More holes in the plot than used fishnet stockings

Wolf's Bane

What a lazy episode. Heck, what a lazy show. I started with season 1 of the show, then read all the books, then continued. I remember really liking season 1, really enjoying the books, going back to the show and thinking it was lit, and then... the great decline. D&D really are not good at story. Just epic shots. And they do those really, really, well. Visually the episode was spectacular. Writing wise.... no. Just no.

1 hour ago, robasp2 said:

Exactly !!!

They couldnt swim through water to get to the fellowship (7 good men), yet they dived in, attached the chains and came back to the surface.

The wights don't need to resurface, though. They had the chains, and jumped in the lake to secure the dragon, and the Night King left them there in the water.

2 hours ago, Nakraal said:

We could assume that the company marched 10-12 hours before sending Gentry back. Then we might accept that Gentry run non-stop and reached Eastwatch within 3-4 hours. Danny should know the approximate wherabouts of the party from the raven\s message. All this we can suspend our disbelief ... 

...but...

...It's 2000 miles from Eastwatch to Dragonstone. A raven would at most do 70 miles per 24 hours. And thats literally at most. So it should take 29 days for the Raven to reach Danny. For this you are right. We don't have to suspend our disbelief but to stop thinking altogether..,

They could easily do without this comical situation with a bit better writing. I would better accept to see Danny ex machina out of the blue. She got stressed for old Jon's life and spontaneously flew to find them.

Also, I can't accept all those last minute saves for Jon unless he is proven to be protected by some kind of "higher power" or something like that, by the end of the series.

You think a raven goes about 3 miles an hour. Go back to math class. 

3 hours ago, Wolf's Bane said:

The plot was very hard to accept.  I can suspend my disbelief but this one is asking me to stop thinking altogether.  So the raven flew at Mach 3.  Dany found them in that vast expanse.  And I am just so pissed off that Viserion died for nothing.  Nothing.  Jon should have died but at least he recognized Dany's greatness and acknowledge her as his queen. 

I believe that there was significant passage of time on that island.  They unfortunately gave us no point of reference for this.

3 hours ago, Joshy said:

Have you confirmed that it was in fact Viserion? That was the first event since HBO took over that has felt like it had Martin's influence.

I believe it was Viserion because they showed a close up of his green eye before he died.  I think Rhaegal has gold eyes.

4 hours ago, Col Cinders said:

Now that the dragon is undead will those glands/bladders be repaired or will the dragon bear the wounds unhealed like all the other undead do?  Without a heal this dragon may have no breath weapon.

It will have magic ice breath, obviously.

Or at least blue flames that are totally safe for Ice Demons to be around. 

Honestly, I don't think that there has ever been an episode of GOT that would make as little sense as this one. The beyond-the-Wall plot is just ridiculous and logic gives up for the sake of cool scenes. I made a summary of plotholes and nonsenses in this post in Rant thread, if someone wants to read it...

10 hours ago, Wolf's Bane said:

The plot was very hard to accept.  I can suspend my disbelief but this one is asking me to stop thinking altogether.  So the raven flew at Mach 3.  Dany found them in that vast expanse.  And I am just so pissed off that Viserion died for nothing.  Nothing.  Jon should have died but at least he recognized Dany's greatness and acknowledge her as his queen. 

Okay, well, let's see.  The show have always had plot holes.  This isn't the first time the scripts left a lot to be desired.  Remember episode 8 last year, wounded Arya running away from the faceless girl.  That's a logic hole.  Flawed scene.   I suppose there were just too many in this one episode. 

11 hours ago, direwoofwoof said:

I actually shouted at the TV "where the hell did they get those chains?" And how did they attach them to the dragon under the ice cap?

Yea, attaching the chains is worse than having them - the show clearly showed zombies drowning in the water, so how did they get the chains down to the dragon?

26 minutes ago, ummester said:

Yea, attaching the chains is worse than having them - the show clearly showed zombies drowning in the water, so how did they get the chains down to the dragon?

That's true, I didn't think about it. The correct scene would have also been more stylish: they could have just shown the NK standing on the ice, concentrating while opening his arms (or pointing them toward the ground), and then the dragon with blue eyes breaking the ice from the water and flying away. 

11 hours ago, Corvinus said:

The dragon's eyes looked green to me, before death. So I assumed it was Rhaegal, but I'll take your word on this.

I would have been more upset if it had been Rhaegal, but still plenty upset. Especially at Dany's lack of mourning, as she decided to focus more on Jon Snow. 

It probably wasn't an accident that Viserion was the one that was killed, since now we just need one more dragon rider and he can ride the dragon named after his dad, Rhaegal

3 hours ago, ummester said:

It's like when I go to the swimming pool. You can't just dive directly. You need to first put a foot inside and wait 'till you get used to it, especially when the water is cold and you have eaten less then two hours before. So yeah, that scene makes perfect sense and I sympathize with the wights :/

Archived