u.s. politics: faygo to the polls

all swedes are racist

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

To the first bit, i guess that would depend on your definition of serious. One of the friends I spoke of earlier helped an older woman (by his estimation probably mid to late 60's) after she had a barrel bomb tossed in her face. This broke her glasses, blowing them a good 10 yards off her face. She had serious powder burns around her eyes and nose, was bleeding from the nose and was likely concussed. He helped to her to EMT's who quickly assessed her and then loaded her into an ambulance, so his assumption is that she was hospitalized. This all occurred at the 2nd Berkeley riot.

Was she part of a Trump rally?

8 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

60 yo woman at Berkeley riot = part of Trump rally = neo-nazi = deserves to get barrel bombed to the face

or

60 yo woman at Berkeley riot = part of Trump rally = deserves to get barrel bombed to the face

either way, your formula is seriously sketchy. That is, assuming this question was supposed to be taken somewhat seriously. apologies if you were joking, but boy this thread has been anything but humorous lately

10 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

to this, i'm going to freely admit; it doesn't matter. but, then again, that kind of thing is tough to control... not at all like police who purposefully pepper spray the  elderly, handicapped, and children

eta: and by it doesn't matter, i mean it's shitty as hell no matter who threw the 'barrel bomb

1 minute ago, r'hllor's red lobster said:

to this, i'm going to freely admit; it doesn't matter. but, then again, that kind of thing is tough to control... not at all like police who purposefully pepper spray the  elderly, handicapped, and children

If you truly think it doesn't matter (which it doesn't), then I don't understand why you feel the need to bring up police violence in this context. The only purpose this serves is to soften the fucking obvious nastiness of that post.

6 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

60 yo woman at Berkeley riot = part of Trump rally = neo-nazi = deserves to get barrel bombed to the face

or

60 yo woman at Berkeley riot = part of Trump rally = deserves to get barrel bombed to the face

Oye.

10 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

If you truly think it doesn't matter (which it doesn't), then I don't understand why you feel the need to bring up police violence in this context. The only purpose this serves is to soften the fucking obvious nastiness of that post.

the fuck are you even talking about? 

11 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

Awww, I'm just free speechin' around! I do like the highlighted though, just 23 characters to earn such strong condemnation. Brevity and all that... 

To be fair, I have to admit that I have no idea what a barrel bomb is. Though from the described injuries it sounds like a large firecracker. If I were to throw something into a crowd of Trupists(yes, = nazi) I'd try to make sure it could help them see the error of their ways. Maybe a brick.

11 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

What's a barrel bomb in this context?

Yea, I'm wondering what it is too. 

The only barrel bombs I have ever heard of are usually large barrel shaped metal containers that are unguided and just dropped from a helicopter or plane. Like the ones used extensively by the Syrian Air Force in the Syrian civil war.

1 minute ago, Sword of Doom said:

Yea, I'm wondering what it is too. 

The only barrel bombs I have ever heard of are usually large barrel shaped metal containers that are unguided and just dropped from a helicopter or plane.

Yeah that's my understanding too. And that's one tough old lady if she survived one hitting her in the face then exploding.

32 minutes ago, r'hllor's red lobster said:

the fuck are you even talking about? 

I'm saying that in response to a poster implicitly suggesting that throwing an explosive at a 60 year old woman's face would be justified were she in attendance at a Trump rally, you said "it doesn't matter" and then made a non-sequitur about police pepper spraying and committing other acts of violence against protesters. 

Which, I am very much against, but it also has nothing to do with the post you quoted. So I'm not sure why you said it; there are a few options. One might be that you wanted to use these acts by the police as a point of contrast to suggest that the view being condoned by the post isn't actually so bad, by comparison. That is what I alluded to.

Another possibility is that you just wanted to say something completely unrelated to the post you quoted. 

Don't act like you don't get what "the fuck I'm even talking about"

ETA!

You did edit your post after I posted, which seems to suggest a completely different meaning of "it doesn't matter," which seems counter intuitive to the obvious reading--so maybe I misinterpreted what you meant. Or not. *shrug*

9 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

Which, I am very much against, but it also has nothing to do with the post you quoted. So I'm not sure why you said it; there are a few options. One might be that you wanted to use these acts by the police as a point of contrast to suggest that the view being condoned by the post isn't actually so bad, by comparison. That is what I alluded to.

Or, maybe he was taking you at your word, which is what I quoted earlier and still stands.  You seemed to be cool with a 60 yo woman getting bombed "to the face."  It's right up there.

5 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Or, maybe he was taking you at your word, which is what I quoted earlier and still stands.  You seemed to be cool with a 60 yo woman getting bombed "to the face."  It's right up there.

Uhh

Those two "equations" were my parsing of what was implied by WinterFox's question. Sorry if I didn't make the sarcasm clear enough?

I thought the bit about "your formula is seriously sketchy" would be a clear enough indicator; apparently not. I kind of doubt that's what he had in mind, though.

edit: alright, just to clarify:

The only possible non-glib reason I can think of to ask "was she a Trump supporter?" was to either imply that because the woman was at a Trump rally, she is necessarily a neo-nazi, and therefore deserved to be bombed in the face, or, that she deserved to be bombed in the face because she was at a Trump rally. I think that both of these propositions are pretty fucking garbage.

1 hour ago, IamMe90 said:

either way, your formula is seriously sketchy. That is, assuming this question was supposed to be taken somewhat seriously. apologies if you were joking, but boy this thread has been anything but humorous lately

Yeah, not sure what the fuck this means.  Definitely not a clear enough indicator.  Maybe make shit more explicit after joking around about bombing an old woman in the face.

Archived