Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Luzifer's right hand

DUBLIN 2019: An Irish Worldcon August 15-19 2019

Recommended Posts

Oh and sorry for the double post but I think its worth its own post to remind people up here who don't travel down to the Literature Forum...votes are due tomorrow - July 31st - for the Hugo awards.  Anyone who is going to Worldcon this year can vote.

At a minimum vote for Peadar for the Lodestar Award for YA Novel :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goodness, I'd almost forgotten! Thanks for the reminder.

I wonder when the full schedule will be published.... Once we see that, things will fall into place in a much clearer fashion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I'm thrilled to see all of you at Dublin! . We will probably go to the Wild card Trivia ! Hoping to catch you there.

Edited by Tomcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 6:54 PM, Toft said:

Ahhh, earliest slot available.... well.... it's not likely I will manage that. Are they limited? If they're not then I'll just see what time I wake up on the day. If the tickets are limited then I would have to pass on an early morning Monday slot. You know... experience ;-)

They are limited, but I don't think they will sell out, considering they have slots available for the next few days. I think you could just decide the day of. I feel you re: waking up early, I rarely wake up before noon as it is, plus I'll want to be up late hanging out at the con. However, I also really want to see as much of Ireland as possible, so we went with 9 am!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given where I'm flying from, I can't predict when I'll be sleeping/awake! So let's see how things pan out. I'm not going to pre-book a ticket just to miss it and the discount is marginal. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone, anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For TitanCon (not WorldCon, but we seem to have merged them here), if anybody is looking for a roommate in Belfast, Wild Cards author, Kevin Andrew Murphy will be joining us for TitanCon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ran said:

The schedule for Dublin 2019 is now available, as is the the Titancon schedule.

I've tried to get a summary together of GRRM-adjacent stuff here, but it's by no means exhaustive,

Thanks for the summary. I've hurt my eyes perusing the immense pdf schedule for Worldcon. :D

Too bad GRRM isn't doing a reading this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

Thanks for the summary. I've hurt my eyes perusing the immense pdf schedule for Worldcon. :D

Too bad GRRM isn't doing a reading this time.

I started to look through the pdf then decided to wait for the Grenadine version, at least they I can mark things I find interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Peadar said:

For TitanCon (not WorldCon, but we seem to have merged them here), if anybody is looking for a roommate in Belfast, Wild Cards author, Kevin Andrew Murphy will be joining us for TitanCon.

Darn, I think we're full for TitanCon, but still need 1 more roommate for WorldCon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lil Red Head said:

Darn, I think we're full for TitanCon, but still need 1 more roommate for WorldCon.

Thanks for answering, anyway :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot find the full Titancon programme on the web site! Am I being daft? If anyone could send a link then I'd be grateful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Also pasted in the FB group - please send off to anyone not here and not in that group)

Ok, we are getting down to the wire. We had hoped to have all the ducks in a row before polling people, but life happens!

If you are interested in having a Dublin Worldcon BWB shirt, please fill in this form. I'll update everyone with information (like art and price) as I have more information.

Thank you!

https://forms.gle/aTiodz4AJ5AVdqyF6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lil Red Head said:

(Also pasted in the FB group - please send off to anyone not here and not in that group)

Ok, we are getting down to the wire. We had hoped to have all the ducks in a row before polling people, but life happens!

If you are interested in having a Dublin Worldcon BWB shirt, please fill in this form. I'll update everyone with information (like art and price) as I have more information.

Thank you!

https://forms.gle/aTiodz4AJ5AVdqyF6

Form filled, great idea :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2019 at 12:31 PM, Ran said:

The schedule for Dublin 2019 is now available, as is the the Titancon schedule.

I've tried to get a summary together of GRRM-adjacent stuff here, but it's by no means exhaustive,

Thanks for putting the summary together. 

Regarding Titancon, is the Saturday August 24th 14:00 GRRM panel with George R.R. Martin, a reading by George?

Your summary does not include any information about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...