Okay, NOW Have We Seen The Most Wildly Unrealistic Thing Ever on GoT???

12 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

My point was my original statement when this started.

The fans loved the show.

Hey, the fans loved the episode.  They aren't out there whinging relentlessly over petty stuff.

Nope, they loved it.

They gave it a 9.4.

Oh...so your only credible argument is one that nobody denies or challenges you on?

Gotcha.

3 minutes ago, Yoren Luck said:

See, to me it is not a question of the distance or the time.  Those are inconsistencies that I am willing to look past to enjoy the overall viewing experience.  It is the fact that the whole plot of the wight hunt felt contrived.  Dany and Jon could have just shot up there on a dragon to show Dany the real threat to Westeros if that plot point is so important for her to join in the fight.  She still could have lost a dragon in the process if they needed to get a dragon to the Night King.  Cersei is never going to buy that this is a threat.  She has an undead minion as her bodyguard ffs.  She'll probably muse about what it would take to form an alliance with the Night King before she would ever consider this an actual issue she had to deal with.  And for all that we know about Qyburn, he seems more than ready to try to facilitate such an alliance or at least explore how he is reanimating the dead, so to him this isn't going to look like a threat at all, but rather a curiosity that he could explore and learn from.  Compared to the real threat of Dany's armies and dragons, bringing an undead critter to Kings Landing and telling Cersei there are thousands of them north of the wall ready to attack is not going to change her mind.  If anything she would just brush it off and say well then its a good thing there is a wall between them and us.  Plus (and this is the important part) it was already established that the Lannisters are losing the war at the moment and need time to acquire sellsword armies to replenish the losses from the loot train battle and the lesser numbers they lost at Casterly Rock.  All dany had to do was offer an armistice and the Lannisters would have accepted, as this would have been the perfect opportunity for them the regroup and get their sellswords to Westeros.  And this is forgetting that fact that they could have also just as easily captured Jaime and Bronn after that battle and used them as leverage to arrange a meeting to negotiate an armistice rather than doing the wight hunt.  And Jorah could have had a two minute conversation with Samwell Tarly at the Citadel about the real threat to Westeros, and then confirmed this to Dany when they met later in the season at Dragonstone.  No wight hunt was needed.  The entire plot was drummed up to gift the Night King a dragon and they stretched the integrity of the story to do so in ways that made many viewers feel they went too far.

-not arguing about the success of the show.  It is well documented that this show is epic and the most popular on TV.  What I am saying, and many others, is that this part of the story feels forced and criticisms from viewers should be valid

The wight plot was them doing something stupid because Dany/Cersie were being hardheaded.

That's all you have to accept.  They knew it was dumb and risky but Dany/Cersie wouldn't do a truce.  And I blame Dany here......and she redeemed herself this past episode.

In the show, Dany is being stubborn (forget Cersie) and she refuses to just abandon her life long goal (taking the Iron Throne) for this AoD.  She doesn't truy understand so she doesn't just day I'll do it.....I'll say forget my life long goal for now and fight this threat....instead she is stubborn.......but she is falling for Jon......she doesn't like this plan.......you can see it in her tone/face if you want to ....

So, Jon goes on the idiot mission because Dany forces it due to her sticking to her lifelong dream first.  Then she gets the letter and she knows she has to help this Jon and......Jorah.......she has to.  So she sees that this AoD is unimaginable so she offers her army and drops the knee request......she knows this man, Jon Snow, now.......

And Jon responds with......"a proposal?"

Great tv.

I loved the episode, some didn't. Which means I benefited more than those who can't or refuse to overlook the inconsistencies and plausible impossibilities. Constructive criticism is necessary for all mediums, literature and film in particular. However, 'criticism' on this website is of a lesser standard than those from legitimate critics who write reviews for a living. And I do believe the show-writers do read those legitimate reviews in order to improve for the next season.

They also take into account general viewer satisfaction. Who should they cater to more, the 1% or the 99%? The book purist or the casual viewer looking for a good time? Time constraints and monetary limitations factor into the script-writing. I'm sure they were aware of the "plausible impossibilities" they were writing beforehand.

What I'm trying to say is this: it's alright to be critical. But none-professional criticism is less than useful, especially since everyone is so invested in the show that no one will drop the show because of these "unrealistic" scenarios.

So chill, folks. Enjoy the episode for what it is. Good TV. Although, mind you, I don't care whether you whinge (Clegane laugh) or cry, it matters not to me. I enjoyed every minute. :)

9 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

This post proves you don't understand the medium very well.

No it doesn't. If I can predict 95% of what is going to happen in a movie or series within minutes for decades, I think I understand the medium quite well. My best friend's personal enjoyment is finding a series or movie where I'll not figure out the plot or misdirection within the first half hour.

14 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

There is no real teleporting problem.  That's in your head.  You bring it with you every episode as the result of you already hating this or that.  The show long ago established that can pass between scenes.  This is old, old stuff and has been done on tv for a long, long time.  They assume you are smart enough to follow along.......time passed...a few days have passed or a few weeks or a few months...

Either it's teleporting or deliberately fudging.

It's ok for time to pass between scenes, but it must be done consistently and I want references. If they tell me in S3 it's 3 days sailing from thsi island to there, and if in S4 someone else or the same person makes that voyage and returns and then have a simultaneous scene mentioning "a week ago" taht's all fine by me. I know intelligent series who use time passing without fudging it. GOT ain't it, not anymore. Fudging is cheating. For we assume it's months here, but then only day there.

19 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

They aren't holding your hand about it.  Accept it or don't but please stop whinging about it.

I'll winge as much as I want about it. I enjoy winging about it. If you don't want to read me winging, there's a handy tool on the forum to put me on ignore.

20 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

They are doing a tv show.  Accept it.  There are going to be dragons and close escapes and over the top action sequences that require the "suspension of disbelief."

They're doing a TV show and badly at that. I accept it. I'll still winge about it.

23 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

Your suspension of disbelief is long gone.   I don't understand why you'd watch an episode at this point.

Yup it's long gone. I watch it for the occasional gem of meta-stuff. But you don't have to understand why I watch it. You'd have to just accept it that I watch and winge about it. 

24 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

I, truly, feel pity for anyone who calls themselves a fan of GoT that didn't walk away from that episode grinning.

Who says I wasn't grinning at certain things. There was some excellent meta-stuff in there. Heck, I watched it thrice. I gave it a 5, which is a good score from last season, and I gave epi 4 an 8.

22 minutes ago, Yoren Luck said:

See, to me it is not a question of the distance or the time.  Those are inconsistencies that I am willing to look past to enjoy the overall viewing experience.  It is the fact that the whole plot of the wight hunt felt contrived.  Dany and Jon could have just shot up there on a dragon to show Dany the real threat to Westeros if that plot point is so important for her to join in the fight.  She still could have lost a dragon in the process if they needed to get a dragon to the Night King.  Cersei is never going to buy that this is a threat.  She has an undead minion as her bodyguard ffs.  She'll probably muse about what it would take to form an alliance with the Night King before she would ever consider this an actual issue she had to deal with.  And for all that we know about Qyburn, he seems more than ready to try to facilitate such an alliance or at least explore how he is reanimating the dead, so to him this isn't going to look like a threat at all, but rather a curiosity that he could explore and learn from.  Compared to the real threat of Dany's armies and dragons, bringing an undead critter to Kings Landing and telling Cersei there are thousands of them north of the wall ready to attack is not going to change her mind.  If anything she would just brush it off and say well then its a good thing there is a wall between them and us.  Plus (and this is the important part) it was already established that the Lannisters are losing the war at the moment and need time to acquire sellsword armies to replenish the losses from the loot train battle and the lesser numbers they lost at Casterly Rock.  All dany had to do was offer an armistice and the Lannisters would have accepted, as this would have been the perfect opportunity for them the regroup and get their sellswords to Westeros.  And this is forgetting that fact that they could have also just as easily captured Jaime and Bronn after that battle and used them as leverage to arrange a meeting to negotiate an armistice rather than doing the wight hunt.  And Jorah could have had a two minute conversation with Samwell Tarly at the Citadel about the real threat to Westeros, and then confirmed this to Dany when they met later in the season at Dragonstone.  No wight hunt was needed.  The entire plot was drummed up to gift the Night King a dragon and they stretched the integrity of the story to do so in ways that made many viewers feel they went too far.

-not arguing about the success of the show.  It is well documented that this show is epic and the most popular on TV.  What I am saying, and many others, is that this part of the story feels forced and criticisms from viewers should be valid

THIS is a good summary of the big issues of this season

16 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

So, Jon goes on the idiot mission because Dany forces it due to her sticking to her lifelong dream first.  Then she gets the letter and she knows she has to help this Jon and......Jorah.......she has to.  So she sees that this AoD is unimaginable so she offers her army and drops the knee request......she knows this man, Jon Snow, now.......

Great tv.

Actually, it's implied that Jon goes to the wight mission to show he is brave--> cause he likes her (It was not his idea, and Tormund acknowledges they are not very smart going there, just brave and adventurous)

Jorah wanted to go there, and Jon decides he has to go.

And Dany confirms it in "Beyond the Wall". All these man, heroes....risky decisions.

The purpose of this season is having a bed scene.

3 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

No it doesn't. If I can predict 95% of what is going to happen in a movie or series within minutes for decades, I think I understand the medium quite well. My best friend's personal enjoyment is finding a series or movie where I'll not figure out the plot or misdirection within the first half hour.

Either it's teleporting or deliberately fudging.

It's ok for time to pass between scenes, but it must be done consistently and I want references. If they tell me in S3 it's 3 days sailing from thsi island to there, and if in S4 someone else or the same person makes that voyage and returns and then have a simultaneous scene mentioning "a week ago" taht's all fine by me. I know intelligent series who use time passing without fudging it. GOT ain't it, not anymore. Fudging is cheating. For we assume it's months here, but then only day there.

I'll winge as much as I want about it. I enjoy winging about it. If you don't want to read me winging, there's a handy tool on the forum to put me on ignore.

They're doing a TV show and badly at that. I accept it. I'll still winge about it.

Yup it's long gone. I watch it for the occasional gem of meta-stuff. But you don't have to understand why I watch it. You'd have to just accept it that I watch and winge about it. 

Who says I wasn't grinning at certain things. There was some excellent meta-stuff in there. Heck, I watched it thrice. I gave it a 5, which is a good score from last season, and I gave epi 4 an 8.

Bottom line is that if they were doing a bad tv show then it wouldn't be getting the scores it gets from the audience.

The market determines if they are doing a good or bad job.  It has already made this determination on GoT.

It is outstanding tv.  The market has spoken.

18 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

Oh...so your only credible argument is one that nobody denies or challenges you on?

Gotcha.

I think it's clear. Stated 4 times already.

I read some of the reviews of imdb....some people said that they were fans of Thrones and were heavily disappointed.

2 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

The wight plot was them doing something stupid because Dany/Cersie were being hardheaded.

That's all you have to accept.  They knew it was dumb and risky but Dany/Cersie wouldn't do a truce.  And I blame Dany here......and she redeemed herself this past episode.

In the show, Dany is being stubborn (forget Cersie) and she refuses to just abandon her life long goal (taking the Iron Throne) for this AoD.  She doesn't truy understand so she doesn't just day I'll do it.....I'll say forget my life long goal for now and fight this threat....instead she is stubborn.......but she is falling for Jon......she doesn't like this plan.......you can see it in her tone/face if you want to ....

Great tv.

Dany had already approved a meeting with Cersei to arrange a temporary truce before they went on the wight hunt.  That is why Davos and Tyrion went to Kings Landing and how Gendry got brought back into the fold.  Dany may not have believe this was the uber threat that Jon was selling it as, but she had definitely already agreed in principle to a truce with Cersei before they went to capture a wight.  Dany just knocked out the Lannister army.  They are not a threat at the moment.  Her agreeing to this truce was a huge plot development and it occurred before a wight was captured and before she saw the army of the dead.

Cersei needs a truce to replenish her armies and navies.  This was well established in the show in the scenes with Tycho Nestoris from the Iron Bank.  She needs a truce more than Dany does and one wight plucked from north of a wall that has stood for thousands of years is not going to convince her that the Night King is real and is the uber threat.  This is not in line with her character at all.  She would accept a temporary truce with Dany at this point regardless the terms, provided she doesn't relinquish the throne.  And no part of this wight hunt strategy suggests they are going to make that part of the deal.

So this is not a question of whether Dany and Cersei would do a truce or are too stubborn to convince that it is in their best interest.  Both had already agreed to it before they went on the wight hunt and would have still agreed to it without capturing a wight as show and tell.  It is a question of whether Dany would commit her armies wholeheartedly to fighting the Night King, and whether Cersei would do the same.  A quick dialogue with Jorah and Samwell about the real threat, and then a quick dialogue with Jorah and Dany to confirm Jon's assertions is all that should have been needed for her to be 100% committed. If not, then a quick flight up north with Jon would do the truck.  A quick dialogue with Tyrion and Varys is all that should have been needed to confirm to Dany that Cersei is never going to agree to fight alongside them because she is mad with power, and at best will only agree to a temporary armistice.  

At this point in the story, Dany, Jon, Tyrion, and everyone else on team Dany has no idea Cersei has designs to hire sellswords, so the strength of Cersei's forces is really only Euron's navy and what is left of the Lannister army.  Tyrion (for all his intellect) should be deducing that Cersei's only hope of defeating them is to hire sellswords, and should be meeting with the Iron Bank to undercut their plans.  Hell, I would have bought this plot line 100% if the idea was to get a wight to the Iron Bank to convince them to bring the sellswords to Dany's side to fight the real threat rather than to the Lannisters.  

The whole point of this wight hunt is a plot convenience, to get the Night King a dragon and get a lot of major characters together in Kings Landing at the same time.  It is not clever, it is not logical, it is full of holes and inconsistencies.  It is not great TV and could have been done any number of ways differently to still get the same desired effects without having to suspend belief.

10 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

I also liked some parts of the episode. I think the scene when Viserion dies was so moving and incredibly well-done given it was CGI and the dragons (him and Drogon mourning his brother) portrayed a lot of emotions. I even cried when he was shot and dying.

And the meta stuff was interesting.

3 hours ago, John Meta said:

If you think that is bad, you should watch the Lord of the Rings. Frodo Baggins makes it from the Shire all the way to Mount Doom in about 5 hours. I know because I looked at the clock when he was leaving the Shire and it was 5pm. When he arrived at Mount Doom two movies later, I looked at it was 10pm. It was then I knew that all timing continuity in movies was out the window.

HAR!  That was amusing, made me chuckle.

But in my opinion, some things are minor, and some things are not, in my opinion.

And problems of this nature which bring the viewer out of the immersive experience in a jarring way are not minor, in my opinion.

Everyone has a different threshold, and I get that, but I really believe this is a fairly major issue, and not just in my mind.

At this point, I've seen a number of articles addressing it (nationwide, and perhaps worldwide, too), and my understanding is that there has been enough fan dissatisfaction with what happened that people involved with the show's production have actually had to address it (indeed, I'm pretty sure there's another thread right here, right now, on that very subject, with a lengthy quote)

In my strong opinion, if the showrunners had it to over, I think they would do it differently, especially since it would have been SO EASY to avoid this controversy (the posts in this thread contain many suggestions for how it could have been done simply and easily with minor changes to the script before filming began.  Most notably, to me, would have been to just have a scene where Dany is expressing worry about Jorah and Jon in particular, so she flies north to Eastwatch just in case she is needed, then decides to do a little patrolling for some further exploring, and then oh, gee whadda know, isn't that GENDRY, just a few miles south of where he left Jon & Company??  Oh, yes it is!) 

11 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Actually, it's implied that Jon goes to the wight mission to show he is brave--> cause he likes her (It was not his idea, and Tormund acknowledges they are not very smart going there, just brave and adventurous)

Jorah wanted to go there, and Jon decides he has to go.

And Dany confirms it in "Beyond the Wall". All these man, heroes....risky decisions.

The purpose of this season is having a bed scene.

Dany is comes off very entitled early but she softens each episode.  It works.

In the end, she flat out states that she won't just abandon the throne to Cersie to fight some mythical threat she doesn't fully understand.  She would do it with a truce in place.  I mean, these are the spoken reasons given by the character in the show.

They go to the wall because Dany won't commit without a truce with Cersie first.  Her reasons for this hardline stance are understandable.  She's spent the entire series trying to get home to take the IT.  And.....now....this crap?  Poor Dany. What to do?

Then we have Jon Snow, he should just bend the knee and secure the alliance.  But, can he trust Dany?  Will he lose the North in doing so?  Will she just order him to risk his men taking helping her take the IT?  Poor Jon.  What to do?

In the end they force themselves into a corner out of stubbornness.....but they have reasonable reasons for this stubbornness.  They spend six seasons setting this up......their mindsets.

Then we get the big moment.  Dany sees that she's been stubborn.  Jon sees that he's been stubborn.  She even said that she had to see to know.  Well, he's seen her too and he knows she's good.

She drops the demand to bend the knee for her support and he says she's his Queen after not being forced to.

It is great.  All of it was believable.

5 hours ago, Lord Okra said:

People who subject themselves to stimuli that causes them to complain constantly have issues.

Seriously.

:rofl:

3 hours ago, Lord Okra said:

The entire forum is not the rant without repercussion section.

It just feels that way due to every topic being infested with relentless whinging.

:lol:

50 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

Accept it or don't but please stop whinging about it.

They are doing a tv show.  Accept it.

:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Lord Okra said:

People who find that something annoys them but continue to subject themselves to it voluntarily have issues imo.  It isn't a healthy behavior pattern.

:lmao:

So -- why are you still here participating on this thread incessantly whinging for hours about the whingers?  I'm concerned that voluntarily exposing yourself to this thread and this forum might be bad for your mental health, honestly.  Maybe try the forum 'watchers on the wall' -- most of them are unflappably cheery enough to satisfy your exacting standards, regardless of how many bowls of shit, literal figurative and meta-, the D's regurgitate for our consumption, and dutifully write their consistently glowing appraisals of the shoddy writing in impressively pristine and intelligent prose.  Given that the D's writing is getting progressively worse instead of better, the criticism is unlikely to abate over here, however, no matter how much you complain.  Fact.  So if your aim is truly (;)) to avoid negativity, maybe you should avoid those you've labelled as too negative for your purportedly delicate millennial constitution.  I'm a person of solutions and I'm just trying to help.  

The show used to have gravitas; now it's just corny.  It used to make me cry; now it makes me wince.  I used to care about the characters; now when they fall into a body of water I'm strangely unconcerned!  The problems with the show's writing cannot be reduced to a question of the audience's suspension of disbelief and failure to come to terms with the scope of the genre.  GRRM's imaginatively developed fantasy world has an internally consistent logical framework, which is actually quite dazzling in its depth, and surprisingly disciplined in breadth, the more you get into it, as befits the mind of someone who almost became a chess grand master.  If you don't appreciate that, you have never examined his books in any critical detail.  The logical flaw in your argument lies in assuming that being thoughtfully critical of a work of art, instead of superficially complacent, diminishes ones experience instead of enriching it.  Generally, I love the show -- when an episode is excellent, like 'The Spoils of War', I commend it accordingly (I gave it a 9 out of 10; it would have received a 10, had it not been for the ridiculously corny deus ex Bronnina saving Jaime from a sure fiery and/or watery end in the last possible moment); when an episode is weak, however, like the one we just saw, 'Beyond the Wall,' then it should not get the same high score.  Tellingly, it's the first episode ever, in all seven seasons, that I haven't wanted to watch in its entirety more than once.

3 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

Bottom line is that if they were doing a bad tv show then it wouldn't be getting the scores it gets from the audience.

The market determines if they are doing a good or bad job.  It has already made this determination on GoT.

It is outstanding tv.  The market has spoken.

As a marketed product, it's a success in number of viewers.

Bottom line is that they're doing a bad tv show when it comes to smart storytelling, which is my personal standard of anything I watch or read. That is my prerogative to determine, no matter what the rest of the world thinks of it. Black Sails never got the viewer ratings than GOT has had, but it's my number one series dethroning Rome and I Claudius of the 80s. GOT appeared to be at that level for me the first 3 seasons, but became dumber and more nonsensical per season afterwards. Oh, and D&D themselves wanted to make GOT to be like Rome, which was such an undervalued series that it got cancelled. According to your argument D&D use a show as their standard to emulate that was not a market success. Hmmmm.

5 minutes ago, Yoren Luck said:

Dany had already approved a meeting with Cersei to arrange a temporary truce before they went on the wight hunt.  That is why Davos and Tyrion went to Kings Landing and how Gendry got brought back into the fold.  Dany may not have believe this was the uber threat that Jon was selling it as, but she had definitely already agreed in principle to a truce with Cersei before they went to capture a wight.  Dany just knocked out the Lannister army.  They are not a threat at the moment.  Her agreeing to this truce was a huge plot development and it occurred before a wight was captured and before she saw the army of the dead.

Cersei needs a truce to replenish her armies and navies.  This was well established in the show in the scenes with Tycho Nestoris from the Iron Bank.  She needs a truce more than Dany does and one wight plucked from north of a wall that has stood for thousands of years is not going to convince her that the Night King is real and is the uber threat.  This is not in line with her character at all.  She would accept a temporary truce with Dany at this point regardless the terms, provided she doesn't relinquish the throne.  And no part of this wight hunt strategy suggests they are going to make that part of the deal.

So this is not a question of whether Dany and Cersei would do a truce or are too stubborn to convince that it is in their best interest.  Both had already agreed to it before they went on the wight hunt and would have still agreed to it without capturing a wight as show and tell.  It is a question of whether Dany would commit her armies wholeheartedly to fighting the Night King, and whether Cersei would do the same.  A quick dialogue with Jorah and Samwell about the real threat, and then a quick dialogue with Jorah and Dany to confirm Jon's assertions is all that should have been needed for her to be 100% committed. If not, then a quick flight up north with Jon would do the truck.  A quick dialogue with Tyrion and Varys is all that should have been needed to confirm to Dany that Cersei is never going to agree to fight alongside them because she is mad with power, and at best will only agree to a temporary armistice.  

At this point in the story, Dany, Jon, Tyrion, and everyone else on team Dany has no idea Cersei has designs to hire sellswords, so the strength of Cersei's forces is really only Euron's navy and what is left of the Lannister army.  Tyrion (for all his intellect) should be deducing that Cersei's only hope of defeating them is to hire sellswords, and should be meeting with the Iron Bank to undercut their plans.  Hell, I would have bought this plot line 100% if the idea was to get a wight to the Iron Bank to convince them to bring the sellswords to Dany's side to fight the real threat rather than to the Lannisters.  

The whole point of this wight hunt is a plot convenience, to get the Night King a dragon and get a lot of major characters together in Kings Landing at the same time.  It is not clever, it is not logical, it is full of holes and inconsistencies.  It is not great TV and could have been done any number of ways differently to still get the same desired effects without having to suspend belief.

I haven't had to suspend my disbelief.

Jon wants the entire realm's forces.  Dany sees that if she is the only one to take her army north then she'd be leaving the south wide open.  They'll be asking for not only a truce but all the armies of all the kingdoms at the meeting.

It is beyond a truce request really.  But it doesn't matter now, Dany is in.

6 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I also liked some parts of the episode. I think the scene when Viserion dies was so moving and incredibly well-done given it was CGI and the dragons (him and Drogon mourning his brother) portrayed a lot of emotions. I even cried when he was shot and dying.

And the meta stuff was interesting.

Yeah. I cursed those damn dragons for getting center stage and direwolves being treated by D&D the way they are, but I had nothing but empathy for Viserion's death. The poor thing. His death scene was very well done. And his broken body was heartbreaking. Kindof felt - at least he's getting another life. I was spoiled too and actually looking forward to the wighting of Viserion. Stupid chains just ripped me out of the moment. I could have totally done without that.

12 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

So -- why are you still participating on this thread incessantly whinging for hours about the whingers?  

The show used to have gravitas; now it's just corny.  It used to make me cry; now it makes me wince.  I used to care about the characters; now when they fall into a body of water I'm strangely unconcerned!  

This is the GoT forum.  Why are you here whinging about a show you that makes you wince?  You are here to make fun of the show.

That's your purpose.

I am here to discuss the show I love.

You are attacking it, I'm defending it.

One of us is on the episode forum of the show they love talking about how good it is.  One of us is on the episode forum of a show they don't like, poo pooing it.

You feelin like a winner?

You going to watch your hated show next week?

L

7 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Yeah. I cursed those damn dragons for getting center stage and direwolves being treated by D&D the way they are, but I had nothing but empathy for Viserion's death. The poor thing. His death scene was very well done. And his broken body was heartbreaking. Kindof felt - at least he's getting another life. I was spoiled too and actually looking forward to the wighting of Viserion. Stupid chains just ripped me out of the moment. I could have totally done without that.

Yeah, I kind of appreciated that they gave him a heroic scene and proper death scene (if only Benjen's had also been as good), although he deserved more. I also prefer the direwolves, but I love the dragons as well, and we had seen him since he was a little lizard. Now I won't see him as the same dragon, but I was also kind of thrilled with the spoiler of him being a wight. I said to myself, at least a proper death scene, and it happened.

However, I thought the wight scene would be better,I was loooking forward to how would it be....It's a great twist after all. but Felt like when Daeneerys was leaving Meereen, everything was great until Varys appeared, the chains had the same weird effect.

Archived