Jon and Daeneris

Hoo

10 hours ago, cade said:

I haven't followed discussion on this since the spoilers came out last year, so things may have changed, but on this forum the theory of them getting married or having any kind of romance had long been widely disputed. The much more popular theory was that Dany would become a villain and an enemy to Jon. She was also often derided as a "red herring," whereas Jon, we were told, is all by himself "A Song of Ice and Fire" and the main point of the story. There was even a prominent theory here that he's all three heads of the dragon, too. Thankfully, GRRM has never been telling anything like this kind of story.

I think news of the Tarlys' execution will at least temporarily turn Jon against Daenerys.  Sam is his friend and the show deliberately reminded us of his connection to the Tarlys.  The execution will also remind Jon of his uncle's and grandfather's execution by the mad king, a story that he will undoubtedly have been told many times even if it happened before, or just after his birth.

3 minutes ago, comyns said:

I think news of the Tarlys' execution will at least temporarily turn Jon against Daenerys.  Sam is his friend and the show deliberately reminded us of his connection to the Tarlys.  The execution will also remind Jon of his uncle's and grandfather's execution by the mad king, a story that he will undoubtedly have been told many times even if it happened before, or just after his birth.

Sam himself will forgive Dany for killing his father. Sam hates his father. 

1 hour ago, Dragonandwolf said:

He doesnt have a beating heart? is that true?

Well, it depends.

GRRM has said that, as far as he can tell as a viewer, show!Jon is a fire wight, just like Beric. And, at least in his books, Beric's blood doesn't flow. Which implies that Jon can't get an erection, and therefore would have a pretty hard time impregnating Dany. But then he's not writing show!Jon, so he doesn't know if that's what the show is intending.

As far as I know, there's nothing in the show, or from D&D, that tells us that Jon doesn't have a beating heart. They could have changed the rules on fire wights (which aren't actually directly in the books, only loosely implied), or Melisandre's resurrection could be something completely different from Thoros's, or Jon could have some special Starkgaryen magic that lets him have an erection without blood, or… who knows?

3 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

Considering the amount of 'having babies' talk (Jorah and Jon, Tryion and Dany, Dany and Jon in prev ep)  that happened in this episode, I think Dany pulled her hand back because she just (a) just lost a dragon child and (b) cannot have a human child.  I think she was thinking of Jon, who would probably want children and she did not want to take the opportunity from him.  
Natch, I predict a Dany/Jon pregnancy :-)

I don't think Jon was thinking of babies haha ;)

"Hello person I just met" 

"I CAN'T HAVE BABIES!" 

"Err ok... chill" 

:laugh:

But yeah she probably will get pregnant.. Or they just all die and there would be no point of any of it! 

10 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

As for the OP, I believe Jon has definitely fallen for Daenerys but I do not understand why.  Besides her good looks.  And Daenerys definitely has fallen for Jon.  This I sort of understand, he may be a fucking idiot but he is brave and really committed to the cause of humanity without being presumptuous, entitled, or prideful.

Jon doesn't really get to see many girls.. she must look like the most beautiful thing in the world to him. (All clean, nice clothes, hair did) 

Plus we know he likes a strong willed women (i.e.Ygritte). 

A queen of dragons must look very appealing to him. 

That plus the lack of sex on his part I can see why he'd fall head over heels for her. 

36 minutes ago, FireWinds said:

Jon doesn't really get to see many girls.. she must look like the most beautiful thing in the world to him. (All clean, nice clothes, hair did) 

Plus we know he likes a strong willed women (i.e.Ygritte). 

A queen of dragons must look very appealing to him. 

That plus the lack of sex on his part I can see why he'd fall head over heels for her. 

Except Dany has been a bitch to him and Jon isn't Robb or Theon. They're just destroying his character. 

12 hours ago, WeaselPie said:

We still don't know Dany's real story, either on the show or in the books.  But on the show, it appears TO ME that a Luke-Leia deal is in the cards, and they're siblings, not aunt and nephew.  Twins in fact.  Just my take on it.

We heard Ned hear Lyanna's birthing screams in the tower in Dorne during Bran's vision, after which there was only one baby present, and Lyanna asked Ned to keep "him" safe from Robert before dying in childbed. This was around the end of the Rebellion.

It's established fact that Dany was born on Dragonstone to Queen Rhaella, nine months after the end of the Rebellion (having been conceived during the last month of it), in the middle of a storm. Rhaella also died in childbed, and Dany and Viserys were smuggled away to Essos by Ser Willem Darry.

1 hour ago, FireWinds said:

"Hello person I just met" 

"I CAN'T HAVE BABIES!" 

For a guy whose biggest sexual hangup has always been "I'm a bastard and I don't want to risk producing more bastards", that should actually be a turn-on, not the opposite…

6 hours ago, WeKnowNothing said:

if you talk about genetically - then that also wouldn't be a huge problem, because Jon and Dany are only estimated to share 46% of genes together. Which compared to Jaime and Cersei, is good.

They would share a bit more than the typical aunt and nephew, since Aerys and Rhaella were brother and sister, so Dany and Rhaegar would share more genes than typical siblings. But still, aunt and nephew isn't as close as brother and sister.

22 hours ago, Hoo said:

He doesn't seem to be interested.  It's kinda sad.  What is going on?

Doesn't seem interested? Did you miss Tyrion pointing out how Jon has stared longingly at her? Not to mention the fact that Jon *has* stared longingly at her? In the cave, while she was atop Drogon, in his sickbed at the end of the episode...

14 hours ago, Snormund said:

They already characterized Jon as being able to ignore his base urges when his heart may not be in it. But now he loves his aunt because she's hot? What is he Theon now?

Agreed! On the other hand, Rhaegar was supposedly saint-good until he met Lyanna. But I do agree that Jon won't be for incest, he was raised by Ned after all.

I was very confused when Tyrion said to Daenerys about her list of men...till that moment I actually thought that's the other way around - she is falling for him, but he is not yet...and then that scene on the boat. I don't honestly know what they are trying to make out of their relationship.

3 hours ago, Snormund said:

Except Dany has been a bitch to him and Jon isn't Robb or Theon. They're just destroying his character. 

I'm not sure what you mean referring to Robb and Theon? 

I recall Ygritte being a pretty big bitch to Jon as well, actually the biggest bitch. Shot him with an arrow and pretty much called him an idiot all the time. I guess he likes being the sub..

But how has Dany been a bitch? 

3 hours ago, falcotron said:

For a guy whose biggest sexual hangup has always been "I'm a bastard and I don't want to risk producing more bastards", that should actually be a turn-on, not the opposite…

Haha he's like "Yesss!" 

But seriously I don't think he cares too much about making bastards or he wouldn't have had nookie with Ygritte. He could have had not only a bastard but a half wilding bastard that would have been looked down upon even more so than he was. 

15 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

I believe Jon has definitely fallen for Daenerys but I do not understand why.

I agree, in general I haven't seen a single scene that justifies a deep relationship between the characters. That's also the reason why it sounded pretty weird when he called her Dany, even though until that moment they had always addressed each other in a very formal way.

4 hours ago, falcotron said:

Didn't appear to matter with Egret, and there were plenty of other reasons besides possible pregnancy speaking against their sexing. 

49 minutes ago, 3sm1r said:

I agree, in general I haven't seen a single scene that justifies a deep relationship between the characters. 

Not deep, no. But he's the only one she saw pet her dragon,which I guess means something. Plus, she knows he's brave and has been stabbed a lot. Which I guess is affecting. All of her boyfriends (and Jorah) have been tough guys. 

On his end there isn't much, except she flew in to the rescue and kicked some zombie butt. We know he likes fighting gals. 

18 minutes ago, darmody said:

Not deep, no. But he's the only one she saw pet her dragon,which I guess means something. Plus, she knows he's brave and has been stabbed a lot. Which I guess is affecting. All of her boyfriends (and Jorah) have been tough guys. 

On his end there isn't much, except she flew in to the rescue and kicked some zombie butt. We know he likes fighting gals. 

Yeah, I guess you're right.
But with this answer you are justifying my rant: in order to understand their love we are forced to think about what we can infer from their character's personality, as you correctly pointed out, but from a high level tv show I would expect to feel the chemistry directly from the scenes they spend together.

Archived