DUBLIN 2019: An Irish Worldcon August 15-19 2019

On 6/2/2019 at 12:20 PM, Cuellar said:

Well, I dragged my feet, and prices have skyrocketed.   Hilton's $324+tax a night, conrad $280+, radi $334+ and westin $350+.  Think I'm going to just book an airbnb, plenty of 2 bedrooms for $300 a night.  Worst case I can stay at my uncle's house for free and just uber...

If anyone still needs accommodation, let m know, since its easy to book a bigger airbnb.  I'm staying in town thu-tue. 

Tav I just picked up my membership for TitanCon.  Will be happy to split something Thu thru Tue in Dublin. Still think you should extend for Belfast but get there are other obligations.

As far as TitanCon goes, would like to book the feast but probably not the coach trip since last time leg room was rather limited.  Will look at the website later in the cold sober light of morning, but couldn't find the link to the feast. (NVM, the link is easy to find from the main titancon site but there's no backlink once you get to the grenadine site.)

Anyone looking to unload a worldcon membership, feel free to PM me.

2 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Anyone looking to unload a worldcon membership, feel free to PM me.

Check the BWB/Worldcon forum on Facebook -- several people have posted there about memberships for sale.

On 5/21/2019 at 4:08 PM, lady narcissa said:

In recent years it is the Baroness of the BWB @Xray the Enforcer and @Mr. X who have been in charge and taken care of the BWB Worldcon t-shirts.  I have no idea if there are any plans to make such t-shirts for this Worldcon but you should check with them first.

I sent a message to Xray but no response yet. Mr X cannot receive messages. If you have other contact info, can you ping them please? Thanks!

I've just received the discount code for the Belfast GOT touring exhibition.  Its a £2 per person discount/

The code is valid 14th-27th August 2019 inclusive.

Here also is a link that can be sent to delegates or for use on your website to give guests a taste of the exhibition: https://youtu.be/A4dZvpeDh8E

GOT touring exhibition people have asked us to share this with Dublin WorldCon although its a long trip from Dublin.

We will be making an official announcement on our website and sending a mailshot out to our members with the code and other info.

If however you would like the code now,  PM me.

For those interested in a group visit, I'll be booking my trip on the 21st at about 3pm  (will confrim when I book)

On 6/6/2019 at 8:40 AM, Lil Red Head said:

I sent a message to Xray but no response yet. Mr X cannot receive messages. If you have other contact info, can you ping them please? Thanks!

I asked Mr. X about this last night, and was informed that there are no plans for BWB t-shirts for either Dublin or Belfast.

4 hours ago, DaveAx said:

I asked Mr. X about this last night, and was informed that there are no plans for BWB t-shirts for either Dublin or Belfast.

We have left it a bit late, but if someone wants to design a simple T shirt, with just 1 or 2 printed colours, I can organise getting them printed and shipped to Dublin.   This is provided we have permission from Mr X

13 hours ago, Pebble said:

We have left it a bit late, but if someone wants to design a simple T shirt, with just 1 or 2 printed colours, I can organise getting them printed and shipped to Dublin.   This is provided we have permission from Mr X

I think your best bet would be to ask about this on the FaceBook BWB forum.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/532631506801816/

I'm fully booked now for flights, rooms, and both memberships.  Woot!

Glad to see in my email today a note from TitanCon that lists Peadar as the Toast Mutant.

I do sort of wish I booked a week or two earlier because the regular rooms for TitanCon have sold out and I had to upgrade to some sort of Executive branded room.  About 50 pounds a day more, but hey, it comes with breakfast.

14 hours ago, mcbigski said:

I'm fully booked now for flights, rooms, and both memberships.  Woot!

Glad to see in my email today a note from TitanCon that lists Peadar as the Toast Mutant.

I do sort of wish I booked a week or two earlier because the regular rooms for TitanCon have sold out and I had to upgrade to some sort of Executive branded room.  About 50 pounds a day more, but hey, it comes with breakfast.

I will happily toast anyone. Putting logs on the fire in anticipation...

A group of us are thinking of booking our tickets to the Belfast touring exhibition for Monday the 26th (the only day that really works for us), and I figured I'd see if anyone else wanted to check it out that day as well (or if there were already existing plans).

7 hours ago, ashayatara said:

A group of us are thinking of booking our tickets to the Belfast touring exhibition for Monday the 26th (the only day that really works for us), and I figured I'd see if anyone else wanted to check it out that day as well (or if there were already existing plans).

Sounds lovely, but that's the day I'm flying back to the US. Same for Maid of Woodlynne.

So I wrongly assumed the Hugo ceremony would be on Saturday, turns out it's Sunday, when I'm leaving. It's too late to change flights and hotels booking now. At least I won't have to pack a suit for the occasion.

23 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Was today the deadline for something at Titancon?

nope

Hilton Hotel member rates (assuming there are still rooms) 22nd July

Coach Tour (coaches will be booked, some spaces may be available after but no extra coaches) 30th June

feast is 5th August  or 15th July for special meal needs.

20 hours ago, ashayatara said:

remember to use the special discount code.  and if possible have 1 person book (there is a fixed booking fee for each transaction)  If you get 14 people go for the group booking, it will be cheaper than our discount.   If you don't know the code PM me.    Unless you have booked for the evening you should still be able to do the feast if interested as thats a 6:30.  You won't be able to make the coach tour though as thats also the Monday.  coach tour and feast is Sunday not Monday.   Don't mind me, I'm just the one organising both the coach tour and feast.....  and T-shirts.

For others there is a group of us going on Wednesday 21st at 3pm.  people who will be in Belfast early are more than welcome to join us.

A new Facebook group has been set up for Dublin 2019 members.

This group has been created to provide a place where WorldCon members can chat, share information, sell memberships or swap accommodation with each other. Please like and share with your friends, networks and all those interested in Dublin 2019, An Irish WorldCon. Note that Dublin 2019 Irish WorldCon Members Group is not an official group and as such is not regulated by WorldCon staff.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1309897269165297

2 hours ago, Pebble said:

Unless you have booked for the evening you should still be able to do the feast if interested as thats a 6:30.  You won't be able to make the coach tour though as thats also the Monday. 

Isn't the coach tour on the Sunday, not the Monday?

Archived