Ran

7 minutes ago, FireWinds said:

It's a random wilding, you can see a group of them leaving with the magnificent seven. 

The magnificent seven are: 

Gendry (run Gendry Run!) 

The Hound 

Jorah Mormont

Thoros of Myr

Beric Dondarrion

Tormund

Jon Snow 

Only Thoros dies. 

Leaving with them from the Wall or after the bear attack? Lol, how little I focus on extras...

The main doubt is cleared though, thank you very much FireWinds.

12 hours ago, Kingmonkey said:

A lot of people seem to hate the capture-a-zombie scheme. Fair enough, if you don't like it, you don't like it.

I'm curious though -- do people think this is going to be a show-only plotline? Are they going to be angry about it if it shows up in the books too? 'Cos I'm pretty convinced it will do.

Everyone did notice that Jon Snow just travelled through the icy wastelands to the ancient centre of power of the Children, where they first created the WW, right? With 12 companions, a dog, a horse and a sword? Jon is fulfilling the Last Hero role, Dany the Azor Ahai role -- the champions of Ice and of Fire. 

There is zero, and I mean zero chance it plays out anything like this. 

First of all at the core of the problem is that it is to convince Cersei, and not just that, that it was proposed by Tyrion. Wont happen, GRRM knows his characters. This is the core of why people don't like this plan, if it was a great plan for a good reason, the fan fiction team, bending of time etc. wouldn't be so grating.

Second the plan would be carried out better, they would have horses, supplies. If Jon went the plan would be solid enough that it would be believable that he(if he's the king in the north) would join, and theres pretty much no chance a lot of these other characters would join.

Even if it were to be set up nearly the same way, the events beyond the wall won't involve finding a patrolling WW, killing them, having all but one wight die, securing it, then being attacked and forced onto a stone in a frozen lake. D&D confirm its their own invention.

And even if all the stuff beyond the wall happens, George respects time in his world and would not have Gendry get to the wall, send a raven, have it get to Dany to save the Day, and throw away Colhands as the cherry on top.

Again, to be clear the idea of getting proof for the realm is a fine idea, totally possible book material but the execution would be unrecognizable. The characters not acting like themselves, fan service, teleporting, and contrived plot just all overlap in this one case.

Edited by kevinbgwrites

So what does everyone think happens in the season finale? It's supposed to be an 81 minute episode so I'm guessing a lot is going to happen. White Walkers I assume FINALLY make it to the wall. Do they make it past the wall? Does one of Arya/Sansa/Littlefinger die? What happens with that big ass meeting in Kings Landing? 

18 minutes ago, BradDoty08 said:

So what does everyone think happens in the season finale? It's supposed to be an 81 minute episode so I'm guessing a lot is going to happen. White Walkers I assume FINALLY make it to the wall. Do they make it past the wall? Does one of Arya/Sansa/Littlefinger die? What happens with that big ass meeting in Kings Landing? 

Not really the place to discuss the next episode. Besides, prediction threads are notorious for people dropping production leaks.  

Probably a good idea to avoid them. 

4 minutes ago, Iona said:

Not going into the muddy area of predicting-and-stuff, but could someone confirm if we had one single scene in this episode with Arya and Littlefinger both in it? :blink:

Episode 5 when she was listening in on him talking to the maester about finding the note. And then Littlefinger watching Arya leave his room. 

6 hours ago, hallam said:

The number of people who think that they can make themselves look big by running the episode down is ridiculous.

Don't like it, don't watch. If I wanted high culture, I would go to Beyreuth. This has always been a silly program with dragons and swords and that is what I like.

As for plots being unbelievable because character 'would not do that', well yes they do in real life. 

"It's ridiculous when people have a different opinion than me"

1 hour ago, Iona said:

Not going into the muddy area of predicting-and-stuff, but could someone confirm if we had one single scene in this episode with Arya and Littlefinger both in it? :blink:

This gives me even more confidence that Arya is playing him.  He's getting his own medicine.  Most of what he's done has been dropping words that influence others, and he is nowhere near the shit when it hits the fan, Lysa a dramatic exception.  The fact that you don't SEE LF strengthens my belief that she is playing to him.

I really liked the episode. I was spoiled that the dragon would die but it was still an intense episode. So many great moments

One thing I noticed is that I really like thoros and Beric and kinda wish we saw them more throughout the series

also I think the side story with arya Sansa and little finger just feels a little pointless right now. Anyone else agree that it just feels way too insignificant and in the way of the main story right now? Not that it's dumb it's just that it seems unneccessary. Hopefully it has a some kind of big impact so that it matters

another amazing episode though. Can't complain. This episode had it all

My issue is not with the series as is but with the fact that the series is only what it is because GRRM hasn't finished the damn books. 

Not a writer, respect the process, but the idea that this is what we would have if the books were done and released (or something close) is ridiculous.  The lack of source material is what is wrong.

That said - I am happy to watch every week because I still care about the characters and story and can't get bogged down with poor writing and time contraction - they are ending this next season and need to compress.

James

25 minutes ago, jbilgihan said:

My issue is not with the series as is but with the fact that the series is only what it is because GRRM hasn't finished the damn books. 

Not a writer, respect the process, but the idea that this is what we would have if the books were done and released (or something close) is ridiculous.  The lack of source material is what is wrong.

That said - I am happy to watch every week because I still care about the characters and story and can't get bogged down with poor writing and time contraction - they are ending this next season and need to compress.

James

I don't understand. What's wrong with not having a source material? Don't they get a general idea for how things are from GRRM? 

Edited by Kingslayer96

I think last week was a little like that yeah. Lot of skipping forward. I think they did a better job this week with skipping forward and not making it feel rushed

I don't mind the pacing of this season to much though honestly. There's no more time or patience for this to drag on any further. It's season 7, the white walkers are coming, things have to start happening. We've had a lot of time to build up to this point. There isn't much left to develop. The war is about to happen and there wouldn't be a sense of urgency if the show were to keep taking its time

1 hour ago, Kingslayer96 said:

I don't understand. What's wrong with not having a source material? Don't they get a general idea for how things are from GRRM? 

Just like Cliffs notes there is no nuance, no depth.  That for me is the biggest casualty of the last few seasons.

james

22 hours ago, plectrum said:

It was a joke.  But yeah, honestly, I think if you're watching this show and getting hung up on the fact that it doesn't credibly depict the real life difficulties associated with hypothermia, you're probably just looking to complain about something (that's what the original comment was about).

this show that has established laws just like our real life, it's too easy a defense and too easy a let off for poor writing. It's utterly ridiculous but I'm not even bothered about Hypothermia, you could tell me it's due to his Resurrection or some other retcon and i'd be fine with it, what i do have a problem with is an army of the dead controlled by White Walkers tackling Jon through the Ice and then walking the hell away?! For no reason other than for Jon to resurface and proceed to spoonfeed us the shite-icing on the cake of Benjen's pointless deus ex machina save and tepid sacrifice. When your faced with these contrived moment one after the other after the other it's hard not to notice and lament it. I still enjoy the show, on an entertainment level it's top notch, but the show used to be better than the huge faults it's plagued with now, and there's absolutely no shame in bitching about it.