Okay, NOW Have We Seen The Most Wildly Unrealistic Thing Ever on GoT???

Timing not really that big a deal.

They walked a couple hours north, and going north is always uphill (it is known). Gendry runs double time (downhill) back to Eastwatch, sends a raven, that takes a day. Dany flies back on dragons (faster than ravens), Gendry told her about where they were and she finds them. It's reasonable that the suicide squad was on that rock for 36ish hrs, Long enough for Thoros to die...

4 minutes ago, Hol Horse said:

The episode was fine... If you don't think about it... Or anything... At all. Stop thinking.

thats the point. If you are watching a James Bond Movie you already prepared fot things... If you are watching  XxX,  Fast and Furious or Sharknado, you are already assuming that stupid and nonsensical things are the norm.... If they have started like that it would have be fine. But to start a series with a group of norms and logic and just throw everything away is really frustrating...

Chill out

The show clearly tries to tell you that the pacing as the seasons progress increase. We have not reach the point in the show where the main characters have visit many places at once.

The book doesn't have this problem because GRRM has included A LOT OF filler. Without a doubt, a lot of the events withe dragon, traveling through the north like in this episode will be in the book as well. However, in the book GRRM will show Aegon fighting along with Dorne/Reach against the Lannisters. If the show were to introduce that type of filler, people would go ape(*** crazy.

With that said, I do agree, I think they should have let Dany go to the north with them and stay by the Wall, just to make it a bit easier to digest. I understand a lot of people on this forum get aroused whenever they see an opportunity to criticize the show.

1 hour ago, Henderson59 said:

Don't desperately defend the show.  GOT is supposed to be a higher standard than these other crap shows on tv.  The writers and plots are supposed to be intelligent.  They're just getting lazy.

I wouldn't call saying it a tv show is desperate by any means nor am I defending it... but at the end of the day, it IS a tv show if you like it or not. 

1 hour ago, HoldTheDoorHodor said:

Well it IS a tv show. I'm sure westeros is smaller than we imagine. 

I agree with you about it being a TV show but westero's is actually bigger then we think. The land beyond the wall is actually the size of canada according to G.R.R.M and if you look at a map of westeros the land beyond the wall is far smaller then most of the other kingdoms.

55 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Is this a trick a question? :P

I would like to believe that the Night's King knew that Dany was coming, that's why he held off killing those blokes. Maybe, just like the red priests, he's got some way of seeing the future, a palantir or something. But that still leaves the problem of hypothermia, dehydration and starvation for those people. Maybe Beric would be ok, seeing that he is a sort of wight himself, and not sure about Jon. But the others should have been dead.

So it was NK's trap to catch a dragon? 

There are two things that we don't know.  How far they really went and we don't know haw fast dragons could fly. I imagine they go far faster then birds. And While I agree a raven would not have reached them in time it is possible that they spent a few days on that island thing.
 That might help a bit.

I do agree that it was a bit much.

1 minute ago, snow is the man said:

There are two things that we don't know.  How far they really went and we don't know haw fast dragons could fly. I imagine they go far faster then birds. And While I agree a raven would not have reached them in time it is possible that they spent a few days on that island thing.
 That might help a bit.

I do agree that it was a bit much.

They were closer to the wall than Crasters keep is.

they spend about 3 days on that island/rock 

it is possible but a stretch 

Just now, Northern Pride said:

"Hey boys, go fetch me some chains to lift the big ass dead dragon out of this lake. There should be some lying around somewhere close in this desolate land."

Yeah I was sitting there going "four gigantic chains really" Couldn't the night king just turned the dragon while it was under water and have it climb out of the water. would have been an awesome scene having him raise his arms like he did before at hard home and then have the dragons break through the ice and crawl out of the water. Would have been awesome and avoided the ridiculousness.

7 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Yeah I was sitting there going "four gigantic chains really" Couldn't the night king just turned the dragon while it was under water and have it climb out of the water. would have been an awesome scene having him raise his arms like he did before at hard home and then have the dragons break through the ice and crawl out of the water. Would have been awesome and avoided the ridiculousness.

Maybe water is not good for them either like fire.

3 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

Maybe water is not good for them either like fire.

the wights or the white walkers.

The white walkers we don't know much about them so maybe but I meant he stayed outside the water and raised his arms bringing it back to life. I don't see the wights having a problem with it since we have seen them in water at hardhome and been fine. They might sink but that wasn't a big body of water so you could probably crawl up the side.

I laughed out loud at how they needed to wait for water to re-freeze again. The temperature around the WW is supposed to be extremely cold. Even if NK is not Captain Cold who could re-freeze the lake with a cold gun in a few seconds, there is no way that that little hole would remain unfrozen all by itself for that long. Not to mention NK had an apparently reliable long range weapon (if he can hit a flying dragon from that range with that super-spear, he can totally spend the three days chucking a few at the ~10 people he feels are important enough to surround with his entire army and wait out. And don't even start with the "limited ammo" excuse. That spear is totally just a big icicle, and he is beside a lake of water that is freezing, he could easily make more of them. 

Archived