Predictions

Since an important Stark has not died since the Red Wedding (sorry, don't consider Rickon important, though I know he was the Stark male heir to Winterfell when he died), I am guessing we lose either Arya or Sansa next week. Most likely Sansa.

The undead ice dragon blows up the wall (do ice dragons breathe cold or do they still have fire breath?) with it's breath and it's strength at the end - with the wights marching through to close out the season, and we have a small group of Night's Watch forming a line against hopeless odds. 

The previews show a big battle with Unsullied and Dothraki versus (Lannister?) troops. I'm guessing they attempt to besiege King's Landing while Dany and Cersei meet. I doubt Euron has the dragon binding horn like he does in the books, but it would be an interesting twist with Dany losing a 2nd dragon.

Jon and Dany have wild passionate sex and fall in love, but right before the end with the ice dragon, Jon finds out his parentage. However, it sets up one of them as Azor Ahai where they plunge the sword into the other's breast. 

And, the big news will be that at the end of the episode, GRRM comes on live and announces a Christmas-time release date for Winds of Winter.

Without looking back to confirm, each of the previous seasons (at least dating back to the last few) have ended in some kind of journey to set up the wait for the next season. With everyone in King's Landing, it seems the only logical possible journey would be the Whitewalkers breaking through the wall and heading south. So the Wall coming down is a definite. 

Sam and Gilly have to show back up and the only two purposes they serve are 1) what's the secret to beating the Whitewalkers and 2) R+L=Legit J. Feels like enough people already know about #1, so you'd have to think #2 is going to be revealed. 

Bran has to play a major role too, somehow. Maybe playing a part in the breaking of the Wall? 

We're due a major character death, and the only one that's not really needed for the final season is probably Tyrion, although I can't imagine an entire season without Dinklage. Littlefinger and Varys have to be nervous too. 

Sansa finds out from Maester Wolkan that he gave the scroll to Littlefinger, whereas earlier Littlefinger claimed he didn't know how Arya got the scroll in episode 6.  When he starts questioning her decision to send Brienne away and asking about Arya while walking with Sansa, Sansa surprises him by leading him to an area outside where Bronze Yohn, Bran, Arya, and Northern Lords are waiting.  Before he can even defend himself or blabble on about Cat and whatever Sansa sentences him to die.  I believe that Bronze Yohn will behead him which makes no sense because in the north whoever passes the sentence should swing the sword (as we were reminded of earlier this season).  Also, if lying about the scroll is what gets LF killed and not the 8 billion other things he did (like selling her to Roose and Ramsay) then that is stupid.  But I'm expecting stupid from D&D.

Everyone arrives in KL but Daenerys for the big wight show off.  She makes a grand entrance on Drogon (the S4 scene when Bran sees the dragon shadow over Kings Landing) and somehow Cersei is NOT impressed.  Then they show the wight.  Cersei is STILL not impressed.  They show that only fire can kill the wight (which runs counter to what we saw in ep 6).  Cersei gives no fucks.  She is more interested in talking about how Daenerys should surrender.  Things get heated and everyone grabs their swords but Jon diffuses it with one of his generic Jon speeches.  Jaime tries to reason with Cersei and she publicly silences him, then threatens him behind closed doors.  Relative impasse.

The NK attacks the wall with wight Viserion at the end.  Beric goes out to meet him and has an unknown fate.

Other tidbits:

- Cersei, Tyrion, and the Hound all make snide comments to each other (the Hound watches his mouth when Cersei gives him shit for leaving Joffrey but doesn't take any crap from the imp)

- Davos gets a few good comments in to refocus the group when people start bickering at the meeting spot

- Robin Arryn isn't around to save Uncle Petyr

- Sam and Gilly do not make an appearance

- Cersei is not noticeably pregnant

21 minutes ago, NewJeffCT said:

And, the big news will be that at the end of the episode, GRRM comes on live and announces a Christmas-time release date for Winds of Winter.

LOL even if he announced it I still wouldn't believe it.  TWOW will never be completed.

I'm not sure I would believe it either. There is a thread on here from maybe 3 or more years ago where I stated I had quit reading A Wheel of Time many years ago after it got extra tedious in book 7 or 8 or so. After hearing about Jordan's death, I figured I would never read the remaining books - until I heard about Sanderson finishing out the series with the blessings of Jordan's widow. So, in order to pass time, I started the entire series again from the beginning and read it all the way through (well, listened on audiobook) - I stated I had hoped by the time I was finished (a good 6 months or more) that we would have news on the release of TWOW. We're still waiting. ..

I think Gendry will play an important part in this. Let´s not forget that Melisandre believed Stannis was the prince that was promised because he, as well as Robert and Renly, were the grandsons of Rhaella Targaryen... So Gendry has a little part of Targaryen blood    

My prediction is that in true D&D form, Jon will either return to Winterfell and tell both Sansa and Arya that he's bent the knee to Dany or he'll send a raven saying it.  Sansa and Arya will get over their beef with each other but Sansa and the northern lords will probably think Jon has either lost his mind or is dead and it's a trick.  Sansa's line about the lone wolf dying while the pack survives is about the true born Starks ostracizing Jon for stupid reasons that serve no purpose but to manufacture unnecessary drama for next season.  Sansa will be named the queen in the north one way or another.

As far as KL goes, the negotiations will go however they'll go teasing a major betrayal and ambush.  Cersei will probably say one thing to appease Dany but will tell Jaime she's lying and while Dany and co. are still in the Dragon pit, Cersei will tell Qyburn to burn them all and Jaime will kill Qyburn then choke Cersei to death.  They foreshadowed Jaime killing Qyburn in season three at Harrenhal when he was cleaning Jaime's stump initially.

The wall might come down, Sandor might fight the Mountain for reasons, the unsullied who were surrounded at Casterly Rock may show up unharmed in KL for some reason.

Hey guys,

The White Walkers breaching the wall is sort of the foregone conclusion for the last shots of the season. But here's my prediction on the BIG thing that's going to happen, and I'm more sure of it the more I think about it:

Dany's going to die. Cersei will kill her.

Think about it:

1. A GRRM-style power vaccum will result. Dothraki and unsullied with no leader. Dany's other allies fractured. The Lannisters themselves to weak to really even capitalize. GRRM loves those sorts of situations of a land in crazy turmoil.
2. It will explain why Jon bends the knee and not have the story events pivot toward a Dany & Jon political marriage to resolve their standoff (that still might be suggested, but it's no longer necessary)
3. It will force Jon's heritage to take center stage next season, which it still hasn't done.
4. It will force Jon to get up and ride a Dragon, which they have Dany for right now.
5. It will allow Jon to ride Drogon, who currently has a rider -- Dany. And he can ride in her name. so to speak
6. It will have fulfilled Dany's vision in the House of the Undying (TV version)
7. It would explain the clunky way the 'get-the-zombie' quest was setup: because D&D knew they had to hit the story beat to setup Dany and Cersei meeting so that Cersei could go ahead and have an opportunity kill Dany. GRRM hasn't worked out the details of how that's going to happen in the books yet.

Explaining a bit on some of the points, if Dany is still riding a dragon, it makes it less important in the story's logistics that Jon rides one. Yes, Dany really needs support from a second dragon rider, it could clearly help, but it's really not NEARLY as dramatic as a situation where the white walkers are coming and you have NO dragon riders. Therefore to make the last stretch as dramatic as possible, we would need a situation where starting off season 8, we have NO dragon riders. Necessitating Jon to become one.

Next, Dany's truncated House of the Undying vision has essentially come to pass. The significant thing was that Dany does not take the throne in her vision, she's called away, and she's called to the wall. Beyond the wall she finds Drogo and her son: the afterlife. This vision is basically telling her that she will not take the throne, that before she dies she will go to and beyond the wall, and then die. The first two things have now all finally happened. Sure, she didn't die North of the Wall last episode -- that's not necessarily what the vision was saying -- but it's the last significant thing she does before death. And now it's done.

This all means her romance with Jon Snow isn't being built up because the two are going to get married: it's being built up because it's NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. We're seeing the ending we'd like to see and that we all want. And Cersei is going to take it away.

Wasn't there a leak that has pretty well been right about the entire season so far? In any case, for the lulz

- Jon and Dany Bang (because incest is good if you have dragons)

- Jon finds out his Parentage

- Cut to scene from Ace Ventura Pet Detective

3 hours ago, Nilan8888 said:

Dany's going to die. Cersei will kill her.

Maybe, Daenerys will die, but i don't think Cersei will kill her.

You listed some points from Daenerys vision, but what is with Cersei's prohepcy?

" Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear. "

I don't think that it will be Sansa who cast her down.

16 minutes ago, Marlom said:

You listed some points from Daenerys vision, but what is with Cersei's prohepcy?

" Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear. "

I thought that was about Margarye. Cersei was Queen until Robert died, then Margarye married his sons, Cersei lost all her children, which were most important in her life. But it could still refer to the future situation.

16 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

I thought that was about Margarye. Cersei was Queen until Robert died, then Margarye married his sons, Cersei lost all her children, which were most important in her life. But it could still refer to the future situation.

I always hoped that it will be Sansa, but I think it will be Daenerys after all.

The queen should be more beautiful...in the books Margaery is not more beautiful than Cersei. Sansa was becoming incredibly beautiful girl, although Tyrion compares them and find both identicaly comely. And since Daenerys is called "the most beautiful woman" quite often, my guess is it will be her after all, not Marg or Sansa (pity, she deserves to contribute to Cersei's demise even more than just a pawn to smuggle poison for Joffrey).

I'm waiting for Jaime turning on Cersei for so long that I'm losing any hope, actually after how he acted in the previous season and in this one I don't see how they can justify his change. There's no a real strong basis for it, he's evolved so differently from the Jaime in the books. Actually the tv Jaime looks too much like the beginning Jaime, as the period spent with Brienne never happened. A turn during this finale would be too quick for me, unless D&D invented something so much big to make him see the light.

During the second promo for the season Sansa said "the lone wolf dies and the pack survives", it hasn't happened yet, right? So it should relate to what's going on with her and Arya. Was their all a play? I thought it till last episode, but how all those dialogues could be directed to mislead LF? And IF LF was behind the letter from Cersei, why playing his game by sending Brienne to KL?

1 hour ago, Lady Claire said:

I'm waiting for Jaime turning on Cersei for so long that I'm losing any hope, actually after how he acted in the previous season and in this one I don't see how they can justify his change. There's no a real strong basis for it, he's evolved so differently from the Jaime in the books. Actually the tv Jaime looks too much like the beginning Jaime, as the period spent with Brienne never happened. A turn during this finale would be too quick for me, unless D&D invented something so much big to make him see the light.

Like someone above already said, I'm pretty sure we get Cersei going big with "Burn them all !!!" Might even in the finale and Jamie repeating History... The show loves to repeat stuff from earlier seasons but again ignore a lot of stuff from the same seasons but whatever. So Jamie killing the Pyro (this time Qyburn) and then killing the Mad King ( this time Mad queen Cersei) makes a lot of sense to me. But yeah, did we get any scene with Jamie's reaction to exploding the sept... I guess there was something but he just was like "meh", one would think his past would make him more biased. Then again maybe the burning of his men at the field of fire 2.0 is the reasoning for the show that he makes a turn around.

I didn't say that Cersei will come out of the whole thing on top. It's probably going to be the entire thing that loses her all power, actually: specifically because Dany's death will mean her superior forces go nuts and attack, destroying anything the Lannisters have and forcing her to go all wildfire. At which point, Jamie has to intercede, again.

So Dany truly 'casts her down': it's just the manner in which she finally does it is through her own death.

What's more, I think Jamie will be the one to actually kill her. It will be the final 'betrayal of love' of Dany's prophecy: it's just not the love of DANY, it's the love of Cersei upon which Dany is betrayed. Of course, Jamie then shortly after also kills Cersei to save King's Landing again (and finally seeing what insanity their relationship has caused all Westeros), but that's another matter.

Archived