Okay, NOW Have We Seen The Most Wildly Unrealistic Thing Ever on GoT???

1 hour ago, McAssey said:

I guess Dragonstone and Casterly Rock.  Which she can easily recapture if and when they win the fight against the NK.

Yeah, I suppose Dany currently holds Casterly Rock, too.

I'm not sure what Grey Worm has been up to for a while, though.  I guess I've been assuming the vast majority of the Unsullied started back across Westeros on land a while ago, since their ships were burned, leaving a relatively small force to defend Casterly Rock (which they might actually be able to do, since the Lannister, Tarly, and Frey armies are all pretty much wiped out)

Sometimes it can be hard for us to judge these things for sure, when we are given so little information.  How many Lannister soldiers DO Jaime and Cersei have?  Where are they?  Were any left at Highgarden?  Are some still in King's Landing?

Still, though, I think it's clear the main bulk of them have been wiped out.

2 minutes ago, Wildling Queen said:

That would be...rather frightening to imagine using in any sensitive area. lol

No kidding.  

I have this spot under my chin that is super sensitive.  I always seem to nick myself there.  

wait...  is that not what you meant?

Just now, RedShirt47 said:

Season one had time for world building and character building. We're in end-game now. The show has very limited time especially as we have fewer episodes per season. Of course I'd rather they had more budget and resources to have more episodes but they don't.

They're prioritising story over logistics and I'm fine with that. It's their artistic license to do so. Limiting the story to fit annoying logistics would be more realistic but less interesting.

Except they go against the character that was built up to this day to fit and serve the story (Jaime,...), making no sense in the process whatsoever. That is the problem, not the lack of character building; I get that - it is end game after all. The problems run even deeper and has been thoroughly debated in this and other threads.

It is their artistic license to do so, yes. But at the same time they're gonna get their decisions, their artistic license debated/criticized.

In hopes to clarify what I mean, the following is the best description of the show I've read lately:

On 8. 8. 2017 at 10:00 PM, Ser Didymus said:

the books were all about the journey, NOT the destination.

the show is ONLY about the destination, without giving a second thought to the journey (metaphorical or otherwise).

a series of visually extravagant scenes without any true meaning... strung together with pointless dialogue delivered by characters whose motivations and emotions change to fit the moment.  but i have to admit, that is one fine looking dragon.

6 hours ago, Cron said:

I've done some looking into this issue, and from what I understand the amount of time it takes for a body of water to freeze depends largely on (a) the temperature outside, (b) whether it's sunny or cloudy, and (c) whether it is snowing or not.  And even then, of course, the times are different depending on how thick the ice we are talking about is.

In this case, it seems to me that the ice could have frozen enough for the wight army to walk across in perhaps 2 days or less.

On the other hand, of course, IF it took an entire week, then that raises other serious problems, such as questions about how Jon & Company survived under such conditions for so long, especially with no fire and presumably very little food or water in sub-zero temperatures, and without even any hats, no less.

I am pretty sure the information you gathered does not take into account that the White Walkers bring the cold with them and that they can manipulate ice. 

Off topic just to clarify/add something relating whores of Westeros and their looks. Ancient Egyptians were crazy on shaving themselves, especially priests. They shaved EVERYTHING, from top to bottom (eyebrows, pubic hairs,..). So I guess it's not, at least technology-wise, impossible to have people shaved completely, it's just a matter of 'culture'.

I think the same goes for ancient Greeks and even some prostitutes in medieval Europe - lice problem was a big problem back in the days :D

32 minutes ago, plastic throne said:

Except they go against the character that was built up to this day to fit and serve the story (Jaime,...), making no sense

Now that's a separate criticism, and one I can agree more with. The complaint I'm discussing here is the logistics of telling a story spread over such a large geographical area. I don't see it as a major issue that Gendry made it to the wall in a few hours, meh...

When characters start doing things just to fit the story rather then it is bad writing.

3 hours ago, darmody said:

You mean Gendry's run back to Eastwatch required more than a day? That would explain why it took so long for him to see the Wall. Unfortunately, it makes the whole thing more ridiculous.

It extends the total time beyond most people's reckoning. Worse, it means a Southern boy who'd never even seen snow let alone been beyond the Wall--nor so far as we know has much outdoor experience, or any skill at tracking or camping--made a multi-day trek across a frozen tundra on foot with no map or guidance beyond his memory of the trip out there. Most of it in the dark. 

He probably would have fallen dead after 20 minutes in reality. 

yeah I know... 

I'm trying to forget about that... There are more important things to discuss about... PLease... Like Beric's lane "You don't look like your father" (Ned? Rhaegar?)... Or The conversation between Jon, Missandei, and Davos talking about Jon being a bastard... Or the fact that the NK saw Bran's Ravens... And also where the NK was when Bran saw him and he also saw Bran (episode 5)? He was exactly where Jon and Co were... Maybe it was a plan... Maybe the NIght King set a trap to capture a dragon... Because they were just there waiting staring at each other (Jon&Co and the Wights)... He is more intelligent ... He could have killed Jon&Co within Minutes...

Instead you keep on arguing about the fact that two ravens made love on their way to Dragonstone and Gendry was running like a true c*nt but finally made it to Eastwatch... How can Gendry alone + unarmed survived there? There were no more wights on his way? Is that what they want me to believe? I think the NK was behind all of this... He could have easily killed Jon and Co, but they were just there, looking at Beric saying "You should kill that one (pointing the NK)" :lol:I would have never had the guts to do such a thing! Pointing the NK and he is there looking at me????? Clearly, the NK was waiting for something else... Once he hit the dragon, he got on his horse, turned away and headed to the Blacksmith to forge the chains... Crazy? Yes!

Really... It is not that Important... I know it is not good because GoT is supposed to be above average and that episode was like all those average TV series... I know... But...:dunno:

15 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

Yes. That's exactly what people are asking for.  Shedloads (?) or travel monologues, just like what we got with Arya and the Hound.

:rolleyes:

It is the basic stuff of epics no? Epics are voyage stories. Just take LotR: it starts with hobbits in the shire all the way to Mount Doom (the long way round, no less). One of the oldest epics: Odysseus. Guess what the characters do, most of the time, travel from place to place by ship. 60-70% is travelogue, while 30-40 are battles and sieges or an adventure at one of the locations the characters make a stop-over.

What was most appreciated by viewers of this episode - the M7 interaction, which was a travelogue section.   

2 hours ago, Cron said:

"They had something"?

What do you mean, that someone was carrying something, and you don't know what it was?

If so, who was carrying it, and what did it look like?  Shape? Size?

Something like a sled? Before they saw the wights and captured one... I saw them with something like a sled... But then, it disappeared... I don't understand... It was covered... Any points about that? On the 5th or 6th minute, when Joar Mormont and Jon are talking, you can see in the back that 2 of them are carrying?if I can say it like that? a sled... 

Plus The hound has a bag... What 's in there?? Food? 

5 hours ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

Did he freeze to death? Or his wounds took him? Maybe he had fulfill hs mission ...-_-

Well, when the Hound said that it was "one of the better ways to go" I presumed he meant freezing rather than being mauled by a dead bear. 

Remember The scene in episode 5...

Bran was at the God's Woods with the maester and was using the ravens to spy the Wights...

Those raven flew from Winterfell to where the Night King was within "seconds?" Maybe minutes... Maybe more... We don't know right? But I think they were trying to show us something... Maybe that the Night King has good anti-viruses :lol: and also to show us the distance or the time ravens can take to carry a message... Think about that... Plus, who said it took less than a day? It took them days... Obviously, they should have died... Especially for people who have never been that North... Clegane has been to Winterfell... But Beric, I don't know... Jorah is a northerner... And Gendry, who has never been north is the one they sent back to eastwatch ... Trying to get rid or trying to keep him safe? :dunno:

LOL, Yeah, bran hopefully wasn't skinchanging for 24 hours. I guess he has nothing better to do. lol. Thanks for reminding me, I did look at that scene again, and it really doesn't say where the army was... The ravens didn't seem to fly over forest at all. Mostly over rocky terrain and mountains. A tundra. LOL its getting me that I have no clue where they were on a map lol

13 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

It is the basic stuff of epics no? Epics are voyage stories. Just take LotR: it starts with hobbits in the shire all the way to Mount Doom (the long way round, no less). One of the oldest epics: Odysseus. Guess what the characters do, most of the time, travel from place to place by ship. 60-70% is travelogue, while 30-40 are battles and sieges or an adventure at one of the locations the characters make a stop-over.

What was most appreciated by viewers of this episode - the M7 interaction, which was a travelogue section.   

Oh, I agree. I was being sarcastic because people almost universally enjoyed the scenes where Arya and the Hound were traveling.  The same with Jamie and Brienne. 

1 hour ago, The Chequered Raven said:

Well, did anyone asks the question, why the water was NOT frozen initially?

Why the hell was there thin ice in a land where it's cold all day and night...???
for me, THAT is the mother of all plotholes

Yeah! I also asked myself that question...! I mean that place was first seen with Bran's vision... In episode 5... When The NK saw Bran through the raven... He was standing exactly where Jon&Co were... That little island... I thought maybe it was a trap... I really do... And the NK could have easily killed them all ... But instead, he just sat there on his horse looking at Beric pointing him... Really? Clearly I think he wanted something else... he was waiting for something else... It sounds crazy I know... But I don't see another explaination...

I never heard of anyone in the show saying that Gendry made it there in a day...

True enough. I just said a day to make it somewhat plausible. He wasn't running for days was he? Or did you mean hours? If its hours then the Watch should see his army from the wall and there is no Haunted Forest.

5 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

Oh, I agree. I was being sarcastic because people almost universally enjoyed the scenes where Arya and the Hound were traveling.  The same with Jamie and Brienne. 

I know... I was adding to your argument :)

8 minutes ago, ramla said:

LOL, Yeah, bran hopefully wasn't skinchanging for 24 hours. I guess he has nothing better to do. lol. Thanks for reminding me, I did look at that scene again, and it really doesn't say where the army was... The ravens didn't seem to fly over forest at all. Mostly over rocky terrain and mountains. A tundra. LOL its getting me that I have no clue where they were on a map lol

Good question... They were exactly where Jon&Co were... Take a look at it again... The NK is on the island exactly where Jon and Co were... Correct me If I'm wrong... But I think it might be a trap set by the NK to get a Dragon... It would explained why they already had the chains... I mean maybe they have Blacksmith in the army of the dead?:laugh:

Archived