Jon and Daeneris

Hoo

Tyrion recognized that Jon is falling in love with Dany, not the other way around.

But they clearly both have the hots for each other, and both have some kind of hangup keeping them back.

It seems like he pulled back as soon as he decided to bend the knee, which is particularly stupid. Almost every ruler in Westerosi history has married one of their subjects. And these two should have been discussing a political marriage even before they realized they had the hots for each other. (Tyrion and Davos need to get some heavier clue sticks to beat these two with, because they're just not getting the hints.)

Hopefully D&D will come up with some better reason to keep the two of them apart than that one. But it doesn't matter that much; I'm pretty sure they'll be boinking next week, or at the latest in episode 701.

You didn't think he was interested in their final scene?

It's obvious what's happening between them.  Dany and Jon are falling in love.  D&D talk about it openly in their Inside the Episode interview.  They aren't trying to be coy or subtle about this at all.  

The director Alan Taylor even gave an interview tonight where he laid out where they are heading and said George told them Dany+Jon was 'the point' of this whole story way back in S1:  Link

TAYLOR: (Laughs) There’s been an inevitability to the two of them coming together. It’s been foreshadowed over and over again, and those who know the books know it’s inevitable, but that doesn’t tell you anything about how it’s going to play out or how it’s going to go. I remember when I was doing Season 1 and we were on location in Malta, and George R. R. Martin came to visit. He was sitting in a chair, and he was being really quite open about things that were to come…

DEADLINE: About Jon and Dany or Game of Thrones in general?

TAYLOR: Bit of both, but it was early days and nobody was paying attention to the show. We didn’t really know what a phenomenon it was going to be, and I think he was being less guarded than we’ve become since then. Anyways, he alluded to the fact that Jon and Dany were the point, kind of. That, at the time, there was a huge, vast array of characters, and Jon was a lowly, you know, bastard son. So it wasn’t clear to us at the time, but he did sort of say things that made it clear that the meeting and the convergence of Jon and Dany were sort of the point of the series.

So, I was happy that a big step forward was taken in the episode I got to do this season is where he has fallen for her both, you know, emotionally and politically I think. He recognizes what she’s capable of, and is ready to bend the knee as soon as his knees bend. There’s still a step further to go with them in terms of the romantic side of things and a lot more to play out in terms of how the politics and the power struggle will work, but it was at least a sort of solid step forward in that major arc.

28 minutes ago, cade said:

Thanks for linking to that interview. I love how he just matter-of-factly says that Dany and Jon coming together was heavily foreshadowed and seemed inevitable to anyone who knows the books. And how he relays that GRRM said those two characters are "sort of the point of the series." Of course, Taylor presumably doesn't follow the book fandom and would have no idea how much GRRM's work has been misunderstood. 

Are there really anyone among the book readers that did not believe Dany and Jon will be getting together? I always thought the "Bride of Fire" vision clearly indicates Jon (a blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness) as her final husband.

5 minutes ago, daemonTheBlack said:

Are there really anyone among the book readers that did not believe Dany and Jon will be getting together? I always thought the "Bride of Fire" vision clearly indicates Jon (a blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness) as her final husband.

I had a feeling about it long before then. With the ages of the two characters and with their stories being so far apart and in no way interconnected, I just felt they had to meet and fall in love at some point. I had no idea how, I just had a feeling it would happen. Obviously I couldn't have imagined way back in aGoT how things would fall into place for Jon and Daenerys the way they have, but for some reason, even then, it just felt like it had to happen.

38 minutes ago, JordanJH1993 said:

I had a feeling about it long before then. With the ages of the two characters and with their stories being so far apart and in no way interconnected, I just felt they had to meet and fall in love at some point. I had no idea how, I just had a feeling it would happen. Obviously I couldn't have imagined way back in aGoT how things would fall into place for Jon and Daenerys the way they have, but for some reason, even then, it just felt like it had to happen.

Indeed. It was the same for me, even when I thought he was a son of Ned Stark. He was ice, and Daenerys fire. The blue flower thing, and all the R+L=J hints put it beyond all doubts for me.

There was the door. The open door labeled No Fanservice. And d&d touched the doorstep with their toes. And then they drew back their feet, turned around.

Dany.

Whaaat? I don't remember the last person who called me that, it had to be my brother. 

Oh so do you mind if I call you Dany? Or only your family can? 

Noooo, Jon Snow, you can call me Dany like my family did.  

Also 'Dany' is the worst damn name for Daenerys. I hate it. 

2 hours ago, daemonTheBlack said:

Book reader here - even in the books it seems very foreshadowed that they have to end up together. After learning about R+L=J, Jon and Dany become the last two Targearyens who could carry on the Targearyen lineage and if they marry, it would also be solving the inheritance issues it would cause if they don't. There's a reason why GRRM makes the last two Targearyen's alive a male and the other female - and marrying and reproducing is why.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Also 'Dany' is the worst damn name for Daenerys. I hate it. 

Dany does call herself 'Dany' even in the books. I think even GRRM gets tired of writing 'Daenearys' in every damn sentence, so he made up the shortened version of 'Dany.' It's good because I always find 5 different spelling variations for Daenearys, but no one can spell Dany wrong.

12 minutes ago, WeKnowNothing said:

Dany does call herself 'Dany' even in the books. I think even GRRM gets tired of writing 'Daenearys' in every damn sentence, so he made up the shortened version of 'Dany.' It's good because I always find 5 different spelling variations for Daenearys, but no one can spell Dany wrong.

Oh, people still manage it ;)

"Dany", yes! Was this to show that Jon is related and instinctively gives her a nickname like another Targaryen did? Dany takes her hand off when Jon announces to bend the knee. There are still couple of possibilities why she hesitates. Maybe there will be no question in her mind as soon as she finds out that they are related. Even Jon must know that Targaryens breed with siblings and he will accept this. He has now shown respect for her.

1 hour ago, WeKnowNothing said:

I know, I hated that name in the books too. I can spell Daenerys. With one "ae". And Cersei. With an s and not two "c"s. Stuff like that. 

1 hour ago, Deminelle said:

"Dany", yes! Was this to show that Jon is related and instinctively gives her a nickname like another Targaryen did?

She told us outright only her brother called her that.  Jon is her brother.

Archived