Okay, NOW Have We Seen The Most Wildly Unrealistic Thing Ever on GoT???

You think you've seen teleporting?  

You think you've seen jetpacking?

Don't make me laugh.

706 just upped the ante to a whole new level, never even imagined before, I think.

While Jon & Company are confronting the Army of the Dead, Gendry is sent to run back to Eastwatch, where a raven is sent to Dany on Dragonstone, then Dany hops on a dragon, and flies all the way back and makes it in time to save the expedition to capture a wight???

Face it, friends.  Reasonable continuity in terms of travel through time and space is out the window.

Completely out the window.

2 minutes ago, HoldTheDoorHodor said:

Well it IS a tv show. I'm sure westeros is smaller than we imagine. 

Don't desperately defend the show.  GOT is supposed to be a higher standard than these other crap shows on tv.  The writers and plots are supposed to be intelligent.  They're just getting lazy.

6 minutes ago, HoldTheDoorHodor said:

Plot twist: "Westeros" is actually a lego set in the table at Dragonstone like in the Lego movie. 

Whenever they say "send a raven" my brain changes it to "send a text", and it makes SO much more sense.

4 minutes ago, HoldTheDoorHodor said:

Mmmmm...pretty sure that to go from Eastwatch to Dragonstone and back, all by itself, is about a 1,000 mile round trip, maybe more.

And we don't even know how far north of Eastwatch and the Wall Jon & Company were when Dany saved them.

Did Gendry run a marathon (over 26 miles)? Two marathons back to back? Three? (Or was the Army of the Dead just lurking around a mile or two north of the wall?) Who knows?

Take a look at a map of Westeros.  Winterfell to King's Landing is 1,000 miles, one way.

18 minutes ago, Cron said:

You think you've seen teleporting?  

You think you've seen jetpacking?

Don't make me laugh.

706 just upped the ante to a whole new level, never even imagined before, I think.

While Jon & Company are confronting the Army of the Dead, Gendry is sent to run back to Eastwatch, where a raven is sent to Dany on Dragonstone, then Dany hops on a dragon, and flies all the way back and makes it in time to save the expedition to capture a wight???

Face it, friends.  Reasonable continuity in terms of travel through time and space is out the window.

Completely out the window.

Well, to be fair, they were  the rest of the day and the whole night up there in that rock

2 minutes ago, Cron said:

Mmmmm...pretty sure that to go from Eastwatch to Dragonstone and back, all by itself, is about a 1,000 mile round trip, maybe more.

And we don't even know how far north of Eastwatch and the Wall Jon & Company were when Dany saved them.

Did Gendry run a marathon (over 26 miles)? Two marathons back to back? Three? (Or was the Army of the Dead just lurking around a mile or two north of the wall?) Who knows?

Take a look at a map of Westeros.  Winterfell to King's Landing is 1,000 miles, one way.

At this point I think the writers are getting lazy knowing the show only has one season and is so popular.  Just throw logic out the window.  It's frustrating.

9 minutes ago, direwoofwoof said:

Which is faster... Gendry running back to the wall, sending a raven to DS and Dany flying from DS to the way north of the wall... or water freezing in sub zero temps way north of the wall?

And the NK and wights having to wait till the hound throws a stone to know that the lake has frozen over again. The KING of ICE, the one that brings the cold! :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Henderson59 said:

Don't desperately defend the show.  GOT is supposed to be a higher standard than these other crap shows on tv.  The writers and plots are supposed to be intelligent.  They're just getting lazy.

I completely agree. I may be a tad overzealous, but it's like a smack in the face when they do this, when they try to get us to believe that these events could unfold in this timespan. GRRM created this vast expanse of Planetos and seeing its size and structure totally disregarded leaves me feeling distracted. It's totally lazy. 

18 minutes ago, direwoofwoof said:

Which is faster... Gendry running back to the wall, sending a raven to DS and Dany flying from DS to the way north of the wall... or water freezing in sub zero temps way north of the wall?

Is this a trick a question? :P

I would like to believe that the Night's King knew that Dany was coming, that's why he held off killing those blokes. Maybe, just like the red priests, he's got some way of seeing the future, a palantir or something. But that still leaves the problem of hypothermia, dehydration and starvation for those people. Maybe Beric would be ok, seeing that he is a sort of wight himself, and not sure about Jon. But the others should have been dead.

27 minutes ago, Henderson59 said:

I think it just goes to show how out of their depth they are, once they no longer could paint by numbers from GRRM's novels.

And this same episode had the balls to have Sansa tell Brienne that it would take a long time to get to Winterfell.

Homing pigeons can fly 750 miles in a day.

It is not unreasonable to think a special messenger raven could make the trip in a fantasy setting in a day.

Dragons are faster than fantasy messenger ravens.

I don't think the timing is really that much of an issue.  They marched 15ish miles past the wall.  Gendry makes it back in record time running for hours straight.  Messenger raven takes 24 hours to get to Dany.  Dragons take 6 hours or less to get back up North.....they fast.

We had a scene of them standing watching......break......scene of them sleeping.......Thoros dying in that time......break........scene of them bored from all the doing nothing leading to the fight.  First break between scenes could be 24ish hours.

Archived