Daenerys will rule Westeros in the end of the story.

X-Buster

Daenerys Targaryen will become the second ruling queen of Westeros after she takes the Iron Throne.  She is the person who is best fit to rule and reform the kingdom. 

1. Daenerys always finds a way to win.  She was forced to marry Khal Drogo and turned that to her advantage.  Where most women would wilt away, Daenerys won Drogo's respect.  She was badly outnumbered and yet she found a way to free the Unsullied from their Astapori masters.  She took Yunkai without a siege and won the Second Sons (Storm Crows in the text) over to her side.  She defeated the masters and took their ships.
  2. Dany has proven herself capable of bettering the lives of people.  Like many, many fans have posted on this very forum, millions of people in the East now enjoy freedom because of Daenerys Targaryen.  She dismantled the slave trade and made sure no one in the future will ever be enslaved again.  Part of making that happen required taking complete control of the Dothraki by getting rid of the khals, the source of most of the slaves.
  3. Daenerys has a regal bearing.  It's been said more than a few times by more than a few people.  Daenerys has the elegance and the bearing of a monarch.  I have now watched every episode of the show, an exercise that took up many hours, and I do not recall a single scene in which Daenerys utters a profanity of any kind.  Whereas most of the characters regularly drop the f-bomb, shit, and the c-word, Daenerys always chooses intelligent words to express herself.  She always carries herself with dignity.  Just watching that scene right before she executed the Tarlys was like watching a God delivering judgment.  It just felt right.  It was right and it was the right decision to handle someone like Randyll Tarly and his son.
  4. Daenerys' story is a parallel to that of her great ancestor, Aegon the Conqueror.  Aegon gave people the same choice.  Bend the knee or die.  A few minor but arrogant kings, like Durandon, Hoare, and Gardener had to die before Westeros bent its knees and became all the better for it.  You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet. 
  5. Daenerys knows how to seize the moment.  She took advantage of the cult of R'hllor to help bring peace and hope to Meereen.  While not a religious person herself (which is a good thing), she knows the value of religion and belief.  She uses them to her advantage, like any capable ruler should.  Like any capable politician should.
  6. I liked that topic thread crediting Dany's public speaking skills.  She is the best orator among the main characters.  Her keen intelligence and timing enhance her considerable communications skills. 
  7. Daenerys has travelled the Free Cities.  She can speak many different language, from the Common Tongue, to High Valyrian, to Dothraki.  She is a very knowledgeable person.  In a land whose idea of a "formal education" is having been spoon fed by the Maesters, Dany has traveled widely and actually gained real world experience. 
  8. Daenerys looks like a Targaryen.  She has those physical traits that are uniquely Valyrian.  She has awakened dragons from stone.  She is Azor Ahai.  She is the Mother of Dragons.  Her identity cannot be disputed nor questioned by anyone. 

I wrote this partly in response to the many fans' concerns about too much fan service and how it may affect the ending.  While I can agree that there is a lot of fan service on the show.  That is true.  However, I also believe that the show and the books will reach the same conclusion:  Daenerys Targaryen on the throne and ruling Westeros.  No other ending would make any sense. 

The writing on the show can get lazy at times and too many shortcuts just to force a scene to happen.  Case in point:  Gilly finding that passage regarding Rhaegar's annulment.  It's blatantly contrived.   I believe that they ad lib on the smaller parts but the ending of book and show will agree. 

I too believe Dany will rule Westeros in the end for all of the reasons you mentioned.  You might want to add these other items to the list.

1. Dany has three dragons.  This is a clear sign that Dany is the three headed dragon of House Targaryen.  She is what Rhaegar mistakenly thought he was. 
  2. Dany is fireproof on the show.  Which is as close to a god as a person can be. 
18 hours ago, E.S. Dinah said:

Daenerys has a regal bearing.  It's been said more than a few times by more than a few people.  Daenerys has the elegance and the bearing of a monarch.  I have now watched every episode of the show, an exercise that took up many hours, and I do not recall a single scene in which Daenerys utters a profanity of any kind.  Whereas most of the characters regularly drop the f-bomb, shit, and the c-word, Daenerys always chooses intelligent words to express herself.  She always carries herself with dignity.  Just watching that scene right before she executed the Tarlys was like watching a God delivering judgment.  It just felt right.  It was right and it was the right decision to handle someone like Randyll Tarly and his son.

What an interesting observation.  You're right.  Dany always expresses herself using proper words.  She doesn't spout off profanity.  And that elevates her above the other characters.  It shows she has elegance and class.

9 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Visions have a habit of foreshadowing/future references. The house of the undying vision clearly shows her to nearly touch the Iron Throne but doesnt. I believe this pretty much foreshadows her fate of never getting/sitting the Iron Throne. 

I hadn't thought of that, but good catch. And in that vision, it was snowing and the roof was gone. Perhaps the White Walkers bring winter to King's Landing and destroy the place?

19 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Someones not been paying attention, if you think this has a happening ending, you not being paying attention my sweet summer child......

And someone is trying very hard to deny the truth.   And that someone is you, Samwell_Tarly.  :)

21 minutes ago, princess brittany said:

she most likely will.

Most definitely.  Dany will rule Westeros.

Dany is the most capable among the candidates.   Breaking the Wheel means empowering the common folk and the best way to do this is to give them the right to own land and property.  Daenerys will use the same philosophy that she used to help the slaves in the east.  Those former slaves now have more liberty, can own property, and enjoy more rights than the small folk of Westeros.  Consider how monumental of a change that was.  The former slaves of slaver's bay are now better off than the commoners of Westeros.  Meereen is strong and the economy has expanded by allowing more people and more classes to own wealth-building property.  All that, thanks to Daenerys and her dragons.  That is the single greatest reform that we know of in the story.  

Obviously, Dany will have to be in a position of strength to put these changes in place and it will take time.  It took a long time in Meereen.  There will be resistance but the end will justify the means because it will greatly benefit more than it will hurt.  The lords and the ladies of Westeros will have to give up some of their lands and they will have to compete for business with their former serving men and women.  The Iron Bank will have new opportunities when this new economy expands.  Those new businesses will need loans to get capital.  The reform will take a long time but only Daenerys can do it.  That is the reason why Daenerys will survive.  She has a vision and she still has a major role to play in the future.  

1 hour ago, Styl7 said:

I want to say my opinion on that....... But it includes one thing from episode 6 so I will be patient and wait until the new episode is officially released..

Will Dany rule alone?

no i dont think dany will rule alone.

She won't even end up alive, I'd bet on it. So much is being set up for Jon to carry on for her (ep6 spoilers included), and she's just heading down the wrong path. 

Jon is the Prince that was promised, as only he could ever get Daenerys to join the battle against the dead, (which is the only way they'd win). And beyond that purpose, she has none. She's for the chop. 

1 hour ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Those former slaves now have more liberty, can own property, and enjoy more rights than the small folk of Westeros.  Consider how monumental of a change that was.  The former slaves of slaver's bay are now better off than the commoners of Westeros.

There you go.  You just took the wind out of the sails of the Dany haters.  Your point proves that Dany has a smart plan in mind and she knows what she's doing.  She already improved the lives of millions in Slaver's Bay, now smartly renamed the Bay of Dragons.  Daenerys improved the lives of millions!  That is a FACT, not a theory.  Daenerys deserves to rule in the end.  I believe she will. 

20 minutes ago, Bowen 747 said:

There you go.  You just took the wind out of the sails of the Dany haters.  Your point proves that Dany has a smart plan in mind and she knows what she's doing.  She already improved the lives of millions in Slaver's Bay, now smartly renamed the Bay of Dragons.  Daenerys improved the lives of millions!  That is a FACT, not a theory.  Daenerys deserves to rule in the end.  I believe she will. 

A smart plan? What show!Dany did in Meereen is exactly the same thing book!Dany did in Astapor. And I hope it's not too big a spoiler to point out that it was a disaster. It didn't take long before her wise council was deposed by a butcher who declared himself King and absolute despot. He quickly died, leading to a civil war between claimants even worse than himself. Before long, people dug up the butcher's dead body and appointed him leader again out of desperation. And then everyone died of plague, starvation, and invasion. (Sure, this time she left Daario behind with a mercenary company, so the invasion part might not be as big a risk, but everything else is the same.)

What do you think is going to happen if you take a bunch of uneducated people who've never heard of democracy, or any of its prerequisites, and tell them to invent a government and take off?

Meanwhile, Dany just had a discussion with Tyrion about where they could look for examples, and the best they could come up with is the Ironborn and the Free Folk.

If Dany wants to establish a constitutional monarchy, a professional judiciary, and some other first steps along the path to democracy, that sounds great. If she just wants to smash the system and hope they can come up with something better from scratch, everyone is going to starve to death or end up under control of a brutal local warlord.

falcotron, you're ignoring the facts as pointed out by Moiraine.  The former slaves in Essos now enjoy more rights than the common folk of Westeros.  That is a giant, positive change brought on by Dany.  She took these people from slavery to freedom.  We are talking millions of people that now enjoy freedom because of Dany.  That is not subjective, it is fact.  Daenerys is the hero in ASOIAF.  Dany is the only one capable of bringing positive reform to Westeros.  Yeah, I also believe she will rule in the end.

6 minutes ago, Lame Lothar Frey said:

falcotron, you're ignoring the facts as pointed out by Moiraine.  The former slaves in Essos now enjoy more rights than the common folk of Westeros..

What facts?

Where do they tell us, or show us, that people can now own property?

And what other rights do they have that the people of Westeros don't? They seem to be subjects of an absolute monarch, with no recourse to judgment by any law but her whim, no say in their own governance except the chance to petition her, no guarantee of human rights, etc. The only right I can see that they have that Westerosi smallfolk don't is the right to sell themselves back into slavery for one year at a time.

Meanwhile, forgetting about rights, are their daily lives better? I mean, they asked to sell themselves back into slavery for a reason, not because they think slavery is neato-keen in principle. The prostitutes and beggars we see don't seem any better off than the ones in King's Landing, even the merchants (most of whom are former slavers, as far as we know) don't seem any better off than in KL, and there seem to be more people working (or, more likely, enslaved for a year at a time) as servants. And that's before the end of S5, when Dany disappears for a year and, in Varys's words, the entire system breaks down, and people are starving in the streets.

And then, at the end of S6, she just takes off, charging a council to invent a new system of government with no guidance.

I think the hard lessons that Dany learned in Meereen could serve her in good stead as Queen of Westeros, if she learns from them. But pretending that there weren't any hard lessons and her reign there was an unqualified success is delusional. All I can say is, I'm glad Dany isn't as delusional as some of her fans.

Archived