Who's good enough to beat a White Walker in single combat?

jontargaryan

I got a feeling that there are no heroes in this universe and there is no magic bound to certain people making them the only ones, the chosen ones to kill white walkers. So as long as their torso is penetrated by obsidian or Valyrian steel, they're dead.

A 12 years old peasant boy could do it.

It depends a lot on knowledge. If the human fighter doesn't know the strengths and weaknesses of the White Walker, I wouldn't put money on many of them. If the White Walker knows the human has a weapon that's deadly to them, it makes a difference too. Sam could never have killed one if he didn't have surprise dragonglass.

But I think really anyone would be foolish to try. I see dragonglass arrows as the solution, not Valyrian steel swords, so as far as I'm concerned the true answer is anyone who can shoot.

What are you guys watching?  The White Walkers can't fight for shit.  If it wasn't for their ice blades shattering normal steel, they'd get dropped like 3rd-period French.  Give Ser Waymar Royce a Valyrian steel sword and he kills every last one of them in the prologue, and GOT would just be the boring tale of HOT NAKED CHICKS and the Iron Throne.

On 17/08/2017 at 4:42 PM, jontargaryan said:

Assuming they're allowed to use a Valyrian steel sword

I dont think we need to assume this, its a given, no valyrian steel, no kill....... well there will be a kill and it wont be the WW. 

7 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

Take out weapons and nobody. They are too strong for any mortal man

Agreed. Any half decent swordsman/women would defeat a WW with only a Valyrian sword as far as we are aware. Take the Valyrian sword/weapon out the equation, then no one can. 

Put a valyrian steel sword in their hands and is say that there are quite a few fighters in Westeros who could take one.  

Their main advantage so far is that normal weapons shatter against the ice swords Walkers carry.  

Take away that advantage and you're left with unspectacular fighters.  At least from what we've seen so far.  

1 hour ago, Lurid Jester said:

Put a valyrian steel sword in their hands and is say that there are quite a few fighters in Westeros who could take one.  

Their main advantage so far is that normal weapons shatter against the ice swords Walkers carry.  

Take away that advantage and you're left with unspectacular fighters.  At least from what we've seen so far.  

Agreed.

We havent seen the NK himself fight yet though. He will likely be much much more dangerous than a regular WW, particular as it seems the story seems to be going the way of kill NK, all the wights die scenario.

the walkers are also super humanly strong, but they dont seem any more skilled than any of the knights....  so jon and bronn, brienne and the hound, beric and gendry, a few others. the walkers greatest advantages are that are strong enough to throw a man across a room, can shatter ordinary steel,and i bet that regular steel would only chip them if it actually struck them, but thats a guess.

Why do you even think they are skilled in CqC in the first place ? As long as you have the valeryian steel or the obsidian, any man could do it. Even Sam killed one.

Night King is another story though, I doubt he would die that easily.

14 hours ago, Erkan12 said:

Why do you even think they are skilled in CqC in the first place ? As long as you have the valeryian steel or the obsidian, any man could do it. Even Sam killed one.

Night King is another story though, I doubt he would die that easily.

well, he is the original. his abilities might be a great deal greater in magnitude, though likely fall into the same categories. but since he actually has a chunk of obsidian for a heart, i dont think dragonglass will work on him.

Archived