[Poll] How would you rate episode 706?

Ran

How would you rate episode 706?  

371 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

14 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

THE BEST VIDEO SUMMATION FOR THIS THREAD!

According to the POLL in this thread 43% of respondents voted this episode 5 or lower!

What astonishes me is HOW can almost half of all respondents be voting in that low region while the other half voted 6+?  How is this possible?

I voted "2".  It was the worst episode in not just season 7 but in ALL RECENT MEMORY.  Not just for time-traveling ravens and chains from nowhere, but for actual real reasons like IT SUCKED and was almost 100% fan-service.

Fan service is what gets ratings, and ultimately money.

7 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

But I barely saw Dany drop a tear??

She didn't cry when Drogo and her baby died either, did she?

You could see the pain in her face and eyes, a look I don't think I've seen on her face before.  Still not saying she's a great actress.

5 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

She didn't cry when Drogo and her baby died either, did she?

You could see the pain in her face and eyes, a look I don't think I've seen on her face before.  Still not saying she's a great actress.

It bothered me that she was more concerned about Jon. Yes, she was affected, not saying he wasn't, but she should have cried, IMO. The dragons were her children.

22 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

My most logical reason is that the sisters are baiting LF to commit a convictable treason, and it is less likely to happen if Brienne is afoot.  Specifically, I think Arya is entrapping LF to recruit her to kill Sansa and take her place using her face.  Brienne's absence leaves the pathway to that end more open.

I considered that seriously, but if they're in cahoots, why the private threat to cut off Sansa's face?  I can quite possibly see Arya plotting that on her own though, now that she does seem to believe Sansa about the letter (even though she called he stupid for it).

Just now, Meera of Tarth said:

It bothered me that she was more concerned about Jon. Yes, she was affected, not saying he wasn't, but she should have cried, IMO. The dragons were her children.

I didn't think she was more concerned about Jon, there was just nothing she could do for Viseyrion, but she could do something for Jon. 

12 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

I considered that seriously, but if they're in cahoots, why the private threat to cut off Sansa's face?  I can quite possibly see Arya plotting that on her own though, now that she does seem to believe Sansa about the letter (even though she called he stupid for it).

I'm being redundent as I've posted it before, so apologies to others.  In order to trap Littlefinger into persuading Arya to betray Sansa, he needs a carrot, a way for her to do it without interference, and a means for her to get away with it.

The carrot:  Arya's displayed angst and mistrust toward Sansa.  Mistrust that was expressed in strong, nearly violent terms.  LF can sell it as killing off a betrayer of Starks for the good of the family and the North.

How to get away with it:  By wearing Sansa's face after the murder.   She couldn't have murdered Sansa if Sansa is right here standing in front of you, right?  LF would also have a more cunning and brutal partner in Arya-as-Sansa, right? The purpose of the faces thing with Sansa wasn't to scare Sansa, it was to offer to LF that there is a means to get away with it.  Remember that everything said gets back to him.

Interference: Brienne fought Arya to a draw.  If the plan backfires and Sansa lives, LF is dead.  Sansa excused Brienne from WF to give LF confidence that there would be no interference from Brienne when he seduces Arya to kill Sansa.  This is also what clues me that Sansa is part of the sting, not just Arya acting independently.

Now with the dagger, I believe she just did that as a reassuring gesture to Sansa, reminding her that they are just playing a game and Arya is acting out well enough to actually scare Sansa.  note that all of Arya's words would make it back to LF from beyond that closed door, but the silent visual of handing her the blade would not.

Edited by Illiterati

It is turning in any other tv show, it is a little predictable, the facts are going unrealstic with non very believable rescues. The thnk about all game of thrones universe (includng the books) is that the facts that happened were acording to what a given character was doing, now we know who is going to survive no matter what, they can move the time however they want in order to keep the story like they want it to be (like any other tv show).

On the other hand, it is still really entretaning for people ho watches the shop jus to have a good time. For example I said to my wife, who is not an ASOIAF nerd like me, that I would have prefered Jon to die in a heroic way when he went under the water because it would have been more believable, however she answered me that she had enough with the dead protagonists and gave me this look <_<. So yes its been disapointing for me, but it actually keeps me entretained and I will look the final episode, and millions of fans are ok with the show because at the end of the day it is fiction and not everything has to be believable....

Although I really hate the Sansa and Arya thing right now

50 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

I'm being redundent as I've posted it before, so apologies to others.  In order to trap Littlefinger into persuading Arya to betray Sansa, he needs a carrot, a way for her to do it without interference, and a means for her to get away with it.

The carrot:  Arya's displayed angst and mistrust toward Sansa.  Mistrust that was expressed in strong, nearly violent terms.  LF can sell it as killing off a betrayer of Starks for the good of the family and the North.

How to get away with it:  By wearing Sansa's face after the murder.   She couldn't have murdered Sansa if Sansa is right here standing in front of you, right?  LF would also have a more cunning and brutal partner in Arya-as-Sansa, right? The purpose of the faces thing with Sansa wasn't to scare Sansa, it was to offer to LF that there is a means to get away with it.  Remember that everything said gets back to him.

Interference: Brienne fought Arya to a draw.  If the plan backfires and Sansa lives, LF is dead.  Sansa excused Brienne from WF to give LF confidence that there would be no interference from Brienne when he seduces Arya to kill Sansa.  This is also what clues me that Sansa is part of the sting, not just Arya acting independently.

Now with the dagger, I believe she just did that as a reassuring gesture to Sansa, reminding her that they are just playing a game and Arya is acting out well enough to actually scare Sansa.  note that all of Arya's words would make it back to LF from beyond that closed door, but the silent visual of handing her the blade would not.

I sure hope this is what is going on. If not I think I might cry. 

52 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

Wow, you would make a good Sherlock Holmes (the robert downey jr one).  I did consider a spy listening outside the door (the handmaid), but the fact that Sansa looked shaken to her core is what made me dismiss the idea of them plotting together (I was actually expecting that).  But, you are right, just being reminded of what Arya is capable of would be enough to scare anyone.  I did interpret Arya handing the dagger over to Sansa as a reassuring or reconciliatory gesture, but as in "I believe you, I don't mistrust you anymore", believing that their earlier argument was real and then Arya was taunting Sansa to see how she would react first.  Your theory is very good, and I hope you are right!  :D  I want to like Arya again, for one thing.

4 hours ago, Illiterati said:

I think this is a really good theory (is it a theory? Is there another term I'm not getting?)!

3 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

Wow, you would make a good Sherlock Holmes (the robert downey jr one).  I did consider a spy listening outside the door (the handmaid), but the fact that Sansa looked shaken to her core is what made me dismiss the idea of them plotting together (I was actually expecting that).  But, you are right, just being reminded of what Arya is capable of would be enough to scare anyone.  I did interpret Arya handing the dagger over to Sansa as a reassuring or reconciliatory gesture, but as in "I believe you, I don't mistrust you anymore", believing that their earlier argument was real and then Arya was taunting Sansa to see how she would react first.  Your theory is very good, and I hope you are right!  :D  I want to like Arya again, for one thing.

The fact you don't like Arya now is treason. You either bend the knee the the Assassin Queen, or die standing :D True Arya fans will stick with her to the end. Death to the Traitors!

3 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

I agreed 100% with your reservation.  Until Sansa sent Brienne away.  Sansa isn't a murderer.  There is only one reason she would rationally do this, and that would be because she must be in concert with Arya.  I think the director is overplaying both Arya's aggressiveness and Sansa's fear to A: stoke emotional response in viewers and B: throw doubt over who is playing whom.  Both of those are audience-facing devices, and the game could have been better portrayed with more subtelty imo.

That is, even if the game is as I think it is....

PS the faces convo happened after she sent Brienne away.

29 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

I consider it more an interpretation of events, or maybe a prediction.  I like GoT theories to be bigger picture, like Bran as NK.

That's a pretty good word for it. Interpretation. 

Wait Bran as NK? I need to see this theory.

See I just watch the show and make guesses about what I see.

Everyone with their theories and interpretations makes me feel vastly inferior. :laugh:

Edited by Pandean

8 hours ago, Darkstream said:

Well, I don't even know what to say. At this point, criticizing this show is like a grown man beating up a new born baby. I will not be voting this week, as the lowest possible vote is a one, and there is no way in Seven hells that I am going to up-vote this pathetic episode to a one.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to post the poll results, as I am curious to see how many of the people who are constantly calling others that give the show a low score trolls, gave this episode a ten.

Oh come on Darkstream, if you can manage to not use any of your Critical faculties at all, and like to see more sharks jumped than a Sharknado movie then this episode was awesome. However, If you like characters dialogue and actions to make any sense at all, as well as a coherent plot, then this episode is probably not even worth rating! Ahh, that's what you said, basically.:D

6 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

Oh come on Darkstream, if you can manage to not use any of your Critical faculties at all, and like to see more sharks jumped than a Sharknado movie then this episode was awesome. However, If you like characters dialogue and actions to make any sense at all, as well as a coherent plot, then this episode is probably not even worth rating! Ahh, that's what you said, basically.:D

I voted 9, so come at me, bro. And we're leading atm. :)

1 hour ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

The fact you don't like Arya now is treason. You either bend the knee the the Assassin Queen, or die standing :D True Arya fans will stick with her to the end. Death to the Traitors!

LOL!!!  I love my husband, but I can tell ya, sometimes I don't like him!  I'm still pulling for Arya and all of House Stark!

1 hour ago, Illiterati said:

I agreed 100% with your reservation.  Until Sansa sent Brienne away.  Sansa isn't a murderer.  There is only one reason she would rationally do this, and that would be because she must be in concert with Arya.  I think the director is overplaying both Arya's aggressiveness and Sansa's fear to A: stoke emotional response in viewers and B: throw doubt over who is playing whom.  Both of those are audience-facing devices, and the game could have been better portrayed with more subtelty imo.

That is, even if the game is as I think it is....

PS the faces convo happened after she sent Brienne away.

There is another very good interpretation of what is going on with the sisters in 'Why Did Arya Give the Dagger to Sansa'.  Have you seen it?  It runs more in line with where I was heading.  I would be happy for either scenario to play out, just as long as the Stark kids stick together in the end.

I always remember a review of the Matrix Revolutions when a critic talked about the great visuals, which was so much sound and fury signifying nothing, as it was in the service of a plot so banal.

This season, even the show itself, has been damaged by basic flaws in the writing in terms of the structure. The characters do what the plot demands so that D&D can arrive at their "awesome" moments.

Putting that aside and viewing the episode in isolation it has decent dialogue, mostly good acting, good action and excellent special effects. It feels so empty to many though as it is all part of the nonsensical quest D&D have sent them on.

In isolation I voted a 9, but it was probably more like an 8, but I understand those who are voted around the 5s. 

I do think however that people tend to attribute anything they do not understand to the show runners being stupid. 

An example of which is the fact that show Westeros is smaller than book Westeros. Which they tell you in S1E1.