Okay, NOW Have We Seen The Most Wildly Unrealistic Thing Ever on GoT???

5 hours ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

Remember The scene in episode 5...

Bran was at the God's Woods with the maester and was using the ravens to spy the Wights...

Those raven flew from Winterfell to where the Night King was within seconds

Why do you assume they flew from Winterfell? Seems more likely that Bran just reached through the weirwood network and grabbed ravens north of the wall to do his bidding. 

16 minutes ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

Good question... They were exactly where Jon&Co were... Take a look at it again... The NK is on the island exactly where Jon and Co were... Correct me If I'm wrong... But I think it might be a trap set by the NK to get a Dragon... It would explained why they already had the chains... I mean maybe they have Blacksmith in the army of the dead?:laugh:

Oh god, that makes it worse. LOL You're correct. He actually was on that lake and that rock. They were all just standing there. WOW, I just watched the scene again and he's right there. CTHU so.... wait. Was the Army of the dead marching to eastwatch at all? Bran see this, sends ravens... 2 days pass... Jon gets the message... He waits a week or so for Davos and Tyrion to do their mission... sails to east watch. Like 1500 to 1800 miles away gotta be like a few weeks right? Ranges to find a wight... lord knows how many days, and the Nights King is in the same location he was what month ago? Its like an Onion... layer after layer of terrible writing LOL

38 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

Why do you assume they flew from Winterfell? Seems more likely that Bran just reached through the weirwood network and grabbed ravens north of the wall to do his bidding. 

Because we see Winterfell very near... Have you watched that scene again? Again, take a look and correct me If I'm wrong... I don't know...

22 minutes ago, ramla said:

Oh god, that makes it worse. LOL You're correct. He actually was on that lake and that rock. They were all just standing there. WOW, I just watched the scene again and he's right there. CTHU so.... wait. Was the Army of the dead marching to eastwatch at all? Bran see this, sends ravens... 2 days pass... Jon gets the message... He waits a week or so for Davos and Tyrion to do their mission... sails to east watch. Like 1500 to 1800 miles away gotta be like a few weeks right? Ranges to find a wight... lord knows how many days, and the Nights King is in the same location he was what month ago? Its like an Onion... layer after layer of terrible writing LOL

Yeah... Bizarre... Very Bizarre... Very strange... argh! 

Expectations lead to disappointment...

3 minutes ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

Because we see Winterfell very near... Have you watched that scene again? Again, take a look and correct me If I'm wrong... I don't know...

I'll check it out.  Could be I'm wrong. :) wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last.  

1 hour ago, S. OF HOUSE STARK said:

Well, when the Hound said that it was "one of the better ways to go" I presumed he meant freezing rather than being mauled by a dead bear. 

He was wounded by a dead bear... And he died... Could have been anyone... Why Jon didn't die of freezing;.. And Beric? And the Hound? Joar? Why Thoros with his top knot would die from freezing if they are all in the same place? That's why I thought his wounds took him... And they had to burn the body or he would become a wight IF the night king decides to show off ...;) mmmh I don't know;..

40 minutes ago, ramla said:

1 hour ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

Good question... They were exactly where Jon&Co were... Take a look at it again... The NK is on the island exactly where Jon and Co were... Correct me If I'm wrong... But I think it might be a trap set by the NK to get a Dragon... It would explained why they already had the chains... I mean maybe they have Blacksmith in the army of the dead?:laugh:

Yeah...I mean this is the only possible thing that makes the NK's actions make any sense- it was a trap the entire time to get a dragon.  I'm hoping the show somewhat explains it, but maybe the NK needed a dragon to get past the Wall?

The chain stuff is still really bothering me though...like they clearly didn't have the chains right on them or otherwise Jon would have gotten out of the water and they'd still be there...presumably he fell into water pretty close to where they revived Viserion from yet Jon got up and nobody was there implying they had to go somewhere to get the chains (as well as you see them moving once Drogon flies away).  

40 minutes ago, ramla said:

One more thing... In Bran's spying, we see the ice is very white (hard) ... much more than when Jon&Co got there... What does it mean? Because the way they showed us the cracking when they got there is obviously to make us think about it... We see the dead are there and if it has been winter for a long time why would that place (icy ground) be so thin? That icy ground should have been Thicker... I don't KNOW! i'm so done with this show... The twists, the tricks, the ... I love it!!^_^

3 minutes ago, Tagganaro said:

Yeah...I mean this is the only possible thing that makes the NK's actions make any sense- it was a trap the entire time to get a dragon.  I'm hoping the show somewhat explains it, but maybe the NK needed a dragon to get past the Wall?

Yeah I mean If the NK really wanted to kill Jon&Co he would have done that before... Instead, they were there... Beric even pointed the NK like he was stupid c*nt in their neighbourhood... Like "Ay look at that c**t"! And they were chatting... Throwing stones and small rocks at wights (The Hound)... They were at ease! And the Night King was there... Looking at them? No... He was waiting for something... 

11 minutes ago, Tagganaro said:

The chain stuff is still really bothering me though...like they clearly didn't have the chains right on them or otherwise Jon would have gotten out of the water and they'd still be there...presumably he fell into water pretty close to where they revived Viserion from yet Jon got up and nobody was there implying they had to go somewhere to get the chains (as well as you see them moving once Drogon flies away).  

The chains ... Smh... I don't know what to say about that... Clearly, after hitting the dragon, and Daenerys fleeing away, The NK got on his horse and turned away... Obviously, he left the dragon there... They were going to Blacksmith avenue obviously... Unexplainable from now... Maybe we will have more explaination in the upcoming episode... At least one Bran's vision... Not sure about that...

30 minutes ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

He was wounded by a dead bear... And he died... Could have been anyone... Why Jon didn't die of freezing;.. And Beric? And the Hound? Joar? Why Thoros with his top knot would die from freezing if they are all in the same place? That's why I thought his wounds took him... And they had to burn the body or he would become a wight IF the night king decides to show off ...;) mmmh I don't know;..

Oh, no, I definitely agree that there wouldn't have been one without the other. The wounds he suffered weakened him to the point that he couldn't withstand the cold like the others. His body wasn't up to that fight. My original point was more along the lines of "hmm Beric, Thoros isn't looking too good, if only there were some fire around here to make him feel a little more comfortable wink wink nudge nudge"   

9 minutes ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

The chains ... Smh... I don't know what to say about that... Clearly, after hitting the dragon, and Daenerys fleeing away, The NK got on his horse and turned away... Obviously, he left the dragon there... They were going to Blacksmith avenue obviously... Unexplainable from now... Maybe we will have more explaination in the upcoming episode... At least one Bran's vision... Not sure about that...

If the NK had been planning this for a while (quite possible) he would have hundreds of years to obtain a chain.  As it happens he didn't need to wait hundreds of years.  He only needed to steal the ones used by the Wildlings in their failed assault on the Wall.

3 hours ago, Wildling Queen said:

Haha! It IS an issue, yes. Remember seeing Theon shave Ramsey with a straight razor? Now try to imagine a woman doing that...there. Nope. lol

Yes, I loved Val, she was one of my favorite, albeit very brief so far, characters. But instead of a "Wildling Princess," I'd rather be a queen. 

Interesting.

Very interesting.

But, I guess I thought Val IS the Wildling Queen now, as the only known surviving relative of Mance Rayder.

Or did I get confused?  Did Dalla die? (The child is still alive, with Sam, but like I said above, I'm thinking of "known" surviving relatives of Mance, and I don't think the whereabouts of Mance's son are widely known)

Far as I'm concerned, Val is perfect for Jon Snow, much better than Dany (for Jon, that is)

On 21.8.2017 at 4:50 AM, Cron said:

Mmmmm...pretty sure that to go from Eastwatch to Dragonstone and back, all by itself, is about a 1,000 mile round trip, maybe more.

And we don't even know how far north of Eastwatch and the Wall Jon & Company were when Dany saved them.

Did Gendry run a marathon (over 26 miles)? Two marathons back to back? Three? (Or was the Army of the Dead just lurking around a mile or two north of the wall?) Who knows?

Take a look at a map of Westeros.  Winterfell to King's Landing is 1,000 miles, one way.

We know that he ran way more than 26 miles. We know that because the group had approached the arrow-head mountain when he was sent. And that arrow-head mountain apparently cannot be seen from a 700 foot high wall of ice. So it has to be far, far away.

3 hours ago, Armand Gargalen said:

I am pretty sure the information you gathered does not take into account that the White Walkers bring the cold with them and that they can manipulate ice. 

Interesting point.

Which means the ice would have frozen even faster than we would normally expect, and there would have been even less time available for Gendry's run, and the raven's flight to Dragonstone, and Dany's flight back with the dragons.

Archived