[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

Just now, Le Cygne said:

In the outside the episode we are told: Sandra is afraid "creepy" Arya is going to murder her, a fear that LF "expertly stokes"; Jon is the kind of guy who falls on a grenade to save the others, that's what he does; Dany has fallen deeply in lurve in a few episodes, he's not like the other boys (he's her nephew).

Yeah their explantation of their dumb plot is even dumber.

I am actually in a complete state of shock as to how bad this episode was.  This wasn't just a bad episode, it was one of the worst episodes I have ever seen from any television series.

All I can say is this.  I envision this situation where D & D were sitting in a rooming saying "wouldn't it be cool to have a dragon reanimated by the Night's King?", and then they create this completely stupid wight hunt in order to make this happen. 

I don't know what to say.  Sooo bad.

1 hour ago, madscientist596 said:

she's all threatening and then gives Sansa the dagger?

Arya was doing the lying game: tell a lie convincingly that the other believes. Sansa (and many viewers) believe Arya truly wants her face and dresses. But the action shows the lie: she gives the dagger in Sansa's hands. She has no intention of killing Sansa.

Still consider it stupid plot and filler. LF should be dead already since S6 finale. And trying to get a potential murderous sister who beat Brienne to be angry with her sister he lusts after is a very dumb plan imo.

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

NK apparently cannot throw a spear 300 yards to hit any of the like 10 people on a small island in a lake below him, including the stationary, much larger Dragon that is also carrying basically everyone that has any chance of stopping him south of the wall....Also despite it being shown repeatedly that proximity to a WW or the NK makes things colder, said NK doesn't just walk to the lake and refreeze it to get everyone killed.

At first I assumed the Night King was an idiot like nearly every other character, but what if this was all one giant trap so he could get his hands on a dragon? Which doesn't explain why he didn't try his hardest to kill the other dragons, too, plus Jon and Dany while he's at it. (He knows who Jon is, and seemed to have it out for him. Doesn't necessarily know Dany, but the smart move would be to kill a dragon rider no matter who she is.) But it does explain why he held off on exterminating the Magnificent Six. 

That would require the show having a plot that makes a little bit of sense, so I'm not sure. 

Jon Snow is apparently immortal. Not only does he not get pulled down by the weight of his sword, armor, and fur, but he emerges, conveniently in a nice, thin patch of zombies so uncle benjen can show up to save him, then he somehow doesn't drop dead of exposure, the undead horse somehow knows to take him to Eastmarch. I thought the point of this show was no one is safe. No one, except Jon, who is becoming the Mary Sue to end all Mary Sue's.

The teleportation? Its just insulting. GoT was supposed to be an intelligent show. Its not. Like, you can enjoy it as a CGI slaughter-fest, but that's what it has degenerated to. 

Winterfell... is just awful. Just so, so painfully awful. I don't know why Arya and Dany starting acting like nut cases this season. Did the same people who made up the Dorne plot do this one? 

The zombie dragon... that was some BS. So what, wights can only swim when the blessed Jon Snow wouldn't be endangered by their presence? 

This show cares more about cool battles and epic events than, you know, a well written story, the well developed cast of characters-- pretty much everything that made the books and early seasons brilliant.

31 minutes ago, Rubicante said:

I am actually in a complete state of shock as to how bad this episode was.  This wasn't just a bad episode, it was one of the worst episodes I have ever seen from any television series.

All I can say is this.  I envision this situation where D & D were sitting in a rooming saying "wouldn't it be cool to have a dragon reanimated by the Night's King?", and then they create this completely stupid wight hunt in order to make this happen. 

I don't know what to say.  Sooo bad.

Exactly!!!! I remember CH did a "Game of Thrones wish fulfillment". That's what the show has become. D&D start with some cool shot or epic battle, then go through any mental gymnastics imaginable to make it work. 

I guess they didn't want to talk about the Longclaw thing in the outside the episode... the wolf in the pommel closed his eye when Jon was underwater, then opened it when he emerged.

(and yeah, I know it was not intentional, that was my point)

I assumed Jon's back would be to the wall (though not the Wall) and he would be saved by someone sacrificing themselves for his sake. (Good thing they found a character who was already half-rotting, instead of a character that would have had dramatic heft, like Beric.) Of which I'm sick, but I can live with it.

Why must he not only be in mortal danger but fall in a frozen lake, be encased in icy clothes, and ride gods know how far back to Eastwatch? Which definitely would've killed him. But that's not all. He gets thawed out not at Eastwatch but on a ship? Seriously, they didn't take off his icy clothes until he was on the damn ship!

What is the matter with this show?

5 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I guess they didn't want to talk about the Longclaw thing in the outside the episode... the wolf in the pommel closed his eye when Jon was underwater, then opened it when he emerged.

Maybe the pommel was inhabited by the ghost of Ghost. Which means Ghost was in the episode, after all.

Loophole!

2 hours ago, The Onion Kniggit said:

And even if they did bring her a zombie, what does that really prove? It's not like she doesn't already have a zombie who is her bodyguard that was born of a scientific experiment. Who is to say the Northerners cannot do the same.

Maybe the twist is that the anti-Cersei allies will propose a marriage alliance between Zombie Mountain and his potential Wight Wife. 

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:
  • all before they could freeze their asses of, or die of thirst and starvation

Starvation would take a really long time, and with all the ice and snow around they better not die of thirst. They could've frozen to death, and the Night King could've hucked spears at them any time he liked. 

2 hours ago, Eddard Scissorhands said:

Indeed. Now I like Sansa, for the first time in the show since ages :D

Last season I often wondered how they were going to make Sansa a plausible Power Player, as they seemed intent on doing. I should have guessed the solution was to make everyone else stupid. Jon already knew nothing, of course. But Littlefinger used to be clever, and Arya was once not a homicidal maniac. Now Finger is a smirking husk of his former self, and Arya doesn't even count as an actual character, I don't think. 

Archived