Ran

15 minutes ago, nara said:

Arya was really pissing me off this episode...to the point where it won't bother me if Sansa kills her. Maybe they want to create a dramatic impact when she finally sees Jon again.  And by the way, what's preventing Arya from wearing nice clothes and getting a decent haircut? No doubt, Sansa can hook her up quickly.  (BTW, I was hoping we would finally see Arya with a good haircut and clothes that flatter her--poor Maisie has had no luck in costuming since Season 1.)

Jon: So....have you and your sister been getting along

Jon: Jon finds out everything that happened

Jon: WTF Arya WTF

I think Arya would rather be killed than wear nice clothes at this point. Which made her comment about wearing Sansa's stuff pretty funny.

2 hours ago, Pandean said:

The real reason Littlefinger is so wealthy: he makes and sells teleporters

I have wanted to "like" or LOL a lot of posts. They should have that function.  -  After the Lord of the Rings there was a book called Bored of the Rings. When they had their discussion in Rivendell, the Elrond character and his other lords said to the Frodo character "Your position is dire."/"Evil forces are pursuing you."/You leave at dawn."

7 minutes ago, Blood on the Saddle said:

I have wanted to "like" or LOL a lot of posts. They should have that function.  -  After the Lord of the Rings there was a book called Bored of the Rings. When they had their discussion in Rivendell, the Elrond character and his other lords said to the Frodo character "Your position is dire."/"Evil forces are pursuing you."/You leave at dawn."

I wish I could do that too.

I've actually never read LOTR.

1 hour ago, johndance said:

She seemed more in shock and disbelief... I bet we eventually get some tears 

Both dragons seemed affected Rhaegal just flew off he was so shook 

This makes me think that one of the little plot details that might be handled is: somehow they get some more dragon eggs (and before anyone says anything I'm not sure the dragons can't reproduce without sex, there are plants that do it, it is called parthenogenesis) That might make Dany happy

1 hour ago, plectrum said:

I agree.  They're doing something weird here.  Everyone except for Jon and Sansa is getting more repulsive by the minute.

I feel sure that Arya has some derring-do ahead of her. I don't exactly see her as taking Thoros' place in the Mag 7, but if they have a war against Cersei (surely they will) - Arya has to be the one to kill her

1 hour ago, Daendrew said:

I was mercilessly mocked for it in 2015 but here we are.

IceBrandon has come.

And you'll be mocked in 2017 as well, as nothing in your ridiculous IceBrandon theories has come to pass. There isn't an ice dragon on the show named Winter, is there? Nope, didn't think so...

1 hour ago, Raksha 2014 said:

Daenerys did finally have tears in her eyes when she was talking to Jon about what happened to Viserion.  Maybe the actress can't make herself cry.

Iain Glen is a good actor, and has the finest cheekbones in the show.

Cosign the cheekbones. Some people complain about his accent but to me he has the nicest sounding voice on the show...except for (think about it) Roose Bolton

So I was spoiled going into it which had me prepared for the lack of logic, but even still, wow this show got so weird so fast. The whole shoehorned plot of catching an undead specimen to force a really contrived situation was crude, and really takes a lot of suspension of disbelief. To go on such a risky quest to get something to convince CERSEI of all people is preposterous. The writers clearly wanted Night King to have a dragon going into the final war, and clearly wanted all these characters to interact in the same group, which while they have a lot of interesting connections, comes across as super fan fictiony and contrived. Even Benjen showing up to be killed was extremely lame. 

The show can still have great scenes as earlier episodes in this season proved, but this was definitely a serious two episode rough patch which just feels weird so late in the game and involving such main characters and decisions... Dany now has one less of her children and the NK's army is bolstered for the silliest plan thats just going to involve walking into a trap of cerseis making it an utterly irrelevant trip, aside from Dany knowing they're real.

3 hours ago, plectrum said:

What???? There's only one more season of vice principals???  Sorry, I realize that's completely unrelated to GoT, but I just saw the preview and I am disappointed.

It was always meant to be two seasons.  I just hope my prediction on who shot Kenny Powers is right.

1 hour ago, Pandean said:

'Shit, looks like we blew our budget on dragons....maybe we can do a few montages and a nonsensical Winterfell plot...they'll love that!"

They will do the direwolves in one episode/battle. There will be dragons and direwolves on screen together at last. Nymeria will come to Arya's rescue with her whole pack there and Ghost will do something too

Just now, Blood on the Saddle said:

They will do the direwolves in one episode/battle. There will be dragons and direwolves on screen together at last. Nymeria will come to Arya's rescue with her whole pack there and Ghost will do something too

Poor ghost has ghosted GoT

Though I've been conflicted by the storytelling and the way some characters have been written this season, I've still been captivated and found myself on the edge of my seat more than once. This episode was no exception. I really enjoyed the dialogue between the different members of the Westerosi Suicide Squad. I think the Stark sibling squabble is just a front to lure in Littlefinger, action scenes were great, the Ice Dragon at the end was cool and terrifying (the White Walkers have what they need to bring down the wall), Benjen to the rescue, and the set pieces. Good episode overall.

16 minutes ago, HellasLEAF said:

I think without the ramp up in teleporting we would be looking at a 9th season.

Not that I would be complaining.  

I agree. And I'm not sure the fillers to accommodate the travel time would be well received. I wouldn't complain either, but I'm guessing most viewers would.