[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Why are the Northern lords such traitorous bastards?  More traitorous than anyone else?  They turned on the Starks.  Then elected Jon King.  Now in a heartbeat, they turned on him again and want Sansa.  I don't get what the letter has to do with anyone's allegiance to Jon though, since it's about Sansa being a traitor......so that makes no sense, but no surprise there

Yeah according to Sansa if the Northern Lords see the letter Jon will lose his army. Huh? Why would Sansa's betrayal cost Jon his army? Do these morons even read what they've written once they've completed the entire script?

Just now, Eddard Scissorhands said:

Oh and. NK chains anyone? Was there a heavy equipment warehouse in the vicinity? If he couldn't freeze the lake, I doubt he could make chains of ice.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. I guess the NK secretly pillaged Mance Rayder's camp after Stannis routed the wildlings. It's the only possible source of chains I can think of that could have existed north of the Wall.

10 minutes ago, Snormund said:

Yeah when you think about it why are they trying to work with Cersei? 

Also did they seriously not take dragonglass with them?

One more thing: The Nights King could have killed them all before the dragons came and didn't.

Actually I think they did have dragon glass, Jorah was fighting with it and I think the hound reached in his coat for a dragon glass hatchet

Just now, Corvinus said:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. I guess the NK secretly pillaged Mance Rayder's camp after Stannis routed the wildlings. It's the only possible source of chains I can think of that could have existed north of the Wall.

I doubt the wildings had some gigantic fine heavy duty forged high quality chains. But who knows!

11 minutes ago, Snormund said:

Also did they seriously not take dragonglass with them

They were fighting with dragonglass weapons.  They didn't mention it at all, but the red shirts had spears tipped with dragonglass, Jorah had some dg daggers, and Tormund had some dg axe looking thing.  

2 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I don't think those are real chains.  They look forged to me :P

3 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I can only hope that Sansa and Arya will manage to reconcile soon.  As of now, Arya, who was once almost the epitome of Stark-ness, is a danger to Winterfell.

Bran will do with Sansa and Arya what Cat threatened to do with Stannis and Renly, knock their heads together and tell them they are sisters. And all will be well. Psycho Arya will become normal again. 

Arya trying to play the game of faces with Sansa was puke. So glad Sansa didn't indulge her. 

Arya's having a fit because of a letter Sansa wrote years ago under duress in an effort to save her father and acts like her having a bag full of dead peoples faces isn't worth exploring/criticizing?

6 minutes ago, Snormund said:

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't understand why they didn't just take part of the bear back. 

I don't understand why dany didn't just fly up north way above the ground see the invading army of the deadites and voila

Just now, SerMixalot said:

I don't understand why dany didn't just fly up north way above the ground see the invading army of the deadites and voila

Exactly. 

There were honestly so many things to complain about this episode that even though I made a concerted effort to note dumb stuff (I was expecting a horrible episode) I still missed a bunch. 

8 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Why are the Northern lords such traitorous bastards?  More traitorous than anyone else?  They turned on the Starks.  Then elected Jon King.  Now in a heartbeat, they turned on him again and want Sansa.  I don't get what the letter has to do with anyone's allegiance to Jon though, since it's about Sansa being a traitor......so that makes no sense, but no surprise there

The northern lords are legit like an angry mob in The Simpsons. 

I can't get over Gendry's "I'm gonna go run across this vast tundra crawling with zombies! Here, hold my weapon, bro!" 

It's like Scary Movie in here. 

6 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I think the show has a serious problem portraying strong women.  They had Brienne, one of the most emotionally strong and compassionate women ever born in Westeros, torture the rapists before she killed them (whether or not they deserved it, it's not something Brienne would have done).  They had TV-Ellaria, who in the books was original enough in thought in word to speak up for not continuing an inter-generational revenge plot that could kill her daughters as it had her late lover, avenge her late lover by murdering his brother and nephew and nephew's fiancee.  They had the Waif, who, in the books was a teacher-sort-of-person (If I remember right), torment and then nearly kill Arya.  I'm not going to mention the wreck that was the TV-Sand Snakes.  And now Arya has turned on her sister and is threatening to kill her because Sansa isn't wearing a Jon Snow King in the North T-shirt or something?  

I can only hope that Sansa and Arya will manage to reconcile soon.  As of now, Arya, who was once almost the epitome of Stark-ness, is a danger to Winterfell.

I don't disagree with any of this. 

The show runners definitely struggle with portraying the strong female characters.. especially as the series has carried on.

1 minute ago, The Special Pug of Belfast said:

Arya trying to play the game of faces with Sansa was puke. So glad Sansa didn't indulge her. 

Arya's having a fit because of a letter Sansa wrote years ago under duress in an effort to save her father and acts like her having a bag full of dead peoples faces isn't worth exploring/criticizing?

I felt that Sansa, probably unconsciously, was taking on their mother's persona in dealing with Arya's weird behavior - I could just see a mother refusing to play Arya's game and asking her Where did you get those faces, young lady.

Looks like others have covered pretty much everything, still I have to vent:

1. I am not an expert on Ravenry, but I assumed it would take at least 2-3 days for a raven to reach Dragonstone from Eastwatch. But looks like this particular raven was equipped with Jetpacks that it made it in a couple of hours.

2. Dany had 3 dragons and the Night King and his bros where standing in the open. Why didn't she try and burn the NK?

3. NK could have shot Drogon first. Drogon was closer to the NK and he was sitting. Instead of shooting the stationary target NK went for Viscerion who was flying. Looks like the NK wanted to show off his skills.

4. Jon's incredibly thick plot-armor. That guy does the most stupid things and still makes it out without a scratch.

5. More Dick jocks.

6. I could not stand the winterfell scenes. This is even worse than a soap opera.

PS: I was afraid the boat-sex was going to happen. But at least I was spared that.

Archived