[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

Soooo.

Did people see the value of the show filming in 100 mph winds during "Winter"?  Did "Winter" look that much different from the rest of the North for the last 6 years?  

Does this seem like the final product was noticeably better?  

Noticeably better than rampant diarrhea?  not really

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

As I mentioned in my own rant, pretty much since Hardhome, the show has shown that normal weapons work, too. Which is disappointing. Even more so now, with that bear not immediately dying after it caught fire.

Similarly, Beric's and Thoros' flaming swords only set some of the Wights on fire, even though they are supposed to be highly flammable.  Even the dragonfire didn't spread wildly amongst the highly flammable Wights...  Yup, that made sense.

On second viewing, I also noticed that the dragons seemed focused on melting the ice rather than burning as much of the Night King's army as they could...  But, I guess that kind of move is to be expected from showrunners who thought it was logical to burn the loot train which was packed with food needed to feed the Dothraki and Unsullied armies.

most of the things were stated. Worst part is, that people would consider this episode as best of the whole series because of super epic cgi dragon death and ice dragon. Its just sad. What is the world coming to? 

9 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

:huh:  And yet, here you are commenting on a thread about an episode for a show you no longer watch?

To each their own, I guess. 

Just because I stopped watching doesn't mean I stopped caring about it.

I'm still interested in the show as clues of where the books are heading. For that I only need the show synopsis which I can get here.

9 hours ago, madscientist596 said:

Member when no characters were safe (I member!--Member Sean Bean!!! YEAH!).

No characters were safe?  That's not true. They are all safe up until they meet their scripted end. The only reason the early deaths were shocking and unusual was because we didn't yet know who the main characters were. We thought Ned was.  Then Robb.  

Keep in mind that D&D can't just kill characters Willy-Nilly.  Characters that survive until then end have to actually survive until the end. 

8 hours ago, madscientist596 said:

Lets mine all the Dragonglass but make sure WE DON'T TAKE ANY WITH US!!!

Rewatch the episode. They were using dragonglass weapons.  

My bad. I wasn't paying attention to what thread I was replying to.  

Pretty much everything has been covered already so I won't repeat it all but there was one thing extra that I spotted. Did anyone else notice that last time Beric ignited his sword, he didn't even cut his hand, he just squeezed the handle and here came the flames like a lightsaber with a power switch? He was in the Jedi igniting his lightsaber pose and everything, I wonder if he will vanish into an empty cloak when he dies?

1 hour ago, teej6 said:

Thanks for starting this thread! Really need it. 

Where do I begin. This show has literally gone to the dogs. Every time you think it can’t get any worse, they prove you wrong. This is going to be a long rant: 

So the merry band of seven go to the North without any dragonglass weapons? Wasn’t that the whole point of Jon going to Dragonstone? They even show them mining the stuff in the last episode but Jon decides to go North to catch a wight (ugh) with no dragonglass. Brilliant!

They had dragonglass, all of them did.  Tormund had dragonglass taped to a stick.  The Hound tried to use Gendry's hammer, but switched to his dragonglass daggers after he saw how useless it was.  Jorah was even using two dragonglass knives, when he normally uses a sword.  The only people not using dragonglass were Beric and Thoros, and the numerous red shirts...

2 minutes ago, tysen said:

They had dragonglass, all of them did.  Tormund had dragonglass taped to a stick.  The Hound tried to use Gendry's hammer, but switched to his dragonglass daggers after he saw how useless it was.  Jorah was even using two dragonglass knives, when he normally uses a sword.  The only people not using dragonglass were Beric and Thoros, and the numerous red shirts...

Duct tape?

2 minutes ago, tysen said:

I must have missed that. Why didn't they have archers with dragonglass arrows?

In the outside the episode we are told: Sandra is afraid "creepy" Arya is going to murder her, a fear that LF expertly stokes; Jon is the kind of guy who falls on a grenade to save the others, that's what he does; Dany has fallen deeply in lurve in a few episodes, he's not like the other boys (he's her nephew).

Archived