Littlefinger's Game

Joshy

3 hours ago, Joshy said:

It looks like Littlefinger's game is working. Arya and Sansa are at each other's throats, and Sansa feels like she needs him more than ever. Yep, ol' Petyr is playing those two like a fiddle.

I think it is interesting that Arya brought up the game that she used to play and her ability to detect lies. I think that she knows that Sansa was telling the truth. I think she knows that Sansa was forced to write the letter, but she is angry at her sister for being so weak. I'm not sure where the two sisters stand now.

Brienne tried to warn Sansa that she wasn't safe with Littlefinger, but Sansa is practically in another abusive relationship now. She trusts Littlefinger more than anyone, because she has seen how well he plays the game, and she believes that the only way to win is to outsmart everyone, the way that Littlefinger does.

Yes, LF managed to get Sansa to come to him for help (AGAIN) willingly.

If I knew how to start a poll it would be How Stupid Is Sansa?.  And the whole "abusive relationship" totally.

1 minute ago, Pecan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we saw Arya and Littlefinger in the same scene this week did we? 

We did not. What if Arya killed him already and that conversation with Littlefinger and Sansa was actually Arya? I don't think it is but what if. LittleArya just dared Sansa to have Brienne kill Arya and Sansa pretty much agreed.

25 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

Yes.  But I came to realize watching this episode that they are playing two separate games. 

Sansa sent Brienne to KL for a specific reason:  To protect Arya.  She was floating a trial balloon when she had the discussion about whether Brienne would protect her from an Arya attack.  She got enough to know that this is his plan.

Also, I believe that Arya means to use LF's face, and this is what she was driving home when she told Sansa she could wear her face, all she has to do is take it.

I like this. At first I was worried when LF mentioned Brienne and her devotion. I thought oh no Sansa's going to have Arya killed :angry:. I was worried until the end too & didn't hear that scene too well due to my dogs so I'll barking but I thought it Arya going to kill Sansa. I do think however that Arya's handing over the blade is in effect letting her know how she can kill him.

I have come to believe that D&D are trolling fans with the Arya/Sansa business.  I still believe Arya is gaming LF and this is all acting on her part.  But D&D won't put any rational indication of the game onscreen.  If the audience can't figure it out until it's explained to them, then it's an awful mystery.  I can absolutely say that Arya is 100% out of character right now, which is why I still believe she's acting all this out.

As I wrote in another post, I also think Sansa is gaming LF herself, independently of Arya.  That whole conversation about Arya being a threat....she knows Arya won't hurt her, and she specifically sent Brienne away not so that Brienne can't prevent her from taking out Arya, but so that LF couldn't use his manipulative skills to turn Brienne on Arya.

Sansa isn't going to have Arya offed.  She doesn't quite understand Arya, but she has seen enough of LF's ruses to know Arya is up to a game and Sansa isn't the target.

1 minute ago, Mikkel said:

We did not.

Okay, so one possibility is that LF is already dead and Arya has his face.

It's also possible that LF is still alive and playing the game. If so, it could be that the invite to King's Landing was planted by Arya to get Brienne out of Winterfell because she figured out that LF was going to have her killed (and probably Pod too). If this is the case, Brienne could very well be hanging out in Winter Town somewhere, laying low. 

5 minutes ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

We did not. What if Arya killed him already and that conversation with Littlefinger and Sansa was actually Arya? I don't think it is but what if. LittleArya just dared Sansa to have Brienne kill Arya and Sansa pretty much agreed.

I LIKE this theory.  That would be awesome.  Alas, though, I think Sansa will make the decision that LittleFinger is put on waivers, with the understanding that his face would be available at any time he was needed.....

4 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

I LIKE this theory.  That would be awesome.  Alas, though, I think Sansa will make the decision that LittleFinger is put on waivers, with the understanding that his face would be available at any time he was needed.....

It would be very awesome. But yes as concluded not the case. I firmly believe that Arya is playing a game with Sansa....and Baelish is the pawn. I think people forget Arya is pretty smart not just a trained killer.

19 minutes ago, DirePenguin said:

Sansa sending Brienne away tho. Exact opposite of what LF suggested. Maybe, and hopefully, something is going on.

Was it? What did he suggest? That Sansa use Brienne to kill Arya?! Brienne would never do that.

5 hours ago, AryaWaifMe said:

I think Arya is in on it, and moving around both of them like pawns. I don't think she trained for several seasons just to immediately get outwitted and played

What exactly in her training makes her a master manipulator?

as far as I remember her training mainly consisted of sweeping floors and learning to fight.

3 hours ago, Illiterati said:

Yes.  But I came to realize watching this episode that they are playing two separate games. 

Sansa sent Brienne to KL for a specific reason:  To protect Arya.  She was floating a trial balloon when she had the discussion about whether Brienne would protect her from an Arya attack.  She got enough to know that this is his plan.

Also, I believe that Arya means to use LF's face, and this is what she was driving home when she told Sansa she could wear her face, all she has to do is take it.

This really makes no sense.

why should she care for Arya's protection?

and why should she send away the only person that is sworn only to her?

if anything, she sent her away because she is sworn to protect both both Stark girls, and Sansa don't want her to interfere when she does whatever needs to be done about Arya.

Why are people here siding with Sansa?

She knows what LF is capable of,he killed joffrey,killed Lysa and sold here to the boltons and yet he's become her confidante and advisor.

LF made his motives clear to Sansa,him on the iron throne and her beside him ,this means the end of jon snow.

I think arya knows what sansa wants,which is to be the lady of winterfell and queen in the north and thats why she's giving her a hard time.

Sansa suffered alot but her personality didn't change,she's still selfish and arya is figuring it out.

I don't think anything major will happen,sansa will learn her lesson and all this plotline will go up i smoke.

17 minutes ago, Ari27 said:

What exactly in her training makes her a master manipulator?

as far as I remember her training mainly consisted of sweeping floors and learning to fight.

She had to learn about watching and listening to people.

She had to learn how to kill a man who was surrounded by guards and she had to plan it carefully through a very smart strategy. She made it only after a lot of time spent watching and studying him and his habits.

She had to be able to provide information every day.

Furthermore, she came in possess of the ability of being no-one using different faces. If you would have different faces and had to spy on someone, would you do it by wearing your face?

So, actually it seems that Arya is outsmarted by LF, but the way it is done sound like bad scripts (also the attitude of Arya is very different from the one she used to have before arriving in Westeros).

Maybe it's not bad writing and D&D are just playing the "surprise" card... but I don't think so now. I believe that they just dulled Arya, making her become as flat as the worst super-hero and that the turning point will be based on "the pack wins" in some way.

20 minutes ago, ERRI8013 said:

She had to learn about watching and listening to people.

She had to learn how to kill a man who was surrounded by guards and she had to plan it carefully through a very smart strategy. She made it only after a lot of time spent watching and studying him and his habits.

She had to be able to provide information every day.

Furthermore, she came in possess of the ability of being no-one using different faces. If you would have different faces and had to spy on someone, would you do it by wearing your face?

So, actually it seems that Arya is outsmarted by LF, but the way it is done sound like bad scripts (also the attitude of Arya is very different from the one she used to have before arriving in Westeros).

Maybe it's not bad writing and D&D are just playing the "surprise" card... but I don't think so now. I believe that they just dulled Arya, making her become as flat as the worst super-hero and that the turning point will be based on "the pack wins" in some way.

If what you say is correct and then it is bad writing to blame.

Archived