[Poll] How would you rate episode 706?

Ran

How would you rate episode 706?  

371 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

30 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I think I'm too irritated to vote. 

Right now I would vote this the lowest episode ever. Maybe after my foul mood has passed I will reconsider. 

This episode was full of BS. 

I gave it a 3, but I think I feel the same way as you. Maybe I shouldn't have voted at all. There were some kewl moments, but the rest was shit.

The CGI and presentation was good.

But if you go to a restaurant, the ambiance is good, the place is clean there is a good soothing music in the background...

And then they serve you shit..SHIT on a gold plate with gold forks and knives. NO..

You do not eat it regardless of how good it was presented..

This is the show now. All looks and no substance.

4/10.

The penultimate episode is supposed to be the best.. this was the weakest second last episode.

6 minutes ago, robasp2 said:

The CGI and presentation was good.

But if you go to a restaurant, the ambiance is good, the place is clean there is a good soothing music in the background...

And then they serve you shit..SHIT on a gold plate with gold forks and knives. NO..

You do not eat it regardless of how good it was presented..

This is the show now. All looks and no substance.

4/10.

The penultimate episode is supposed to be the best.. this was the weakest second last episode.

WTF!

That's like saying,

I went to the restaurant, I ate the best food but the cooks and waiters were chasing me with knives. 

Uuuuuuuggggghhhh.

This whole season is like getting a really nice sandwich and finding Benioff and Weiss' pubes on it. So much good but the writing is so bad at times. Painfully bad. Goodness gracious.

There is no more clear evidence of GRRM's greatness than watching someone else try to finish writing this thing without him.

That said, it's fun. Probably not great anymore. But fun. The bad writing cuts this score in half for me. To the extent I enjoy it, I hate it. It's a 5.

Edited by Ser Not Appearing

3, definitely the worst episode.

I was spoiled going into it which had me prepared for the lack of logic, but even still, wow this show got so weird so fast. The whole shoehorned plot of catching an undead specimen to force a really contrived situation was crude, and really takes a lot of suspension of disbelief. To go on such a risky quest to get something to convince CERSEI of all people is preposterous. The writers clearly wanted Night King to have a dragon going into the final war, and clearly wanted all these characters to interact in the same group, which while they have a lot of interesting connections, comes across as super fan fictiony and contrived. Even Benjen showing up to be killed was extremely lame. 

The show can still have great scenes as earlier episodes in this season proved, but this was definitely a serious two episode rough patch which just feels weird so late in the game and involving such main characters and decisions... Dany now has one less of her children and the NK's army is bolstered for the silliest plan thats just going to involve walking into a trap of cerseis making it an utterly irrelevant trip, aside from Dany knowing they're real.

2 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

This is the first episode of GoT that didn't make me thirsty for more episodes of GoT.  

I still want to know what happens but I feel you. This is probably the the first episode I got this upset watching and actively wanted it to stop. 

5. There was some good stuff, but as lenient as I've been on how fast people get around, this episode was simply just too ridiculous. Gendry to the Wall, raven to Dragonstone, Dany to the rescue in what seems to be a day (maybe even being generous there tbh). It was like trying to fit 10 pounds of shit into a 5 pound bag. I won't even bother with the ice. Or the fucking chains, which was completely over the top. Just have the dragon crash on land instead when it dies. Outside of some good action and some of the dialogue north of the Wall, this was probably one of the worst episodes of this show, IMO.