Is Bran 3ER the only real player in the GoT?

John Meta

A thought came to me, I haven't thought it through but throwing it out there. What if Three-Eyed Raven is "whispering" to both Red Priests and Night King? What if Night King knows what is going to happen, not because he has his own precog abilities, but because Three-Eyed Raven is instructing him, and at the same time, instructing the Red Priests? What if "Game of Thrones" isn't really about all of the people playing a game of thrones; what if the game of thrones is being played by Three-Eyed Raven? This could be why it was said to Bran "The only thing that matters is you": Three-Eyed Raven is the one sitting at the proverbial table, everyone else is pieces on his board. In other words, could Three-Eyed Raven be the proverbial "Player One" in a one-player GoT? Evaluations?

edit: For sake of clarity what I mean by way of analogue is something like this: When Bran becomes Three-Eyed Raven, there's a chair he sits in and a turns on his Nintendo, and 8-bit Game of Thrones "start game" music theme is playing. He presses "START". Gets a little preview, and game title "Can you bring peace to the Seven Kingdoms?" So he is able to influence the characters, as it were. Say, Night King and Red Priests. So he needs to 'whisper' to them to get them to follow his instructions. This in turn has an affect on the characters in the game as they react to the movements and actions of the other.

So Three-Eyed Raven right now is getting a feel for learning the basics of the game. So he might 'whisper' something to a Red Priestess and BZZZZT! "Red Priestess has misinterpreted your whispers! Shireen has been burned! Baratheon alliance faction hit!" So the point of the game is for "Player one" to influence key figures on both sides in order to eventually cause the desired outcome of peace. He gets better as he begins to understand the game "Night King has slain the dragon! Jon Snow gains Dany as a companion against Night King! You have achieved Stark-Targaryen alliance!" Being a non-linear being (since he moves and acts through time much like Cooper in the Tesseract - Interstellar), he can/will/does act along the timeline at any point (bootstrap paradoxing, as it were).

1. The NK just killed their ''god''.......
  2. Does Bran now start whispering to both?
  3. How does Bran know what to do?
  4. We never see the 3ER do anything to affect the timeline etc, he says the ink is dry......

So your telling me an amalgamation of the NKs god and the Lord of Lights god has been sitting in a cave, waiting for Bran whispering in people ears.......

14 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:
  1. The NK just killed their ''god''.......
  2. Does Bran now start whispering to both?
  3. How does Bran know what to do?
  4. We never see the 3ER do anything to affect the timeline etc, he says the ink is dry......

So your telling me an amalgamation of the NKs god and the Lord of Lights god has been sitting in a cave, waiting for Bran whispering in people ears.......

Bear in mind this is based on 3ER being a clearly non-linear being, able to create bootstrap paradoxes at any point in time, just like Cooper in the Tesseract (if you saw Interstellar) and this ability makes 3ER as a "multi-dimensional" being with respect to time. To everyone else, time is a linear 'road' they travel in one direction of cause to effect; but to 3ER time is not that way. He can move through time in any direction he wishes, and cause to effect is able to be bootstrapped into retroactive causality (as with Hodor).

3ER can whisper to anyone he wants to but to effectuate real change, he would want to influence the people with the most influence on the realm. There's no point in whispering to, say, Hotpie because Hotpie cannot reallt cause any large scale reaction. So 3ER would want to whisper to very influential people. As of now, the only people in the story that seem to be getting information about the future, are the Night King and the Red Priests.

1. Not sure what you mean by this.

2. The word 'now' becomes difficult when we're talking about a non-linear being. For example, the 3ER who is in, say, the last episode of the series, can effectively be talking to people 'now' in the 7th season. He can be effecting everything we have seen so far. For all intents, 3ER in the last episode could be talking to 3ER in the current episodes: he can effectively be his own teacher, if he wants. He could be the one who is giving Bran his visions last season, the one leading Bran to become 3ER, just as was said about the 3ER "he's you": so I'm not saying that 3ER that we're seeing in season 7 episode 6 is whispering to Night King, but that 3ER from season 8 episode X is the 3ER who is influencing what we're watching in season 7 (and really, for all intents, what we've been watching since season 1)

3. In the current episodes, 3ER appears to be learning how to use his abilities, and will at some point in future episodes, have mastered them. At the point of mastering his abilities, he is able to effectuate himself anywhere along the timeline of every prior season. This is not "changing" the timeline, it will be establishing the timline via bootstrap paradoxing. Just as the Hodor thing was a bootstrap paradox; it did not "change" the timeline, it "caused" the timeline. It's a difficult concept to put into words since our language doesn't accomodate expressing non-linear time very well.

4. The "ink is dry" because a bootstrap paradox doesn't create an "alternate timeline": for instance, there was never a time when Hodor was not Hodor; and that was "caused" by Bran. Bran did not "change" the timeline, he "caused" it via bootstrap paradox. What I mean is, Bran didn't travel with a Hodor that was fully rational and lucid, then go back and time and, warg Hodor, causing his condition, and then Hodor in the present suddenly changed into his state: but Hodor was always like that, nothing was changed, Bran did not change the timeline, he caused it via bootstrap paradoxing. Thus we know 3ER has the ability to create bootstrap paradoxes at his will.

So what I am saying is that, we have this story of these people all attempting to influence the realms for their various intentions, being it power, glory, heridtary claim, whatever. They are all playing a "game of thrones": but 3ER is now the most influential being in the realms, not only in the moment, but across all of time. He is an unparalleled being. While everyone else can only play the "game of thrones" in the linear moment, 3ER can play the "game of thrones" across time and space, and is now without peer, the most powerful player in the game. So powerful, that the "game of thrones" being played by the other characters is not even really under their full control anymore - they are now merely a "subset game" being played inside of the "main game" in which 3ER is the only real player.

Again bear in mind that 3ER we're seeing now in season 7 is not the only 3ER in the proverbial "game" because the 3ER that will be in the final 3ER episode (whichever that may be) can also currently be at work in season 6 (even in all seasons) because he is not limited to acting along the same linear "path" as everyone else in the series.

Does any of this make sense? The concepts may or may not be difficult to grasp; but I'm not sure if I'm conveying them with enough clarity.

Archived