Ran

16 minutes ago, Pandean said:

You'd think with Game of Thrones they'd be pretty loaded

Definitely can't argue with that.  I think they cut down the episode count for more "OMG DRAGONZ" battle scenes though.  Don't get me wrong, I've loved the dragon battles, but it just seems so obviously calculated to make the show as profitable as possible for the final two seasons. I wish they'd just take a loss on the final two years and give the show the send off it deserves.

SUPER BAD EPISODE. 

Nobody watches GoT just to see predictable, commercial action...  Defiantly DoD is just ruining everything...

I wish we could sue them for all the time that we invested in the show that they ruined because their laziness, It is a con... you make somebody to love the show because your impeccable craft, attention for details , complex characters, unpredictable storyline, and then, now that you have your pockets full you just don't  care anymore... and write stuff without care and in a way that any high school kid could do a better job...

despicable  

4 minutes ago, plectrum said:

but it just seems so obviously calculated to make the show as profitable as possible for the final two seasons. I wish they'd just take a loss on the final two years and give the show the send off it deserves.

Thats what I am talking about... see my post. It feels like that was a big con.... a big scam..

Edited by King Louis II (KLII)

25 minutes ago, Ser Sinister said:

I'm not going to say it was the worst episode, but the story leading up to this episode has been near rock bottom. Exactly what was the point of taking a wight to King's Landing? Oh sure, Cersei is all of a sudden going to be the voice of reason when we show her what we found.

Perfect .  Because what this episode means,  and because of all the the preparation for this stupid plot, I will say THIS WAS THE WORST EPISODE OF THE WHOLE SERIES. 

4 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

Daenerys did finally have tears in her eyes when she was talking to Jon about what happened to Viserion.  Maybe the actress can't make herself cry.

Iain Glen is a good actor, and has the finest cheekbones in the show.

He really is an incredible actor and great at fight scenes. His fight scene with Milla Jovivich in the last Resident Evil movie was so much fun, he made that movie great with his religious zealot character and I was fangasming so hard during the truck fight (to be fair I'm a sucker for RE, including the movies). I always love him in GoT, he even made me really like book Jorah, even though I'd never thought much of him before. Thankfully he has the talent to carry Emilia through her scenes.

Yeah, I think we got a hint of emotion from her in the end. Those weren't actual tears, I could tell they'd either used that irritant that causes your eyes to get red and weepy (can't remember the name, once had someone threaten to use it on me when I was working though, ha ha) or just put drops in her eyes. Probably the latter. I was going to give her a pass on not being able to summon up some sads because I consider her a relatively inexperienced actress, but I worked with plenty of inexperienced young actors who could do it so I think it's really just down her her skills or lack thereof.

10 minutes ago, plectrum said:

Definitely can't argue with that.  I think they cut down the episode count for more "OMG DRAGONZ" battle scenes though.  Don't get me wrong, I've loved the dragon battles, but it just seems so obviously calculated to make the show as profitable as possible for the final two seasons. I wish they'd just take a loss on the final two years and give the show the send off it deserves.

'Shit, looks like we blew our budget on dragons....maybe we can do a few montages and a nonsensical Winterfell plot...they'll love that!"

9 minutes ago, Nymeria Stone said:

why did sansa send brienne away after all? makes no sense to me

I think to throw LF off his game

She played along when he suggested using Brienne against Arya

So then she sends Brienne away

Always keep your foes confused, y'know?

So I'm assuming that was Viseryon that got got?  Drogon is still alive and presumably Jon ends up riding Rheagal because foreshadowing.  Couldn't really tell and that whole battle scene was a gods damned mess.

2 minutes ago, Neue Regel said:

Sorry to cut to the chase but, there are 3 dragons. Danny is still on Drogon, Viserion is a wight. Where is the third, Rhaegal? Am I the only person who saw this that can count? A hypothesis would be fine but why am I the only person asking?

He was there. He cried out when Viserion got hit.

2 minutes ago, Neue Regel said:

Sorry to cut to the chase but, there are 3 dragons. Danny is still on Drogon, Viserion is a wight. Where is the third, Rhaegal? Am I the only person who saw this that can count? A hypothesis would be fine but why am I the only person asking?

I'm not following. They showed Rhaegal flying when Viserion went down. Maybe you're the only person asking because you're the only person that didn't see all three dragons for some reason. 

20 minutes ago, sarigis said:

hell it seemed like it was only one day that it took for a raven to get to dragonstone and then dany to get to john

Yeah,

I would have preferred if Dany had gone to the north to make it seem like less of a journey

With that said, I'm not sure how many days actually passed. I'd imagine 2-6 days

32 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Did you guys catch Ian Glenn's face when he was behind Dany on Drogon's back? It said everything: he was shocked, horrified, grieving for Dany. The gravity and enormity of the situation was written clear as day on his face. It was a superb piece of acting.

And then there's Emilia beside him, deadpan as ever.

At least for once it could be written off as complete shock that one of her children could die, although I'd assume Drogon's near death at the field of fire 2.0 might have clued her in.

:D

This was the worst penultimate episode, this is a filler/set up season, can't wait for S8. :P

Edited by TRILOGY

8 minutes ago, Pandean said:

I think to throw LF off his game

She played along when he suggested using Brienne against Arya

So then she sends Brienne away

Always keep your foes confused, y'know?

well, i get that, but I think it would be way smarter to keep someone as loyal and skilled very close to you.