Ran

Just now, NikkiG said:

I guess I'm in the minority here but I don't hate Arya for calling out Sansa.  The sibling rivalry is the only way the show explores Sansa's inner monologue that she feels entitled to credit for winning The Battle of the Bastards and reclaiming Winterfell and deserving of the rule of Winterfell.  She pretends to be neutral but arguing with her sister brings her back down to the juvenile level of saying things out loud that she normally would not

Sansa does deserve some credit for the fact that Winterfell is back in Stark hands.  Jon wanted to go off "somewhere warm" and Sansa pushed him into fighting to reclaim Winterfell.   And yes, the Vale-lords did come for Sansa.  Sansa is also entitled by birth order to be the Lady of Winterfell if Bran abdicates, which he has; and that counts hugely in Westerosi succession.  And Jon has left Sansa in charge and (if I remember correctly) said that she is the Lady of Winterfell; after Sansa did not protest (and graciously accepted) Jon's being named King in the North.

Has Sansa been somewhat manipulative?  Yes.  Has she betrayed Jon, or the North?  No.  What I don't care for is Arya's harping on Sansa's pretty clothes and liking for nice things and fondness for 'knitting' and assumptions about Sansa's behavior without having witnessed it in context.  As I said, Arya remembers Sansa standing with the Lannisters in nice clothes and a nice hairdo when Ned was being dragged to his execution; but she doesn't remember Sansa screaming and struggling in the hands of a Kingsguard after Joffrey sentenced Ned to death.  Sansa had to watch Ned's head lopped off; while Yoren shielded Arya from that final horror.  

The problem is that Arya is treating Sansa like an enemy, not a sister.

Just now, Pandean said:

Sansa is level-headed even in a crisis thank the gods

some sanity here

Yeah, if anyone doubts who's being the non-jerk in those exchanges, imagine it the other way around.

Sansa: "Oh yeah, well you went on a cruise and stayed at a friend's house in Bravos until Jon was named King in the North!"

2 minutes ago, Tinker Tanner said:

Imo the Suicide Squad not taking dradonglass  North with them is some of the sloppiest writing I've seen in the show so far.

They didn't mention it but I'm pretty sure I saw some red shirts (red furs?) carrying spears with obsidian tips and I think Jorah has a dragonglass dagger.  

1 minute ago, plectrum said:

Yeah, if anyone doubts who's being the non-jerk in those exchanges, imagine it the other way around.

Sansa: "Oh yeah, well you went on a cruise and stayed at a friend's house in Bravos until Jon was named King in the North!"

Ten bucks says people will still say Sansa's the jerk