Discussing Sansa XXXII: Game of Faces

Mladen

4 hours ago, Pandean said:

Ahahaha. I get it. :laugh:

I hope so too. I think Arya has definitely gone through a lot of change and trauma and her sticking to the things she thinks she knows is something like a security thing. If she acts like her family hasn't changed, then it would be mentally soothing (if not healthy in the long run). So I can see, due to the idea of "Everything else changed for me but this is the one thing that can't!" why her issues and stance on Sansa seem very.....obstinate. It's not right by any means and I don't excuse it, but at the same time, Arya needs help and/or the Westerosi version of a therapist. She's been through a lot.

I don't know if the sisters will every be buddy-buddy but I hope that they do have a working positive relationship. 

What I've really missed is some bonding time between Sansa and Arya; conversations where they discover what each other has seen and done.  Imagine Sansa and Arya discussing the Hound; or, perhaps more painful but necessary, Sansa telling Arya about Joffrey forcing her to view Ned's head and later having the Kingsguard beat her; Arya telling Sansa about traveling with Gendry and becoming Tywin's cupbearer, Sansa telling Arya about their Aunt Lysa, etc, Arya telling Sansa about learning to kill.    And I so wished to have Jon tell Sansa that he'd executed Janos Slynt (that is, if the writers remember that it was Slynt, at least in the books, who pushed Ned down for the executioner).

I certainly hope the Stark sisters can come to an understanding and have a good working relationship.  They need each other; they have lost so much; and Bran isn't really there for them anymore; and Jon's becoming BFF's with the Dragon Queen.

18 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

What I've really missed is some bonding time between Sansa and Arya; conversations where they discover what each other has seen and done.  Imagine Sansa and Arya discussing the Hound; or, perhaps more painful but necessary, Sansa telling Arya about Joffrey forcing her to view Ned's head and later having the Kingsguard beat her; Arya telling Sansa about traveling with Gendry and becoming Tywin's cupbearer, Sansa telling Arya about their Aunt Lysa, etc, Arya telling Sansa about learning to kill.    And I so wished to have Jon tell Sansa that he'd executed Janos Slynt (that is, if the writers remember that it was Slynt, at least in the books, who pushed Ned down for the executioner).

I certainly hope the Stark sisters can come to an understanding and have a good working relationship.  They need each other; they have lost so much; and Bran isn't really there for them anymore; and Jon's becoming BFF's with the Dragon Queen.

Yeah, I would have loved a conversation like that between the two of them. Think of what Arya would think of Sansa feeding Ramsay to his own hounds! But yeah, they only really hinted to things about both of them going through things in that one episode and then it just was forgotten. I mean, they don't have to show a gigantic scene where they spill everything on screen, but just hint it here or there. Maybe Sansa asks how Arya learned to fight so well and Arya asks what happened to the Boltons, or Sansa finds out Arya killed Meryn Trant and ends up telling her how he stripped and beat her, etc. There was so much to work with.

And yeah; at least with the Jon and Sansa scenes you can kind of glean that they communicated with each other. Those scenes were really sweet. 

The Stark sisters would make a really formidable united front. Bran is not really even Bran anymore and Jon's shacking up with the Dragon Queen (oh, how the entirety of the North is not going to like that. Dammit Jon, use your head.) They're all they have left, now. Not that Jon and Bran aren't there for them but one is pretty much a all-seeing god and the other is...not the brightest lightbulb in the socket.

The Jon/Sansa reunion was really lovely, and believable.  This season's Stark Kids' reunions have been a big question mark, very awkward.  I would have loved to have seen Arya and Sansa bonding over the latter's having served Ramsay up to his own dogs - a sweet sisterly moment indeed, at least for GOT.

I can't figure out why the writers had Jon neglect to send a raven back to Winterfell since he left for Dragonstone.

1.  The writers want to show that Jon is still the same fool whose lack of communication skills got him killed by the Night's Watch.

2.  Jon (or Davos, who is more practical) did send a raven or two, but Littlefinger intercepted the messages to sew discord in the North and increase the likelihood of Sansa having a nervous breakdown and needing his help.  

3.  To increase the Northerners' surprise/shock if/when Jon and Dany come to Winterfell on the backs of dragons.  

36 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

The Jon/Sansa reunion was really lovely, and believable.  This season's Stark Kids' reunions have been a big question mark, very awkward.  I would have loved to have seen Arya and Sansa bonding over the latter's having served Ramsay up to his own dogs - a sweet sisterly moment indeed, at least for GOT.

I can't figure out why the writers had Jon neglect to send a raven back to Winterfell since he left for Dragonstone.

1.  The writers want to show that Jon is still the same fool whose lack of communication skills got him killed by the Night's Watch.

2.  Jon (or Davos, who is more practical) did send a raven or two, but Littlefinger intercepted the messages to sew discord in the North and increase the likelihood of Sansa having a nervous breakdown and needing his help.  

3.  To increase the Northerners' surprise/shock if/when Jon and Dany come to Winterfell on the backs of dragons.  

Your second point makes sense. And, I would also add that perhaps they just wanted to show how much time had passed - which is lazy writing, I think. Oh my, I just got another idea. What if Arya discovers Jon's letters in Littlefinger's possession? Which could be one factor in his downfall.

37 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

It was such a great reunion, no kidding. Jon/Sansa have reminded me of Ned/Catelyn for the past two seasons, I'm not sure why. Just some parallels, I guess. 
And oh man, Arya's reaction to Sansa's poetic justice...."Who are you and what have you done with my sister?" Or just extreme glee. Can you imagine the way Arya would get protective over the whole Meryn Trant thing and be like "That fucker beat you? Don't worry, sis! I killed him dead!" 

My idea with Jon not writing is either of these:

1. Writers are showing Jon is still not the smartest cookie, as you said

2. Dany, since she was keeping him a prisoner, technically, forbade him to write

3. The writers legit just forgot

Archived