Littlefinger's Game

Joshy

It looks like Littlefinger's game is working. Arya and Sansa are at each other's throats, and Sansa feels like she needs him more than ever. Yep, ol' Petyr is playing those two like a fiddle.

I think it is interesting that Arya brought up the game that she used to play and her ability to detect lies. I think that she knows that Sansa was telling the truth. I think she knows that Sansa was forced to write the letter, but she is angry at her sister for being so weak. I'm not sure where the two sisters stand now.

Brienne tried to warn Sansa that she wasn't safe with Littlefinger, but Sansa is practically in another abusive relationship now. She trusts Littlefinger more than anyone, because she has seen how well he plays the game, and she believes that the only way to win is to outsmart everyone, the way that Littlefinger does.

I agree I think Littlefinger's day are number he is playing but I think he is also underestimating his opponent.  Plus there was something in the Arya/Sansa exchange about how Arya talked about being anyone and talking like them sounding like them.  She has faces at her disposal, I thinking that Littlefinger has been talking and she has been listening.  She is playing Littlefinger and she needs Sansa to be convincing so she is not letting her in on it.

It will be a giant let down if all of this Sansa vs. Arya is nothing but smoke.  I want those girls to be at each other's throats.  One has to die, soon.

Arya is actually right.  And Baelish didn't lie here.  Those were Sansa's words.  Sansa is a selfish person who will put her family in danger to save her own skin. 

And to the folks saying this is unlike Arya.  Think again.  Her haters (such as myself) have been saying all along that the girl is very sick.  Mentally speaking, Arya is sick.  Collecting faces!  C'mon, Arya fans.  No more excuses, please.  The girl is insane.

I don't really understand Arya's motives. Up until this season she was pretty much Bruce Wayne in "Batman begins", but when she returned home it seemed completely out of context.

she trained and suffered all of this to come home and do nothing?

her main skills are killing people, her "list" is her life, why the hell is she at winterfell?

15 minutes ago, Ari27 said:

Do people here still think it's the sisters playing a game on littlefinger?

If so they sure are hiding it well. I like to think at least Arya is smarter than that, but she has a lot of anger, and it might be clouding her mind. Sansa was always kinda stupid about Littlefinger, and I'm not sure if she has managed to see through his bullshit yet. I will say that I will be mightily pissed off if Littlefinger manages to stir shit up in Winterfell, while Dr Branhattan and his omnipresent ass sits around doing nothing.

16 minutes ago, xander_blackfyre said:

I think Arya is planning the game, Sansa is just an unwitting pawn.

Arya leads things the way that Sansa will discover what a scumbag LF is and she will use the dagger to kill him. It's sort of a lesson to Sansa.

14 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

If so they sure are hiding it well. I like to think at least Arya is smarter than that, but she has a lot of anger, and it might be clouding her mind. Sansa was always kinda stupid about Littlefinger, and I'm not sure if she has managed to see through his bullshit yet. I will say that I will be mightily pissed off if Littlefinger manages to stir shit up in Winterfell, while Dr Branhattan and his omnipresent ass sits around doing nothing.

Exactly why not have bran tell them!

8 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

Arya leads things the way that Sansa will discover what a scumbag LF is and she will use the dagger to kill him. It's sort of a lesson to Sansa.

That dagger was interesting. No point focussing on it unless Sansa uses it soon.

1 hour ago, Ari27 said:

I think Arya is in on it, and moving around both of them like pawns. I don't think she trained for several seasons just to immediately get outwitted and played

2 hours ago, Joshy said:

I think she knows that Sansa was forced to write the letter, but she is angry at her sister for being so weak.

Yeah, she doesn't trust Sansa because she's too weak and fearful, and weak and fearful people can be made to betray anyone.

I think what this is leading to is that, either 707 or 801, Sansa will realize that LF is playing her and that she's going along out of fear of what will happen if she breaks with him (she could lose the Vale Lords, he could turn the Northern Lords against her, etc.). Then she'll decide that continuing to play his game his way is even more dangerous, so she'll take the chance and call him out in public. Then comes the trial and execution of LF. Which will be a reasonably satisfying end to the Arya-Sansa-LF story, even if it hasn't been an entirely satisfying story.

The one bit I'm prepared to be disappointed by is that that will somehow instantly heal the rift between the sisters, which won't make any sense, but they'll do it anyway because there aren't enough episodes left.

2 hours ago, Ari27 said:

Yes.  But I came to realize watching this episode that they are playing two separate games. 

Sansa sent Brienne to KL for a specific reason:  To protect Arya.  She was floating a trial balloon when she had the discussion about whether Brienne would protect her from an Arya attack.  She got enough to know that this is his plan.

Also, I believe that Arya means to use LF's face, and this is what she was driving home when she told Sansa she could wear her face, all she has to do is take it.

Archived