DUBLIN 2019: An Irish Worldcon August 15-19 2019

1 hour ago, DaveAx said:

A new Facebook group has been set up for Dublin 2019 members.

Please remember not everyone is on Facebook.  To the extent there are any BWB related activities discussed I ask those of you who are to kindly remember those of us not on Facebook and to be sure to post notices of such activities here on the board or find a way to provide notice to us.  Thank you.

8 hours ago, lady narcissa said:
10 hours ago, DaveAx said:

A new Facebook group has been set up for Dublin 2019 members.

Please remember not everyone is on Facebook.  To the extent there are any BWB related activities discussed I ask those of you who are to kindly remember those of us not on Facebook and to be sure to post notices of such activities here on the board or find a way to provide notice to us.  Thank you.

This was an informational post, for those who do use FaceBook. (I am well aware that some folks here don't use it, and that some FB users don't visit these boards on a regular basis. I'm one of the latter; the only thing I come here for is convention-related discussions.)

Please recognize that:
1) The group in question is not a BWB group, but rather a public group that may be useful to those here who are looking for additional information on many topics, including local non-convention events, room sharing, membership purchases or sales, &c.

2) If my post gave you the impression that I was announcing a BWB group, my apologies for the lack of clarity.

3) Because it is not a BWB group, I strongly doubt that any BWB activities will be discussed there. That said, however, there is a long-standing private BWB/Worldcon group on FB where con-related discussions have been ongoing for years. Personally, I find it simplest to monitor both this forum and the one on FB.

47 minutes ago, DaveAx said:

Because it is not a BWB group, I strongly doubt that any BWB activities will be discussed there. That said, however, there is a long-standing private BWB/Worldcon group on FB where con-related discussions have been ongoing for years. Personally, I find it simplest to monitor both this forum and the one on FB.

Thanks for the clarification about that specific group not being BWB related.  I'll still stand by my request, however, as a general note.  Over the years BWB Worldcon group activity discussion has pretty much migrated to Facebook and people not on it have to rely on those who are to keep us informed about activities.  So I'll just keep it as a general reminder since not everyone is over there and there are always people from the board who are new to Worldcon and might not be aware of the Facebook group and might never find us there unless things are also posted here.

I'll try to keep you updated here as well as on FB. 

On exciting news that I can't show you yet, TitanCon has 2 T-shirts available this year.  I expect an official announcement late this evening or tomorrow with pictures.

The first looks very much like what is on our banner on our homepage  https://titancon.com/2019/index.php

the 2nd is an awesome Iron Throne.

T-shirts will cost £15 each and will be available by pre-order and payment only.   and like normal will be available in multiple colours.

We will not receive the T-shirts before we get to Belfast for TitanCon, so there is absolutely no way these will be available in Dublin world con.  TitanCon also does not post T-shirts.  If you are not going to be attending TitanCon and would like one, then I highly recommend you ask a friend to collect one for you.

If the T-shirt needs to travel a long distance it would make more cost effective sense to find someone who is going from where you are from to reduce postage costs.   However I am willing to post a limited number to T-shirts.

On 6/24/2019 at 11:21 PM, ashayatara said:

A group of us are thinking of booking our tickets to the Belfast touring exhibition for Monday the 26th (the only day that really works for us), and I figured I'd see if anyone else wanted to check it out that day as well (or if there were already existing plans).

That's a possibility. My flight isn't until 9pm.

I'd like to go to the exhibition on the Monday.

I should probably think of booking my transport at some point! Rest assured, I am going to both cons and at least have the accommodation sorted.

TitanCon's T-shirts are now on sale.  Check out our Merchandise page.

Its a little later than planned as we had some technical issues.

If you would like a T-shirt they must be pre-ordered by the 15th July.

If you are not coming to TitanCon and would like a shirt then find someone willing to collect on your behalf.  TitanCon will not be responsible for posting T-shirts.   I am willing to post a limited number of shirts, (although if you live the other side of the Atlantic it may be cheaper if you found someone more local to you who can collect for you)

A limited number of coach tour tickets are still available.

Feast tickets are still available.

23 hours ago, Pebble said:

TitanCon's T-shirts are now on sale.  Check out our Merchandise page.

Its a little later than planned as we had some technical issues.

If you would like a T-shirt they must be pre-ordered by the 15th July.

If you are not coming to TitanCon and would like a shirt then find someone willing to collect on your behalf.  TitanCon will not be responsible for posting T-shirts.   I am willing to post a limited number of shirts, (although if you live the other side of the Atlantic it may be cheaper if you found someone more local to you who can collect for you)

A limited number of coach tour tickets are still available.

Feast tickets are still available.

I just ordered two shirts. Still have to ask someone to collect them for me.

Are there no coach tickets left? I tried to order one and see no option to do so.

eta: Have ordered coach tour, feast and t-shirt.  Everything on the Grenadine page is in nice large letters except the tiny line that says 'more tickets' that I missed.

I think there are now 9 coach tickets left.

Just announced by the Dublin folks:
"Just fyi if any of you have booked the Dublin International Youth hostel on Mountjoy Square.. It's no longer in operation and does not appear to have informed upcoming guests."

A Titancon query for those who may know: is there any programming scheduled for the Sunday, or is the coach tour and subsequent feast the whole of Sunday's events?

On 7/10/2019 at 1:55 PM, Ran said:

A Titancon query for those who may know: is there any programming scheduled for the Sunday, or is the coach tour and subsequent feast the whole of Sunday's events?

Coach tour and feast are the only planned things on the Sunday right now.  We don't have the Hilton venue anymore other than for the feast.  There may be a last minute addition as there has always been vauge talk about organising some touristy things in Belfast or a picnic somewhere.  But as far as I know nothing has happened as those that would run such things are all on the coach tour.

It would be a good day to do the GOT touring expo (remember there is a discount code, pm me if you need it )or titanic experience. 

23 hours ago, redriver said:

Got the 5th last one.Do people use their own names their usernames as a rule?

Depends.

Most people use their real name, I normally use Pebble.

Remember Titancon Teeshirts need to be ordered by the 15th which is Monday, when we put the order in to the printers.

Titancon will not post them, but if you ask here I'm sure someone (maybe even me) will be willing to collect and post on your behalf.

Hey. I'll be at Dublin and Belfast. Staying in a hostel in Dublin and AirBnb in Belfast. Travelling with my other half so doing a bit of exploration around the cons. Looking forward to seeing new and old friends x

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 2:35 AM, Quaithe from Asshai said:

Hey folks, 

Do we know if George is planning a reading at Worldcon?

The reading slots haven't been fully decided yet, as far as I know.

Archived