[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

I can't even...long deep breath. Except for the budding bromance between the Hound and Tormund and the dragons blasting the undead, the rest of this entire episode was pure shit. I hope that Arya is not this stupid and that she and Sansa are conspiring to trap LF, I don't know how, but please, she cannot be that stupid. Hopefully Sansa will get her take LF's  face and place.

Jon managing to resuface after two wights dragged him under freezing water? He must have gone to the same swimming coach as Bronn. I did hope for a second that he would arise as the undead Jon on the backof an undead Viserion, but no. Thankfully he managed to drop Longclaw before he was dragged under water.

Why does Tyrion still have a job and a head? He is useless and now, even worse...unfunny.

And where the hell did they undead get giant chains?

I wanted to gag when Jon said, 'How about my Queen?' Bleh!

2 hours ago, Snormund said:

Also did they seriously not take dragonglass with them?

My memory is that every character without a flaming or Valyrian steel sword had some form of dragonglass. Tormund had a makeshift poleaxe-type thing with dragonglass, Jorah had dragonglass daggers, and when the Hound dropped Gendry's hammer he had dragonglass weapons, too. 

Would it have killed them to show some dragonglass arrows? Why didn't this fellowship have a Legolas?

13 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

I have a gripe: Beric told Jon you dont resemble your father, maybe more your mom...well in the books, Catelyn is annoyed because Jon resembles Ned, much like arya, while Robb, rickon, bran and sansa resemble the Tully side.

Jon's mom is Ned's sister, so he would resemble his "dad" if he resembled his mom. (I assume Lyanna and Ned both had the Stark look.) Considering Jon looks nothing like a Targaryen, maybe it was subtle commentary on Beric's poor vision. 

It's a real problem when the show can't write 30 seconds of dialogue between the only two undead characters to ever meet eachother without immediately stumbling all over backstory and logic itself. 

2 hours ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I think the show has a serious problem portraying strong women.  They had Brienne, one of the most emotionally strong and compassionate women ever born in Westeros, torture the rapists before she killed them (whether or not they deserved it, it's not something Brienne would have done).  They had TV-Ellaria, who in the books was original enough in thought in word to speak up for not continuing an inter-generational revenge plot that could kill her daughters as it had her late lover, avenge her late lover by murdering his brother and nephew and nephew's fiancee.  They had the Waif, who, in the books was a teacher-sort-of-person (If I remember right), torment and then nearly kill Arya.  I'm not going to mention the wreck that was the TV-Sand Snakes.  And now Arya has turned on her sister and is threatening to kill her because Sansa isn't wearing a Jon Snow King in the North T-shirt or something?  

I can only hope that Sansa and Arya will manage to reconcile soon.  As of now, Arya, who was once almost the epitome of Stark-ness, is a danger to Winterfell.

I am hoping this is a conspiracy between the Stark sisters to take down LF. I really want Sansa and LF to get married, and have Arya kill LF just before the wedding and take his face and place. That way they can keep control of the Vale and Sansa has a 'husband' and can't be married off again.  

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. I guess the NK secretly pillaged Mance Rayder's camp after Stannis routed the wildlings. It's the only possible source of chains I can think of that could have existed north of the Wall.

My immediate thought was that the Night King pilfered the chains the giants were using to break into Castle Black in Season Four.

Which only adds to the sense that the Army of the Dead has been wandering around aimlessly beyond the Wall for several seasons

8 minutes ago, Hound's She-Wolf 2 said:

I am hoping this is a conspiracy between the Stark sisters to take down LF. I really want Sansa and LF to get married, and have Arya kill LF just before the wedding and take his face and place. That way they can keep control of the Vale and Sansa has a 'husband' and can't be married off again.  

Isn't their cousin Lord of the Vale? I realize he's a weirdo, but he's gotta at least be more mentally stable than Arya.

Why wouldn't Sansa want to be married again at some point, despite her history? Don't ladies want children anymore?

Some of North of the Wall plot things I didn't like:

1.  They're going to capture "proof", but no proof is needed to get Danny and 3 Dragons to fly solo into the North?  (Perhaps have Jorah go w/Gendry so he can at least right the note).

2.  1 raven flies very far south, Danny gets dressed for the cold (sort of), then flies north all in one night?  Nothing showed they were stuck on that rock for more than one night.

(not sure could be bad memory, but wasn't Coldhand's horse dead?  Why would it do anything w/o Benjin?)

3.  Was the plan really just to walk until they stumbled into the Hounds vision?  No scouting, no horses, no apparent food/survival supplies?

Some of the Winterfell characterization things I haven't liked:

1.  I'm really not sure what Arya's motivation/characterization is supposed to be.  At one point at she had empathy for Cersi of all people when giving the Actress advice on how to play that final scene.  It wouldn't be out of character for her to hold a grudge vs Sansa, but not sure why she's playing pseudo no one games instead of being direct in her communication w/her.  

2.  There's been some episodes this year which have been short.  Even if they didn't want to put too many Spoilers in, imo they should have had a couple Bran vision of point of view sequences (similar to leaving the 3 eyed raven borrow) to show what's driving him.  He should be more involved even if it's just internal battles at this point.

3.  Sansa and LF.  Why does she listen to him at all?, if anything she should have Brienne as a confidant.  She had been doing so at the beginning of the year, but just reverted for no apparent reason.  Why is taking credit for the Vale when she cost a lot of people there lives by not telling Jon and letting him just wait until the show up ...  

2 hours ago, funeh said:

most of the things were stated. Worst part is, that people would consider this episode as best of the whole series because of super epic cgi dragon death and ice dragon. Its just sad. What is the world coming to? 

I guess it's because the show has attracted fans in more recent seasons who are into action and violence which defy logic, whereas in the earlier seasons it attracted those of us who are more interested in character development, clever twists and witty dialogue.

9 minutes ago, darmody said:

Which only adds to the sense that the Army of the Dead has been wandering around aimlessly beyond the Wall for several seasons

That was exactly my thought.  Whenever we actually see the Night King and his lieutenants, they seem to be on a mission, yet in the time that elapses between scenes north of the wall, they don't actually seem to be getting anywhere.  Are they marching around in circles?  Their complete lack of sense of direction would explain why they have never attempted to get past the wall before.

15 minutes ago, storm.131 said:

I guess it's because the show has attracted fans in more recent seasons who are into action and violence which defy logic, whereas in the earlier seasons it attracted those of us who are more interested in character development, clever twists and witty dialogue.

Nope.  The show has always had dumb fans.  They remained dumb, and d&d decide that's as good enough of a fan base to cater towards.  Why not #werichbich

40 minutes ago, Hound's She-Wolf 2 said:

And the Fellowship has all this time to talk-why has there been no mention of Arya between Gendry, Jon and Clegane? Jon knows she's alive, but Clegane was the last to see her? Or about Sansa between Jon and the Hound?

That would have made too much sense, like Sansa and Bran and Arya talking about Rickon.

3 hours ago, Nami said:

Arya as a character is dead. She's so badly written now that I've seen people theorize that maybe she died in her fight with the Terminator Waif and Terminator Waif (or the Faceless man) is now disguised as Arya.

Arya is actually my most hated character now.  She does the thousand eye stare one scene and is giggling the next.  Yet d&d love her because whynotfuckitwecanmakenosenseandpeoplestillwatch.

Archived