Ran

Just now, HellasLEAF said:

Not really feeling this as well.  Disappointing bit in an otherwise highly entertaining episode.  Jam packed with moments and good dialogue.  

It's been downhill for Arya since Brienne fight..

I don't mind the episode but Arya clearly is showing some mental problems

3 minutes ago, Pandean said:

No wonder Sansa looks terrified of Arya. Anyone remember how her last husband flayed people for fun?

Sansa is showing huge restraint in not having Arya imprisoned and/or beheaded for threatening to kill the Lady of Winterfell.  Arya apparently thinks it's okay to psychologically and physically threaten your sister.  Ned would be so proud of her - not!

1 minute ago, Pandean said:

No. No. No.

Jon do not bend the fucking knee.

No.

The season would be pretty good if half the characters arcs weren't completely butchered.

I pretty much agree.  This has been the fastest paced season, and it isn't even close.  If they didn't throw the characters overboard to get here, it would be amazing.  I can't think it's an accident though.  They're setting something up for either the season finale, or for the final season.  It's just that they have to cram that subplot in between dragon battles, so it's really hamfisted.

Or so I keep telling myself.

Just now, Raksha 2014 said:

Sansa is showing huge restraint in not having Arya imprisoned and/or beheaded for threatening to kill the Lady of Winterfell.  Arya apparently thinks it's okay to psychologically and physically threaten your sister.  Ned would be so proud of her - not!

Sansa is definitely the one who should be ruling Winterfell. I remember earlier in the season some people said Arya would've been a better ruler. 

Ned would cry if he saw how Arya was treating her sister now.

1 minute ago, plectrum said:

I pretty much agree.  This has been the fastest paced season, and it isn't even close.  If they didn't throw the characters overboard to get here, it would be amazing.  I can't think it's an accident though.  They're setting something up for either the season finale, or for the final season.  It's just that they have to cram that subplot in between dragon battles, so it's really hamfisted.

Or so I keep telling myself.

"There's not enough story for 20 more episodes"

my ass

6 minutes ago, The Knight of Flours said:

Night's King: "Here are two massive chains I have hidden in my pocket"

Lol..

Apparently EVERY shot is weeks apart.

So we are asked to believe that the night king went on a search for sunken ships, retrived their anchor chains, came back and then pulled the dragon out.

Too much off screen that everything seems ridiculous.

I mentioned in a post last week that Arya is being written like she's still twelve, and now along with that she's being completely stripped of compassion as well. The fact that she doesn't even inquire as to what Sansa's referring to when she mentions how she suffered is a prime example of this.

I do think Maisie and Sophie did a good job with this scene, however. There were two spots in the argument where you could actually she Arya's resolve falter just a bit: when Sansa pointed out that Arya was present for Ned's death and yet didn't do any more than Sansa did to stop it, and when she was forced to realize that, for all her training, Arya didn't do anything to help recapture Winterfell (it also knocked her idolized perception of Jon down a peg when Sansa revealed that he wouldn't have won the battle without the Vale). Unfortunately, show-Arya is incapable of acting rationally at this point, so she just continues to angrily steamroll forward. It's even more mind-numbing when you consider that Sansa's letter didn't have much of an effect on anything: Robb ignored it, and Ned was still beheaded.

We're reminded once again that Sansa isn't trying to usurp Jon when she tells Littlefinger that she's afraid the northern lords will abandon Jon should they discover her letter, since their loyalty to her is the only thing keeping the fickle lords from abandoning Winterfell. The fact that she dismisses Brienne after LF hints at having Brienne kill Arya for her also indicates that she hasn't suddenly started trusting LF and that she doesn't want her sister killed. 

Unless it's revealed that Arya was listening just outside the door for all of this, then I honestly don't know why she hands Sansa the dagger, aside from being a way for the show to build suspense. Did she want to see if Sansa would try to stab her with it? Unfortunately, I don't think they're playing LF, at least not yet. Much like with the Talisa-spy theory, I think this is simply a nonsensical plot that doesn't have a clever explanation.

5 minutes ago, Risto said:

Wait a second... Which dragon was killed by the Night KIng? No one said it was Viserion, right? 

When it happened,I thought it was Rhaegal but Twitter is saying Viserion. So much for the dragon having three heads...Jon gets his daddy's dragon