[SPOILERS] What did you love about this episode?

Wolves Die Young

It would be kind of nice if this thread could remain a place for positivity, or at least for avoiding the "WORST EPISODE EVER, GAME OF THRONES IS THE WORST SHOW" type of comments that every episode now gets. There are plenty of threads in this forum for that kind of conversation. 

One more thing I really loved: that final shot. It was predictable, but still such a cool moment for that eye to open and then blue.

51 minutes ago, The Special Pug of Belfast said:

though I do wish he wouldn't have proverbially bent the knee

Dany finally sees that the true fight is in the North (and there was much rejoicing!), so why does Jon then go and do something so monumentally stupid as giving away the North (it's not even his to give!). Out of guilt over the dragon?! Jon, you dumb fuck! People might actually be right you're not fit to rule anything.

I liked the banter between the Seven Samurai, and the CGI was beautifully done, as always. Rory McCann as the Hound is a joy to watch, and his behavior was spot-on, particularly the stone-throwing thing.

I'm going to try and ignore the Winterfell stuff, because that whole thing is beyond stupid. If I have to turn that into something I loved, it's ehh... yeah I can't. If it turns out to be a clever lead-up to Littlefinger's long-overdue death I will happily eat my words, but that kind of subtlety is not what the show does these days.

I guess I liked the frozen polar bear thing, I mean it was a bit too-obvious "see, we have precedent" to the Dragon getting raised later in the episode, but okay - at least they did something with it.

Tyrion and Dany's conversation about succession was much needed, even if Dany's insistence on not addressing the issue of, eh, issue is not to her credit. But I'm willing to cut her some slack as long as she remains dedicated to fighting the real fight.

36 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

Dany finally sees that the true fight is in the North (and there was much rejoicing!), so why does Jon then go and do something so monumentally stupid as giving away the North (it's not even his to give!). Out of guilt over the dragon?! Jon, you dumb fuck! People might actually be right you're not fit to rule anything.

Jon was partly influenced by what Tormund said about Mance, how many wildlings died because he was too proud to bend the knee.

1 hour ago, Snormund said:

Awful episode. Worst ever. If I have to pick something I guess....

My favorite character Mel wasn't in it so I can at least take solace in the fact that the worst episode of the series was through no fault of my beloved Carice Van Houten. 

Still, Game of Throne keeps winning awards. :P And I like that the show diverged from the novels  - this means when Winds of Winter is released, I will not know what happens as a read. I loved the episode.

I liked the group talking. The evil dead bear which was great given it was like the dead in the book in that it was incredibly hard to kill. I liked dany and tyrion talking and jon and dany. Thought it was kinda funny the way dany was called out by tyrion for liking jon. Really enjoyed the boat scene alot more then I thought I would. When I heard earlier that jon was going to bend the knee like that I was furious because it felt like he was only doing it because he liked her but it didn't feel that way in the show.  No iron borne that was nice. Every scene with tormound was great. Loved how she told tyrion off when he told her not to go

26 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

Jon was partly influenced by what Tormund said about Mance, how many wildlings died because he was too proud to bend the knee.

I think this was the big reason. He didn't know anything about dany before and now that she saw the threat and is taking it seriously he feels that it is more important to do it this way and fight the dead where as before it seemed that she didn't take it seriously.

1 hour ago, Caligula_K3 said:

It would be kind of nice if this thread could remain a place for positivity, or at least for avoiding the "WORST EPISODE EVER, GAME OF THRONES IS THE WORST SHOW" type of comments that every episode now gets. There are plenty of threads in this forum for that kind of conversation. 

One more thing I really loved: that final shot. It was predictable, but still such a cool moment for that eye to open and then blue.

Feel free to report those posts, they do this off topic ranting every week even though the thread topic is clearly about posting what you like in the episode.

Despite how terrible the Winterfell plotline is, I still really love Maisie and Sophie's acting.

Hound and Tormund's talk about Brienne was wonderful.

A lot of the shots were very beautiful cinematography wise.

Gendry's reaction to the other members of the Suicide Squad and the interesting things/camaraderie/attitude towards the crazy shit was also great

"WTF am i doing with these lunatics" 

1. zombie dragon.

2. Zombie Dragon.

3. seriously though a fucking ZOMBIE DRAGON.

4. HOLY SHIT Y'ALL A FUCKING ZOMBIE DRAGON

Oh and some other stuff happened too I guess.

I actually did not think to anticipate a Benjen Stark appearance so I enjoyed that since it caught me by surprise.

I am also a big fan of the Dany/Jon scene towards the end because I like bits where Dany drops her public mask (and Clarke, thus, is permitted to actually emote instead of just portraying Dany's stoic "badass" public face that often reads wooden and has gotten her a fair bit of criticism here and elsewhere over the seasons [that might be more accurately aimed at the producers/directors/writers]).

Still not sure if I quite feel the Jon/Dany ROMANCE yet but, like, I can at least buy FRIENDS now.

Archived