Predictions

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:00 PM, Nilan8888 said:

Hey guys,

The White Walkers breaching the wall is sort of the foregone conclusion for the last shots of the season. But here's my prediction on the BIG thing that's going to happen, and I'm more sure of it the more I think about it:

Dany's going to die. Cersei will kill her.

Think about it:

1. A GRRM-style power vaccum will result. Dothraki and unsullied with no leader. Dany's other allies fractured. The Lannisters themselves to weak to really even capitalize. GRRM loves those sorts of situations of a land in crazy turmoil.
2. It will explain why Jon bends the knee and not have the story events pivot toward a Dany & Jon political marriage to resolve their standoff (that still might be suggested, but it's no longer necessary)
3. It will force Jon's heritage to take center stage next season, which it still hasn't done.
4. It will force Jon to get up and ride a Dragon, which they have Dany for right now.
5. It will allow Jon to ride Drogon, who currently has a rider -- Dany. And he can ride in her name. so to speak
6. It will have fulfilled Dany's vision in the House of the Undying (TV version)
7. It would explain the clunky way the 'get-the-zombie' quest was setup: because D&D knew they had to hit the story beat to setup Dany and Cersei meeting so that Cersei could go ahead and have an opportunity kill Dany. GRRM hasn't worked out the details of how that's going to happen in the books yet.

Explaining a bit on some of the points, if Dany is still riding a dragon, it makes it less important in the story's logistics that Jon rides one. Yes, Dany really needs support from a second dragon rider, it could clearly help, but it's really not NEARLY as dramatic as a situation where the white walkers are coming and you have NO dragon riders. Therefore to make the last stretch as dramatic as possible, we would need a situation where starting off season 8, we have NO dragon riders. Necessitating Jon to become one.

Next, Dany's truncated House of the Undying vision has essentially come to pass. The significant thing was that Dany does not take the throne in her vision, she's called away, and she's called to the wall. Beyond the wall she finds Drogo and her son: the afterlife. This vision is basically telling her that she will not take the throne, that before she dies she will go to and beyond the wall, and then die. The first two things have now all finally happened. Sure, she didn't die North of the Wall last episode -- that's not necessarily what the vision was saying -- but it's the last significant thing she does before death. And now it's done.

This all means her romance with Jon Snow isn't being built up because the two are going to get married: it's being built up because it's NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. We're seeing the ending we'd like to see and that we all want. And Cersei is going to take it away.

Dany is not going to die this season. She is one of the two major characters in this story who is going to play a big role in the end game of this story. The other obviously being Jon.  If she were to die it won't be until the final episode of season 8.

24 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Dany is not going to die this season. She is one of the two major characters in this story who is going to play a big role in the end game of this story. The other obviously being Jon.  If she were to die it won't be until the final episode of season 8.

Naaa, she's not needed for that long. The battle for the throne will outlast the battle for the dawn, and she's only gonna have game with TN'sK; not Cersei. 

9 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Um, that would involve killing Sansa.

Didn't this show dictate that you can take a face (somehow ... magic?) without killing. I thought that was something they did. My bad!

Then he dies but some other way.

Deaths : Littlefinger, Beric Dondarrion, maybe Tormund.

Don't think they will kill Jon Snow or Daenerys. They don't follow the books anymore and the way Martin killed important people. Now it's the show and they treat them like heroes. My feeling of course. 

No other Targaryen in sight (Tyrion ?) in the show. So Dany and Jon are needed. 

A very interesting thing would be the dragons are interested by Cersei....but if it happens in the books, it would be too complicated to introduce this option. And Jaime was close to be killed by one of them. 

Cersei, I don't think she will die. She surely will be killed by Jaime or Tyrion. Or maybe Arya (the valonquar, young brother or sister, not YOUR young brother or sister, not sure because my high valerian is quite bad :D). 

43 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

Didn't this show dictate that you can take a face (somehow ... magic?) without killing. I thought that was something they did. My bad!

Then he dies but some other way.

There are glamours.  Mel uses one regularly.  Jaqen has displayed the face of a living person (Arya).  I don't believe Arya possesses this magic.

6 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

There are glamours.  Mel uses one regularly.  Jaqen has displayed the face of a living person (Arya).  I don't believe Arya possesses this magic.

Ahhhh gotcha! Thank you for clarifying that. 
Though who knows, maybe the show will make Arya suddenly have that ability. ha. 

The thing I'm looking forward to see the most is Jon/Dany love making scene. I want it to be 1-2 minutes long, and to see both of them on top. Here's how I imagine it:

They start kissing and taking off their clothes before climbing on bed together. At first, Dany is on top of Jon during most of the foreplay. Then, they switch to missionary pose, Jon starts kissing Dany's neck, then her teats, then belly and finally he gives her the Lord's kiss just like he gave it long ago to Ygritte.

29 minutes ago, Dornishwoman's Husband said:

The thing I'm looking forward to see the most is Jon/Dany love making scene. I want it to be 1-2 minutes long, and to see both of them on top. Here's how I imagine it:

They start kissing and taking off their clothes before climbing on bed together. At first, Dany is on top of Jon during most of the foreplay. Then, they switch to missionary pose, Jon starts kissing Dany's neck, then her teats, then belly and finally he gives her the Lord's kiss just like he gave it long ago to Ygritte.

I hope it's awkward AF. I don't like the two of them together, personally. And all there other tender/romance stuff seems so forced and awkward. So I hope this is just absurd. But that's the awful person I am.

35 minutes ago, Dornishwoman's Husband said:

Sheesh. Jon can only last 1-2 minutes?

38 minutes ago, Dornishwoman's Husband said:

You made me laugh.
I'm starting to believe this is a actually happening!

Obs: no mention of incest, for sure. Luke-Leia stile. They will just pray audience is dumb and does not notice.

The Wall will fall at Eastwatch, taking Tormund and Beric with it. Dolorous Edd (if the show remember's he's alive) will arrive in Winterfell with the bad news.

Arya kills Littlefinger, though I really hope I'm wrong. I want LF to survive the series. If only the "good" characters survive the Great War it would be too unrealistic. Some of the bastards have to survive, and LF is my favourite bastard.

Cersei refuses to help with the war in the north so Jaime deserts her and heads off to help by himself.

Issues that definitely will be solved:

* Cersei deciding to an armistice or not - (I hope she does not. A full season without any human villain but instead only breathing people vs dead seems boring)

* The end of the wall

* Littlefinger and the two silly sisters (I know. In the end LF will be the silly one - regrettably)

Issues that could possibly extend into S8:

* Sam arriving in - whereever he is going to.

* Bran talking to Jon (He needs to do this  - in his own words)

* Melisandres business in Essos

* The fate of Yara / Euron finally declaring his position in the war

* Anything with the Iron bank

* Jon tellling the northern lords he already bent the knee

some thoughts (not really predicitions)

* Could Cerseis trap be a sisterly kiss to Danaerys? I just do not know how she can expect to go away with this.

* Varys will betray Dany. The "I would would expect nothing less" dialogue was so obvious.

Death predictions: Littlefinger, Hound & Brother, Bronn, Brienne (just because nobody expects), At least one of Team Dany

1. The Wall at EastWatch fall down by NK helped by Viserion (Beric dies?)
  2. Arya kills Littlefinger
  3. Cersey loss the pregnancy
  4. Sam meeting with Bran on WF to reveal R+L=J
  5. "Scary demo" on Dragon Pit with the Hound killing the captured wight to impress Cersei 
  6. After that Jaime will go to the North

- Ceresi plans an ambush, but Jaime talks her out of it when the dragons and the entire Unsullied/Dothraki army show up. 

- The wall coming down is a certainty. 

- At this point I'm so frustrated with the Arya/Sansa stuff that I'm actually hoping the final scene is the Night King destroying Winterfell with the Ice Dragon. Maybe Bran is far enough away at the Godswood and Sam/Gilly get him out of there just in time. 

On 8/21/2017 at 10:00 PM, Nilan8888 said:

Hey guys,

The White Walkers breaching the wall is sort of the foregone conclusion for the last shots of the season. But here's my prediction on the BIG thing that's going to happen, and I'm more sure of it the more I think about it:

Dany's going to die. Cersei will kill her.

Think about it:

1. A GRRM-style power vaccum will result. Dothraki and unsullied with no leader. Dany's other allies fractured. The Lannisters themselves to weak to really even capitalize. GRRM loves those sorts of situations of a land in crazy turmoil.
2. It will explain why Jon bends the knee and not have the story events pivot toward a Dany & Jon political marriage to resolve their standoff (that still might be suggested, but it's no longer necessary)
3. It will force Jon's heritage to take center stage next season, which it still hasn't done.
4. It will force Jon to get up and ride a Dragon, which they have Dany for right now.
5. It will allow Jon to ride Drogon, who currently has a rider -- Dany. And he can ride in her name. so to speak
6. It will have fulfilled Dany's vision in the House of the Undying (TV version)
7. It would explain the clunky way the 'get-the-zombie' quest was setup: because D&D knew they had to hit the story beat to setup Dany and Cersei meeting so that Cersei could go ahead and have an opportunity kill Dany. GRRM hasn't worked out the details of how that's going to happen in the books yet.

Explaining a bit on some of the points, if Dany is still riding a dragon, it makes it less important in the story's logistics that Jon rides one. Yes, Dany really needs support from a second dragon rider, it could clearly help, but it's really not NEARLY as dramatic as a situation where the white walkers are coming and you have NO dragon riders. Therefore to make the last stretch as dramatic as possible, we would need a situation where starting off season 8, we have NO dragon riders. Necessitating Jon to become one.

Next, Dany's truncated House of the Undying vision has essentially come to pass. The significant thing was that Dany does not take the throne in her vision, she's called away, and she's called to the wall. Beyond the wall she finds Drogo and her son: the afterlife. This vision is basically telling her that she will not take the throne, that before she dies she will go to and beyond the wall, and then die. The first two things have now all finally happened. Sure, she didn't die North of the Wall last episode -- that's not necessarily what the vision was saying -- but it's the last significant thing she does before death. And now it's done.

This all means her romance with Jon Snow isn't being built up because the two are going to get married: it's being built up because it's NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. We're seeing the ending we'd like to see and that we all want. And Cersei is going to take it away.

I really feel like Cersei is going to kill Dany too.  It just .... makes a sense in a story that likes to rip our hearts open as unexpectedly as it can.  There is no plot armor in the Game of Thrones.

On 8/22/2017 at 9:54 AM, bb1180 said:

7)  You know Cersei has something particularly evil planned for this meeting and,  with Tyrion's talk of heirs and Dany being 'the most important person in the world',  I think there's a decent chance that Dany also meets her doom in this episode.  With Dany dead and not around to control her dragons and the Wall having been breached,  it would arrange a suitable setup for the beginning of the final season,  with all hope having apparently been lost. 

Agree.  Sadly.  But this scenario seems to roll nicely with the theme of this show and "if you think this has a happy ending...."

There is a happy ending but for Westeros, not for all the heroes. The name of the last book is a promise after the winds of winter.

I'm not sure they will kill Daenerys or Jon. People are too fond of them. And they don't want people to stop watching the next season. 

I think Daenerys needs to go to Asshai, like Qaithe said. 

Archived