Do the direwolves foreshadow how each Stark dies?

WalkinDude

This isn't really related to episode 5, but it's not something I can discuss in the General forum because it involves show material.

But I've noticed a similarity to the way the direwolves have been killed and Stark children.

1.) Lady -Stabbed through the heart.  Robb, stabbed through the heart.

2.) Greywind - killed by arrows.  Rickon, killed by an arrow.

3.) Summer - stabbed to death.  Jon, stabbed to death.

4.) Shaggydog - killed by unknown means, but we'll tentatively use "betrayal".  Could Bran, Arya or Sansa be killed by betrayal or in a manner similar to how Shaggydog was killed?

With all the foreshadowing present in the series, I think the similarities here are worth a consideration.

11 hours ago, WalkinDude said:

This isn't really related to episode 5, but it's not something I can discuss in the General forum because it involves show material.

But I've noticed a similarity to the way the direwolves have been killed and Stark children.

4.) Shaggydog - killed by unknown means, but we'll tentatively use "betrayal".  Could Bran, Arya or Sansa be killed by betrayal or in a manner similar to how Shaggydog was killed?

With all the foreshadowing present in the series, I think the similarities here are worth a consideration.

It would not make sense to link the death of a direwolf with the death of a random Stark child and not with his/her owner. 

12 hours ago, WalkinDude said:

So from Shaggydog's death we can infer that one of the Starks will be killed by unknown means.

16 hours ago, WalkinDude said:

You are on the right track.  Except look not into the way they died but the reason surrounding the deaths in relation to their owner.  Sansa and Arya are combined in their loss of their wolves... Arya told the truth about something and was against Joffrey but Lady got killed instead of Nymeria.  Lady was innocent but Cersei wanted "a" direwolf killed to pay for the injury to Joffrey.  Arya was against Joffrey and Nymeria ended up escaping to live on.  There is a lot of symbolism there how each of their lives played out up until now.

Obviously Ghost is the only one left.  Yes, Nymeria is alive but she is not WITH Arya.  And Arya let her go freely... recognizing Nym was not a pet any longer and had survived and was free.  Jon and Ghost are the only still-bonded pair.  It means something.

I've not been able to completely work it out completely but I'm SURE it's where the truth of the symbolism is.  Let's find it together :D

Greywind was allowed to be put in a cage and they killed him while trapped.

Summer died in the 3-eyed raven's cave.  Meera said to Brain "you died in that cave".

17 hours ago, WalkinDude said:

It matters not to me how the Starks die, as long as they do die.  What foreshadows the death of a Stark is when they do something dumb, like breaking a sacred oath to Lord Walder Frey.  Betraying the Night's Watch, in the books.

Interesting for sure, but, I think discussing theories involving the connection between the Starks and the Direwolves in the context of the show is moot since they aren't anything more than a pet in the show medium.  Lady died because of Cersei, Greywind died because he was locked up, Nymeria is alive but forced away and now doesn't connect to Arya, Summer died protecting Bran, Shaggydog died because he was captured with Rickon, and Ghost is just a Ghost.  

The books will be so much better in regards to the subtleties and true bonds between the Stark kids and their Wolves.

39 minutes ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

It matters not to me how the Starks die, as long as they do die.  What foreshadows the death of a Stark is when they do something dumb, like breaking a sacred oath to Lord Walder Frey.  Betraying the Night's Watch, in the books.

Bet you're fun at parties. 

4 minutes ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

If we were both on the invite list, there will certainly be a debate.  

No, there wouldn't. At least not based on the posts of yours that I've read (admittedly I've only read a minority of your reports, but the anti-Stark theme is unmistakable). They tend to be very illogical, unreasonable and needlessly inflammatory.  Hell, part of me thinks you're just trolling, same thing goes for the anti-Dany or anti-Tyrion people (are there anti-Tyrion people)?

That doesn't make for an entertaining debate. 

To each their own though.  

2 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Sorry but I'm curious, just how did Jon betray the Night Watch?

Archived