down to the wire. We had hoped to have all the ducks in a row before polling people, but life happens!

If you are interested in having a Dublin Worldcon BWB shirt, please fill in this form. I'll update everyone with information (like art and price) as I have more information.

Thank you!

https://forms.gle/aTiodz4AJ5AVdqyF6

Form filled, great idea :D

On 8/1/2019 at 12:31 PM, Ran said:

The schedule for Dublin 2019 is now available, as is the the Titancon schedule.

I've tried to get a summary together of GRRM-adjacent stuff here, but it's by no means exhaustive,

Thanks for putting the summary together. 

Regarding Titancon, is the Saturday August 24th 14:00 GRRM panel with George R.R. Martin, a reading by George?

Your summary does not include any information about it.

Archived