Ran

This episode underlined my policy to "just enjoy it for what it is". It's nothing like the first couple of seasons at this point, but whatever - until someone else bothers making a big-budget fantasy series I'll just enjoy the wrap-up season of Game of Thrones. I've seen to much of the story to now suddenly stop watching.

I suppose they wanted the dragon's death to be a major issue, but we've seen this guy do what? Sit around in a dungeon, do one fly-by over Mereen, and well... what else? That's no way to build a connection. It turned into a total 'meh' situation, not helped by the painfully obvious foreshadowing with... the... slow... panning.... of ... the ... camera... come on!

Things I want to see in the final episode:

- Euron and Yara situation resolved.
- Greyworm return.
- Resolution to the Bank and Golden Company story.
- Anything at Winterfell.
- Arya to face-change into the meeting with Cersei... but as which character?!

2 hours ago, Monster_Under_the_Bed said:

She is scary and unhinged. Her mistake was in letting Sansa and LF know who/what she is. She also doesn't have any protectors other than Brienne who has been deliberately sent away. The northern army and the Vale knights are loyal to Sansa so unless Arya can kill off 20K men, one by one, she's in a bit of trouble. 

She could kill Sansa without anyone being able to prove it was her. She just has a wear a mask, and be "seen" escaping the scene of the crime. And bam, the murder is gone forever.

5 hours ago, DominusNovus said:

I won't say this was their worst episode ever, but it certainly was the most predictable.  I spent most of the episode calling the action right before it happens.

I agree. It wasn't a great episode. It was alright. Why didn't any of the dragons just burn the Night King? lol Could've ended the threat of the White Walkers right then and there. 

Also thought Arya was incredibly annoying. I hope there's more to her story other than she's really that stupid to believe Sansa had any choice. Oh, I guess she should've just died instead of doing Cersi's deeds which would've solved nothing.

And Dany hasn't allowed anyone to love her like Jorah or Dario but all of a sudden she's now in love with him when he's "the smallest" or whatever it was she said. 

Why did Jon go running out to kill more wights after Drogon had already landed? lol Why not jump on the back of Drogon and fly away to safety? Did he think he was going to kill all 100,000 wights?

Edited by BradDoty08

Does anyone noticed that the only reason it was Thoros that died, instead of any other person, was that if someone else died, he could revive him? They just wanted him out of the picture, so they figured out some lame ass zombie bear. I cannot believe how this series became a completely unwatchable crap. It is written by idiots, about idiots, for idiots. I am out.

In my view, Arya is testing Sansa and LF. She is playing LF by letting him see her following him and she is provoking Sansa to test for a reaction. Last time she saw Sansa, they were quarreling (Mycah, Lady, Joffrey, everything...) and so right now, she does not know, what kind of person Sansa has become. So she tests her and waits for her reaction. I guess LF will try to kill her somehow (though he needs somebody to do this for him, can't see him with bloody hands) and so she will kill him, but Sansa will stick with her and prove her loyalty and so next episode, they can start forming a team.

At least I hope so...

4 hours ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

She could kill Sansa without anyone being able to prove it was her. She just has a wear a mask, and be "seen" escaping the scene of the crime. And bam, the murder is gone forever.

Well, but that's exactly what Sansa is aware of now. That her sister is a deadly threat. I think it's obvious at this point that one of them has to die.

31 minutes ago, Monster_Under_the_Bed said:

Well, but that's exactly what Sansa is aware of now. That her sister is a deadly threat. I think it's obvious at this point that one of them has to die.

I don't think that will be the case. Maybe Little-finger will try to poison Arya and she'll realise it. Since she's trained to be a Faceless man, she's been trained to detect poison's, etc. I think before Sansa and Arya have their climactic showdown, LF will make a mistake and they will turn on him.

I really think Bran would step in before one kills the other.

The number of people who think that they can make themselves look big by running the episode down is ridiculous.

Don't like it, don't watch. If I wanted high culture, I would go to Beyreuth. This has always been a silly program with dragons and swords and that is what I like.

As for plots being unbelievable because character 'would not do that', well yes they do in real life. 

For once, being hearing impaired was actually helpful in understanding the show. 
When the dragon got hit by the giant ice spear the subtitles were kind enough to tell me it was Viserion that was crying out in pain. It confused me at first that no one knew which dragon bit the dust... but I guess no one really verbalized what happened in the heat of the moment- and no one else is watching with subtitles. 

With that said... I loved the episode besides the cringe worthy scenes with Sansa and Arya.... but the pacing this season is just so bad. As much as I liked the suicide squad talking at the beginning of the episode it felt like very artificial character development all just crunched together before the crazy went down. If the writers would have let the story develop more naturally without people teleporting from place to place they could have easily got an extra season. As much as I like Dragons and exciting plot twists--- my favorite part of the show was always the complex web of characters and how they interacted and felt towards one another. 

As much as I liked seeing the Seven Snowmen interacting with each other, it all seemed very artificial and forced. Also, my inner grandmother just kept thinking, "why aren't these boys covering their heads in the middle of a frikkin winter??" However, Tormund and the Hound deserve extra credit, I loved them in every scene. (And I'm so relieved that Tormund got saved in the end, I swear my heart skipped a beat or two for him.)

Gendry sure knows how to run. Seems like the lad has more than one superpower. Then there's the dragon ex machina (and the not quite so impressive Benjen ex machina). I think enough has been said about that so I'm just going to insert and eye roll right about *here* and say that otherwise a scene with flying and fire breathing dragons is always cool to watch. And of course... we finally got our long waited ice dragon! Goodbye Viserion, and hello ViCerion (forced laughing).

What happened between Dany and Jon in the ship was like watching fanfiction come alive. Seriously? Now they are suddenly all "I think I'm in love with this person"? D&D, you've obviously grown up watching too many Disney films. It's kind of funny how in this episode Dany managed to go from "I don't care about discussing my successor" to looking at Jon with a full on "omg I'm kinda wet rn wanna make babies" face. Also, Jon calling her "Dany", wtf? This was so unexpected, unnecessary and unbelievably ridiculous. Again, something from a fanfic, not a TV show. This scene just made me downright angry. Not even disappointed, just plain angry.

Winterfell was also agonising to watch. When does this forced tension between the Stark kids end? Can someone just off Littlefinger already? I do hope that in truth Arya and Sansa are playing LF using his own plot against him. And it would be cool if that included Arya using faces of some of the people in Winterfell to stay one step ahead of him. I also can't wait to see what purpose Brienne will serve once she reaches King's Landing. Hopefully she finally drives Jaime away from Cersei. But I'm also afraid for her life, Cersei might not be so happy to see her at her doorstep...

Edited by Aderyn

Just a question, since I haven't rewatched (nor read the whole thread):

When the bear appears, is it a random wildling running back from it? Or one of our seven boys? I couldn't figure who of the seven ones it was. Shortly, some extra wildlings appeared to be walking with the group, to be killed soon after. Or is it the very same one that got eaten by the bear?

1 minute ago, Baltan said:

Just a question, since I haven't rewatched (nor read the whole thread):

When the bear appears, is it a random wildling running back from it? Or one of our seven boys? I couldn't figure who of the seven ones it was. Shortly, some extra wildlings appeared to be walking with the group, to be killed soon after. Or is it the very same one that got eaten by the bear?

It's a random wilding, you can see a group of them leaving with the magnificent seven. 

The magnificent seven are: 

Gendry (run Gendry Run!) 

The Hound 

Jorah Mormont

Thoros of Myr

Beric Dondarrion

Tormund

Jon Snow 

Only Thoros dies.