Jon and Daeneris

Hoo

1 hour ago, Deminelle said:

Jon had to prove Ygrette that he's on their side. If he had refused to have sex with her, she would have killed him or let him get killed. Did he really have a choice?

Jon loved Ygritte.. The cave scene?

49 minutes ago, darmody said:

Only after he dumped her. 

As for Dany being a bitch, there was that whole imprisoning him thing. 

And he Still loved her even though she shot him. 

I would say that was the lightest form of imprisonment a king or queen has ever delt anyone. If it were Cercei he'd be dead or tortured. And when he wanted to leave he pretty much just told her he was going and shes all "oh alright then take Jorah with you" 

12 hours ago, nscheffel said:

Just like GRRM stole most plot lines from other major franchises, Dany/Jon will follow the Luke/Leia path. Everyone assumed they would be lovers until they realized they were related.

I would laugh so hard...

2 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Sam hated his brother Dickon the most though.

Did he? Where was that mentioned, I do not remember at all? I remember that he hated (if Sam can actually hate, he is too good) his father, but there was nothing about him specifically hating Dickon more than Randyll.

9 hours ago, FireWinds said:

I'm not sure what you mean referring to Robb and Theon? 

I recall Ygritte being a pretty big bitch to Jon as well, actually the biggest bitch. Shot him with an arrow and pretty much called him an idiot all the time. I guess he likes being the sub..

But how has Dany been a bitch? 

Haha he's like "Yesss!" 

But seriously I don't think he cares too much about making bastards or he wouldn't have had nookie with Ygritte. He could have had not only a bastard but a half wilding bastard that would have been looked down upon even more so than he was. 

Robb and (especially) Theon think with their dicks. Jon doesn't, or at least he didn't before character assasination. 

And Ygritte shot Jon because she thought he was betraying her and abandoning her. She was never a bitch to him before that. She was snarky but that's just her personality. 

On 8/21/2017 at 3:13 AM, Ser Wun Wun said:

You didn't think he was interested in their final scene?

It's obvious what's happening between them.  Dany and Jon are falling in love.  D&D talk about it openly in their Inside the Episode interview.  They aren't trying to be coy or subtle about this at all.  

The director Alan Taylor even gave an interview tonight where he laid out where they are heading and said George told them Dany+Jon was 'the point' of this whole story way back in S1:  Link

I mean this is basically confirmation that Jon and Dany are also getting together in the books. I always knew it was going to happen but at least now it is confirmed. At this point I don't see any way the bride of fire prophecy means anything other than that they are getting married

On 2017-08-21 at 5:32 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

As for the OP, I believe Jon has definitely fallen for Daenerys but I do not understand why. 

While I find it easier to point out and explain why Daenerys develops romantic feelings for Jon, I can think of quite a few reasons why Jon would end up falling for Dany as well:

- First and foremost, he finds her beautiful. The physical attraction is there. Jon hasn't exactly been around that many women, and no other woman like Daenerys. She's clean, well dressed, does her hair and looks amazing in general. We know from Davos that Jon had started eying Dany out already by episode 4. Who can blame him?

- She's a strong woman, and we know that Jon likes strong women. Dany is the strongest woman Jon has ever met, both in terms of willpower, determination and actual power. Despite this, she humbles herself early on by asking for Jon's advice on how she should proceed in her war against Cersei, and she listens to him. She also gave him something he wanted (Dragonglass) without asking for anything in return.

- He notices quickly, that Danys followers follow her out of respect and love, and not just because of a title. Just like Jon, she has earned her followers loyalty. They came to her, believing in her, etc.

- He also quickly take notice that Dany, like him, is willing to do things the hard way, if it's the right way. He mentions straight away that he's curious about why she hasn't stormed Kings Landing, and he concludes that she doesn't want innocent to die, just like him.

- They have very similar ideologies on how to rule (for the betterment of the people), and he knows that she, just like him, has had a long arduous journey before she got to Dragonstone. They've both suffered and fought their way to get where they currently are, but neither has given up.

- Lastly, and most importantly, since this is the thing that ultimately makes Jon bend the knee and more or less give in to his bottled romantic feelings: Jon is the kind of ruler who "leads from the front", and who thinks that other rulers likewise should do the same: fight for their people, and not just expect the people to fight for them. Already in episode 4 Dany asks (or rather yells at) Tyrion "What kind of queen am I if I'm not willing to risk my life to fight them?" (her enemies). Jon picks up on this, because he has the exact same mindset. This is a huge plus for Dany in Jon's book. This mentality is cemented in episode 6, where Dany puts herself and her most priced possessions in danger when she flies of to save Jon and his crew. She proved that she's not just a fancy title and all talk (as he suspected in their first meeting in episode 3), but that she will be a good ruler with a lot of integrity, and right after this Jon bent the knee (metaphorically).

I can probably think of more reasons why Jon has fallen for Dany by the end of episode 6, but this will have to do for now. :)

On 8/21/2017 at 2:50 AM, daemonTheBlack said:

Are there really anyone among the book readers that did not believe Dany and Jon will be getting together?

You must be new here.

Many still don't believe Jon is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne, and that he's legit and not a bastard.... to the point the show had to put the "annulment" scene in - when all you need to know is Kingsguard fought to the death over him at the ToJ. 

Many believe Young Griff is really Aegon and the Mountain didn't kill him even though there were witnesses. 

GRRM wrote a mystery, filled with MacGuffins, Red Herrings, and minutia people are still picking the bones over... trying to prove Ashara Dayne is Jon's mother.... etc

Their problem is Ned getting killed off in the first book leads them to believe George would never do anything as obvious as allowing Jon & Dany to be the entire point of the story, because it's obvious. 

They're probably the same people who expect to find hot dogs at a Chinese restaurant. (Yeah there's a Thai place here that has amazing chili dogs... so probably a bad example, but you get my meaning.)

Seriously. Even though the title of Ep7 is The Dragon AND the Wolf, which makes it beyond obvious Jon & Dany will be hooking up in this coming Sunday's finale.... even after they witness it happening, expect there to be pages and pages denying it happened, or claiming it was a dream...etc... 

40 minutes ago, ShadowKitteh said:

You must be new here.

Many still don't believe Jon is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne, and that he's legit and not a bastard.... to the point the show had to put the "annulment" scene in - when all you need to know is Kingsguard fought to the death over him at the ToJ. 

Many believe Young Griff is really Aegon and the Mountain didn't kill him even though there were witnesses. 

GRRM wrote a mystery, filled with MacGuffins, Red Herrings, and minutia people are still picking the bones over... trying to prove Ashara Dayne is Jon's mother.... etc

Their problem is Ned getting killed off in the first book leads them to believe George would never do anything as obvious as allowing Jon & Dany to be the entire point of the story, because it's obvious. 

They're probably the same people who expect to find hot dogs at a Chinese restaurant. (Yeah there's a Thai place here that has amazing chili dogs... so probably a bad example, but you get my meaning.)

Seriously. Even though the title of Ep7 is The Dragon AND the Wolf, which makes it beyond obvious Jon & Dany will be hooking up in this coming Sunday's finale.... even after they witness it happening, expect there to be pages and pages denying it happened, or claiming it was a dream...etc... 

Seriously, around the time Dance came out, it was considered almost blasphemous to think that Jon and Daenerys would be getting together. People kept arguing that it was too 'cliche' as if that meant anything. GRRM still does classic fantasy tropes, he just subverts them. Hell, Jon Snow himself is a classic hidden prince trope that's been done in thousands of stories for thousands of years. The same way, he is subverting Jon/Dany by throwing in incest which does NOT happen in most stories. Just like Aragorn and Arwen were going to end up together, Jon and Dany were always going to get together. This is fantasy at the end of the day

Some of it were just people who loved Jon and hated Dany and projected their hatred of her into Jon. I mean Clash very directly foreshadows Jon being Dany's final husband. People shouldn't be surprised this is happening

It's been made very obvious by now that Jon and Daenerys are attracted to each other. As another poster pointed out already, it would make much more sense for them to broker an immediate political marriage as soon as they met. They can have their puppylove time later.

If the show tried to be really realistic, then the Starks should be thinking about political marriages all over the place. They have Sansa and Arya that could be wedded to prince's from other major houses.There's also Bran, but his disability and non-humanity could make him a difficult sell. 

And from overall strategy perspective, assassinating Cersei and Jaime should be an absolute priority for Dany and Jon. That would allow them to take over the Lannister army and their riches without doing much damage to the population. Perhaps that's a topic for another day though.

38 minutes ago, Commander Jon Snow said:

Seriously, around the time Dance came out, it was considered almost blasphemous to think that Jon and Daenerys would be getting together. People kept arguing that it was too 'cliche' as if that meant anything. GRRM still does classic fantasy tropes, he just subverts them. Hell, Jon Snow himself is a classic hidden prince trope that's been done in thousands of stories for thousands of years. The same way, he is subverting Jon/Dany by throwing in incest which does NOT happen in most stories. Just like Aragorn and Arwen were going to end up together, Jon and Dany were always going to get together. This is fantasy at the end of the day

Some of it were just people who loved Jon and hated Dany and projected their hatred of her into Jon. I mean Clash very directly foreshadows Jon being Dany's final husband. People shouldn't be surprised this is happening

:agree:

Thank you.

19 minutes ago, Monster_Under_the_Bed said:

There's also Bran, but his disability and non-humanity could make him a difficult sell. 

Actually, I think you could sell Bran to another house.

• "Sorry, no more sisters left, but I do have a brother to marry to your second daughter. Unfortunately, he's a little weird, very cold and distant, because he sees everything that happens in the past, present, and future and has a hard time coping with what's right in front of him."
  • "Sees the future? Really? I think I could find a use for… um, I mean I think my dear daughter could find a way to live with him."
  • "Also, he's a cripple."
  • "Whatever, tell me more about this seeing the future thing."

Sansa, I can actually see waiting a bit. Are they going to have more problems with vassals or neighbors? They should know better a few months from now, and you don't want to make the wrong deal. Worse, it's not entirely clear yet whether she's going to end up ruling something in her own right, in which case you'd want a Lord's younger brother rather than a Lord, especially since it seems like Westeros has very strong traditions against allowing two holdings to come to the same heir. On the other hand, maybe they'll end up powerful enough to actually pull off breaking that tradition and, say, unite the North and the Vale the way LF wanted to. So, even though she isn't getting any younger, I still think her potential value may be way too high to start bargaining before they see what happens.

On 8/22/2017 at 8:39 AM, norwaywolf123 said:

Dany and Jon can love each other without marrying or coupling togheter.

They could but Clash of Kings and the season 6 finale suggests that there is a good chance they will get married. The s6 finale is especially telling because D&D are some of the least subtle writers ever. 

The kind of love you're talking about seems more likely to occur between Jamie and Brienne in the books. I think they will love each other without ever truly 'getting together'

25 minutes ago, Commander Jon Snow said:

They could but Clash of Kings and the season 6 finale suggests that there is a good chance they will get married. The s6 finale is especially telling because D&D are some of the least subtle writers ever. 

The kind of love you're talking about seems more likely to occur between Jamie and Brienne in the books. I think they will love each other without ever truly 'getting together'

Which is truly a shame because Jaime and Brienne would be heartwarming. Jon and Dany is just disgusting. 

Archived