[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

1 minute ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I felt that Sansa, probably unconsciously, was taking on their mother's persona in dealing with Arya's weird behavior - I could just see a mother refusing to play Arya's game and asking her Where did you get those faces, young lady.

:lol: yes!

1 minute ago, Lockjaw of House Boltagon said:

I can't get over Gendry's "I'm gonna go run across this vast tundra crawling with zombies! Here, hold my weapon, bro!" 

Yup, all smith work and rowing gave city-boy, first-time-beyond-the-Wall Gendry the legs to run all those miles. 

3 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

Viseryion was underwater... if the wights were able to go underwater to chain the dragon to pull it up, why in the seven hells they would be stopped by thin ice????????

Because the rock our heroes were perched upon was clearly floating on the surface and the zombies wouldn't be able to reach it. 

Or something...

3 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

Viseryion was underwater... if the wights were able to go underwater to chain the dragon to pull it up, why in the seven hells they would be stopped by thin ice????????

Wondered the same thing. They left the ice lake to get those chains. Lake must have frozen over again. They made a hole and jumped in the water to put those chains around him. Man those wights are getting more handy with every wight episode.

Lets do some figuring here.  Were Jon and company less than a days march from Eastwatch?  Cause Gendry had to run all the way back, get the ravens to Dragonstone, and have Dany fly back all while Jon and Company sat on the rock of Gibraltar.  

oh and Jon should have sunk like Jack Dawson and the Heart of the Ocean

10 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I felt that Sansa, probably unconsciously, was taking on their mother's persona in dealing with Arya's weird behavior - I could just see a mother refusing to play Arya's game and asking her Where did you get those faces, young lady.

I love this 

15 minutes ago, Eddard Scissorhands said:

I doubt the wildings had some gigantic fine heavy duty forged high quality chains. But who knows!

Nope, they probably had State Farm. NK blinked and said the magic words, State Farm guy showed up with a bunch of chains from AAA.

25 minutes ago, nborders said:

If your rant doesn't start with CHAINS, then you're doing it wrong. 

They seriously had chains to pull the dragon out of the lake. 

miles of chains carrying around with them.  and they are all now so smart to be able to work like a team and drag a huge dragon out of a frozen water.  a HUGE dragon that is also frozen.  FROZEN inside the frozen water........... makes it 20 times heavier.  and did you see how huge those chain LINKS were?  Did we see CHAINS at Hardholme?  Was this a prophecy that the Night King was aware of and said "hey bring chains this time"? 

WHERE DID THEY GET/MAKE THE CHAINS?  They can't make them because fire destroys them.

Loose writing was the downfall of GOT HBO

I can imagine a dialogue between GRRM and D&D (for simplicity just having here as one person)

D&D: Hey George, why are you taking so long to finish these books?

GRRM: It is very difficult, because to make sense of all the story, to not have continuity flaws or plot holes... it takes time 

D&D: But, why do you care? people are stupid, they will buy whatever you write.,..

GRRM: I don't think my readers are so gullible....

D&D: I am sure that now that they spent over 10 years following you , they will read anything you write, do like us, we already made our money, now we are trying to finish as fast as we can so we can make more money with another project. The majority of our viewers are too stupid to see the difference!!

GRRM: I am a little bothered by that....

2 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

miles of chains carrying around with them.  and they are all now so smart to be able to work like a team and drag a huge dragon out of a frozen water.  a HUGE dragon that is also frozen.  FROZEN inside the frozen water........... makes it 20 times heavier.

under the same water that prevented the wights to kill Jon and company...

Yes apparently the laws of thermodynamics cease to exist in Westeros as any fool who fell into that lake is dead of hypothermia in 30 mins.

And Benjen shows up because reasons!  So tired of these 'epic escapes'  Jons in the water because ugh...maybe he is gonna die.  But we know he won't.  D&D don't have the balls to write that kind of storyline and dont make us care about characters they can kill off.

Member when no characters were safe (I member!--Member Sean Bean!!! YEAH!).

I was waffling on the Arya thing as I thought maybe arya was playing littlefinger into thinking he was playing arya.  But the whole confrontation just made no sense--she's all threatening and then gives Sansa the dagger? uh? ok?  This whole thing just fell flat.

Then the who succession thing seems like a setup for Jon taking the throne as a successor (I am of the opinion that Dany must die in order for lightbringer to be reforged in S8).  But it seems clumsy and out of place.

And then the bear?  Why?  I mean I like bears but this was just derpy.  We've only got limited time and I want those minutes back.  Didn't push the plot, didn't give us anything except a dead bear and a couple of redshirt deaths.

And official old man statement: DOES NO ONE WEAR A HAT IN THIS CONTINENT!!!! ITS WINTER FFS!!! ITS IN THE PROMO!!! WEAR A HAT!!

Archived