[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

My favorite series of all time became predictable thrash.

we all witnesses the assassination of of the Arya and Tyrion characters.

beyond the wall plot became the artificial, predictable, comercial crap that GoT was the exactly opposite.

I think the only thing that we can do is not never watch their sequels or future successors ever again (because we already invested too much in these series).

PS: CAN ANYBODY TELL ME HOW DO YOU HAVE THIN ICE DURING WINTER BEYOND THE WALL???????

1 minute ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Why not just have Dany leave on her own shortly after the men do?

This is exactly what I thought would happen and would make so much more sense. I figured Dany would be overcome by a need to help them and would travel north on her own. 

This thread gives me life. I cannot say enough how annoyed I am at some stuff. The worst part is that I truly care for a lot of the characters, like Daenerys and Jon, so seeing them do such stupid and out-of-character decisions (like capture a zombie to convince  Cersei fucking Lannister to send her remaining 5 soldiers North) really hurts. 

On 8/20/2017 at 10:18 PM, teej6 said:

I don’t even want to talk about the Winterfell plot. Arya is gone fully blown cray cray and nearly frightens poor Sansa to death. And Sansa is like everyone should kneel and thank me for saving the North. Ugh, can it get any worse than this.  

Here is the jist of their conservation:

Arya: I don’t care if you were just a kid, a hostage, and they held a pistol to your head. You’re the worst.

Sansa: Nuh-uh, I’m the best thing to hit the North, since sliced bread. Everyone should kneel to me.

Terrible.

Despite noting most every criticism here, I enjoyed it. I think I've come to terms with the fact that this show will never equal the books so I just watch the show and accept it for what it is. As I said in a prior post, the show is pop corn and the books are a multi course meal. If and when GRRM decides to write the next book I'll read it and continue to enjoy them as I have. Until then I'll just watch the show, enjoy it, and try not to bitch so much.

Say what you want about the show. At least we know the show will be finished at some point. More than you can say about the books. 

1. NK can throw a spear 1000 yards and hit a moving target a hundred feet in the air....

NK apparently cannot throw a spear 300 yards to hit any of the like 10 people on a small island in a lake below him, including the stationary, much larger Dragon that is also carrying basically everyone that has any chance of stopping him south of the wall....Also despite it being shown repeatedly that proximity to a WW or the NK makes things colder, said NK doesn't just walk to the lake and refreeze it to get everyone killed.

2. Arya is supposed to be a nearly undetectable assassin..... She was caught snooping by LF disguised as Arya.... and blatantly threatens Sansa for no particular reason.... this Sansa/Arya fued plotline is Dorn-worthy. It's pretty unthinkable that somehow during the weeks, if not months Arya and Sansa has been home, that they wouldn't have had a sitdown explaining each of their stories to one another.

3. Daenarys just lost a dragon so that a bunch of people could go North of the Wall to capture a single zombie, all so that they can prove to Cersei that it's real, when Cersei is almost assuredly going to laugh at them and let them fight the Night King for her.... because she has zero chance in hell of winning otherwise.

Certainly entertaining...Game of Thrones, the great soapopera of this decade

Biggest issues....Gendry aka the Flash, and damn, I didn't realize "sending a raven" was like sending a text these days, and what, the dragons have GPS and supersonic speed?  Arya and Sansa drama, gods it's ridiculous, where's Bran telling these girls what's really happening?.....and of course, as I say every week, where's Ghost? dude can't catch a ride on Drogon? 

As Comic Book Guy would say, "Worst. Episode. Ever."

holy shit this is going to be a long rant. I'm so fucking angry. Unbelievable. 

Here goes

Winterfell

•Arya and Sansa dialogue a bit weak? Or rather delivered kind of lackluster
•LF is now Sanaa's most trusted ally. Lol. 
•Why are the northern lords all opportunistic rats? Pretty sure GRRM didn't write them that way. 
•You already abandoned her Brienne!
•Where's Bran? Gonna let his sisters kill each other when he could easily stop it eh?

Dragonstone

•The show is so bad at trying to show Jon and Dany apparently like each other (barf) that they keep having other characters remark on it 
•Dany being an arrogant cunt again , this time to Tyrion. Also , I like how now Drogo is a hero in Dany's book when he was a rapist a few episodes ago. Seems legit. 

Beyond the Wall

•Just how slow are the Others marching? Everyone else can teleport though. 
•I like how Gendry leaves out he let Mel strap him to the bed because she easily seduced him. I guess it makes sense to leave that out though for him lol. Understandable why he is at odds with Beric and his gang though. Surprised Jon didn't talk more about resurrection with Beric. Of course he never even did this in detail with Mel herself which was idiotic. I guess Jon just thinks he was sleeping and Mel woke him up with a magic haircut. 
•Are we going to go an entire season without seeing Ghost? Hey at least they mentioned him!
•Hound freezing up because of Fire. Does this show become erect at the thought of ruining character development?
•Why the actual fuck didn't they cut part of the bear off (say it's head or a foot) and go back? They got what they came for with only a few casualties and miraculously avoided the army of the dead. The stupidity my god.  
•Wait their plan was to take a LIVE wight? I can't even. Are they planning on starting a circus?
•Speaking of wights, how come that one (who bit the Hound's fingers) didn't explode like his counterparts when the Other was killed? seems awfully convenient. Of course he wasn't "converted" by the WW. The only one of that group who wasn't. Convenient. 
•How does Tormund expect Gendry to defend himself without the hammer?
•Their plan miraculously worked due to plot armor or something. And yet they tell only Gendry to run back despite having what they came for. Because....Australia. Do they all want to die?
•Mauled by a zombie ice bear? No problem? Somehow Thoros is the only one to freeze to death though despite being a red priest. Remember, Mel is almost always warm no matter where she is, at least when she's in her young form. I guess she learned that in R'Hollor Grad school, which Thoros obviously skipped. 
•Hilarious conveniently how the ice cracked like that. 
•Dany has to be the biggest idiot of all time. Why the fuck didn't she fly there in the first place with her and Jon's combined forces?
•The Hound was formerly the Ace Pitcher of the Westeros Yankees. Obviously not a Mensa member though. 
•How on earth did the ravens get to Dany fast enough for Dany to then rescue our band of popsicles? I don't care how fast the Ravens and the Dragons fly that was absurd. They don't even care about any semblance of logic or consistency now. 
•Dragons have internal GPS apparently. 
•Why on earth would Dany think there was any chance Jon survived? Maybe she realizes she's in a ridiculous show....
•That scene on the boat between Jon and Dany was sickening. Incest isn't romantic and these characters have no chemistry or connection based on what we've seen this season. Hey at least they didn't fuck. Yet. 
•"Dany". Hahahaha. Why would he suddenly call her that? What the actual fuck. 
•Hey they ruined Jon now too. Dany could have avoided all this trouble by flying the dragons north with an army if she listened to Jon. But hey she came and saved them after first sending them to die! Better bend the knee because that suddenly means she's not an arrogant cunt who has treated me like shit and has done nothing to earn any real loyalty or devotion. So much for worrying about betraying the North too eh Jon? 
•Viserion dying was awful. He was the nicest dragon too. 

Lots of little things that didn't make sense, then again, the whole premise of the wight hunt makes no sense, so... I knew Arya was a goner once she checked into Sandra's Hotel Winterhell (you can check out any time you like but you can never leave). I was surprised how sad I was at the death of Viserion, the animal who had more personality than most of the characters. (I did like the nod to Sandor and gingers, though. I'll take what I can get from this show.)

Archived