Predictions

Tin foil hat theory of the week:

What if Ayra is not Arya but a truly faceless man?  She turned north soon after Cersei paid her debt to the iron bank...She was headed to KL, then decided to head to WF.  Fast forward to post LF death-She uses LF face to get close to JL, killing him, uses his face to kill CL and fulfill the Valenquor prophecy....

31 minutes ago, A man has no name said:

What if Ayra is not Arya but a truly faceless man?  She turned north soon after Cersei paid her debt to the iron bank...She was headed to KL, then decided to head to WF.  Fast forward to post LF death-She uses LF face to get close to JL, killing him, uses his face to kill CL and fulfill the Valenquor prophecy....

Much of that is a pre-existing theory, that the Waif killed Arya and has taken on her face.

1 hour ago, A man has no name said:

Then when she pulled her fake face after killing Walder and the Freys it would be another face, not Arya's, but the Waif's or whoever the assassin is.

And whats the motive for the Faceless men to kill the Freys?

Prediction?

• The Night King will pass the wall and we will see the undead either climb over the wall or the wall will collapse. I think it will more likely collapse
  • Little Finger will likely get Arya and Sansa fighting a bit more, if not outright involve the vale/north. This will lead into next season as we can't have only the white walkers as villains
  • Dany will get injured in this meeting by Cersei's plotting. A power vacuum will be created where my next prediction will line up with this one
  • Jon's lineage will be revealed. personally, what better time is there for his bloodline to be announced if not at the area where all major houses will be? IF it where any other show, I'd bet my money on it. Many will rally around Jon in the coming season
  • Brienne and Jamie will meet again and I think she will knock some logic and sense back to him
  • Hound and his undead brother will meet up again

I'm just kidding, Jon will DIE

2 hours ago, Illiterati said:

Much of that is a pre-existing theory, that the Waif killed Arya and has taken on her face.

If this is true, I just committed blog blasphemy. Sorry fellas. I hate when it's extremely obvious that folks copy and paste spoilers and act as if they are just guessing. Promise I didn't do that. I read the "Ayra/Tyler Durden" theory and thought it was awesome, I also thought Arya could have died when she fought the waif, but I didn't read that anywhere. I hated the survival of the crazy stabbing and the super duper soup lady crane served her, coupled with a nap and boom Arya is an assassin again...

3 hours ago, A man has no name said:

If this is true, I just committed blog blasphemy. Sorry fellas. I hate when it's extremely obvious that folks copy and paste spoilers and act as if they are just guessing. Promise I didn't do that. I read the "Ayra/Tyler Durden" theory and thought it was awesome, I also thought Arya could have died when she fought the waif, but I didn't read that anywhere. I hated the survival of the crazy stabbing and the super duper soup lady crane served her, coupled with a nap and boom Arya is an assassin again...

Nah it isn't a spoiler or blasphemy or anything like that.  There was a robust discussion about it last season, and I feel like D&D are trolling us this season by having Arya act aggressive like the Waif but give opposing hints that she is Arya, like Nymeria recognizing her.

5 hours ago, Nakraal said:

Then when she pulled her fake face after killing Walder and the Freys it would be another face, not Arya's, but the Waif's or whoever the assassin is.

These are certainly two solid arguments for Arya being Arya.

Unlike last year I have no idea what Cersei has planned for the meeting, but Qyburn did it with her so it might be crazy, but smart too.

I'm curious about Euron, they said he was going to be the most hated villain at the end of this season, so what could he do? Don't see killing Yara the reason to be so much hated, especially considering great part of the audience loves him, it must be something really big, maybe killing Theon who's another fan favorite? Or he could harm Daenerys, I thought about the dragon binder too, but there was no sign of it in the show.

There are possibilities of the highly anticipated Cleganebowl, if that's the case I really hope The Hound will win.

4 hours ago, Illiterati said:

Nah it isn't a spoiler or blasphemy or anything like that.  There was a robust discussion about it last season, and I feel like D&D are trolling us this season by having Arya act aggressive like the Waif but give opposing hints that she is Arya, like Nymeria recognizing her.

I don't think Arya is the Waif. I doubt the showrunners would do that to the audience as Arya is such a popular and invested-in character. To have the real Arya just unceremoniously killed off by the Waif and her stealing Arya's identity would not go down well, particularly considering how much many people despised the Waif.

I do think it's very possible that the Arya we are seeing right now is No One, playing the role of Arya Stark. That would accomplish several things:

1. Explain the clear change in Maisie's acting style for the character this season.

2. Give a new light to the Nymeria scene. If it was the Waif as Arya, Nymeria would have ripped her to shreds, but with NoOne as Arya, it makes it more complicated for Nymeria and it was kind of like she didn't know what to make of her. Nymeria didn't hurt her, but wasn't exactly friendly or affectionate either.

3. Explain the coldness towards Hot Pie.

4. Clearly illustrates how Jaqen's line "finally, a girl is No One", which confused many people because Arya failed every test and apparently was turning her back on the Faceless Men, actually DID make sense. Arya killing the Waif was passing a test to become a Faceless Man. Her reply to Jaqen was No One accepting her first mission as a Faceless Man (ie acting in her old Arya Stark identity). This could mean she has to complete her list still, but in exchange must surrender the final pieces of Arya Stark. There could be other reasons why the FM (or Iron Bank) want her to complete Arya's list.

5. Explain why someone who apparently turned her back on the Faceless Men to return home and be Arya Stark, still has a bag full of faces and still plays the Game of Faces. She clearly has not let go of her Faceless Men training.

I do think Arya is Arya. She is only very proud of her new skills and too conceited. But, in a way, she always was. And she is happy to be show how strong she is. 

When she chose to come back to Winterfell instead of going to KL, it was the true Arya's choice, dictated by feelings she had for her family (and she thought Jon was there, her favorite "brother").

The Waif would have chosen KL. It was less emotional and smarter. The Waif didn't care about the Freys either. 

9 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

I'm curious about Euron, they said he was going to be the most hated villain at the end of this season, so what could he do? 

It was the actor who said he'd leapfrog Ramsay this season.  My gut tells me that was just preseason hype. I recall Sophie Turner once summing up Sansa's upcoming season in one sentencing with "Boss ass bitch" or something along those lines.. an aura she's never sustained for consecutive episodes, much less an entire season.

It's too bad with Euron. There's no reason why he couldn't have been included in the show sooner. His entrance last season was pretty bland. Had he been properly introduced one season earlier I think he could have been a pretty epic villain. But he's never gonna overtake Ramsay or even Joffrey. 

I have a question.

Spoiler

There was a scene where Jon and Dany are together in a room with white interior. He's standing behind white stone table, there's a bay window on his left. Dany is walking towards him, several steps up. Jon is saying "I think we're making a terrible mistake".

That scene didn't happen yet in Season 7. It was in one of Bran's visions after he became 3ER, or it was a promo video, trailer, or spoiler of Season 7. Now I can't find that video, and there's no any mentioning of that scene anywhere in the web.

Does anyone know from what video thas scene is?

Seems to me that this scene is happening in White Harbour castle. When Jon was in Winterfell, he told his people that he will go together with Davos to White Harbour, and from there they will sail towards Dragonstone <- this info is mentioned in ASOIAF wikia.

If Jon and Dany stopped there on their way from Eastwatch to King's Landing, then Jon is trying to convince Dany that she shouldn't trust Cersei, and go with them to Dragon Pit. That's why she will arrive later on Drogon, separately from the rest of them. Or that scene is happening AFTER. They already went to King's Landing, and what Jon meant by saying that they are making a terrible mistake, is that they shouldn't trust to Cersei and her promises. They shouldn't stay in White Harbour any longer, while they're waiting for Lanninster reinforcements to arrive. Jon wants them to gather all people that they already have, and march towards Winterfell NOW.

English isn't my native language, so sorry for mistakes.

Predictions:

(made by me, based entirely on deduction, Sherlock Holmes style, have NOTHING to do with leaked scripts. All allegedly leaked scripts are FAKE. I HATE leaked scripts)

1. With assistance from Iron Bank Cersei will hire Golden Company. Their superiors/generals will meet with Cersei and agree to work for her. When united armies of Jon and Dany will be approaching King's Landing (in Season 8), she will order to her soldiers to let Golden Company troops to pass thru city gates. But instead of preparing defences against approaching enemies, Golden Company will ambush Lannister soldiers. It will be revealed that those worriors are actually Second Sons disguised as sellswords of GC.

Spoiler

Dany left Daario Naharis as her representative in Dragon's Bay, and even though she ditched him, he's still loyal to her. Red Prists in Essos are also serving to Dany, because they think that she is their Messiah sent by Lord of Light. Red Prists are everywhere in Essos, they know everything. So it's either that Red Prists informed Daario about Cersei and Iron Bank's plotting, or GC are also followers of Lord of Light.

Both Red Prists and GC are somewhere from the same regions, from Asshai <- not sure about this part. Dominating religions in Essos are 'fire religion' and religion of Dothrakis <- both factions are Dany's followers. Maybe sellswords of GC are also followers of those religions, so they are de facto serving to Dany. They won't go to Westeros, instead they will provide Second Sons with armour, weapons, banners, and other attributes, so that they can pretend that they are from GC. Real warriors of GC won't go because they have never broken a contract, their motto is "Our word is good as gold". So they won't be the one making contract with Cersei, because they wouldn't be able to brake that contract. So instead it will be disguised Second Sons who will make a fake agreement with Cersei.

Or GC are not religious, their only god is gold. So they will be hired by Cersei, march towards Braavos to board Iron Bank's fleet, and sail to Westeros. But on the way there they will be ambushed by Second Sons or Dothrakis. Dany didn't took with her all of her warriors. She had limited number of ships, so there are still lots of Dothrakis left in Essos. But Dothraki's features are too distinctive, no amount of disguise will work in their case, so Second Sons will go instead. They will arrive to Braavos, and use Iron Bank to get close to Cersei.

2. The history will repeat itself.

After Cersei will realise that she was betrayed, she will order Qyburn to use Wild Fire and "Kill them all! Burn them all!" will happen again. Poore Jaime.

Spoiler

Someone on this forum already mentioned that it was foreshadowed that Jaime will kill Qyburn (when they met and Qyburn was tending to Jaime's wounds).

Cersei is next. Maybe he will try to convince her to stop, or he will realise that she's completely gone mad, thus there's no other way, he will have to kill her. But he will be stopped by Mountain. Mountain will kill Jaime, or badly wound him.

3. All prophecies and promises will be fulfilled.

Spoiler

There will be a scene where Jaime is sitting on Iron Throne. Either he's already dead, or dying from mortal wounds. And near him Cersei is madly laughing.

This scene will be witnessed by Aria, Hound, Tyrion and Brienne, who will arrive to Throne room.

Aria will go after Cersei, and Hound will be fighting with Mountain.

Tyrion and Brienne will say their final goodbyes to Jaime.

Hound will be loosing to Mountain, and Aria will have to decide again what is more important to her - family (in this case - friend), or revenge. Should she help Hound to kill Mountain, or to cross out Cersei from her list.

At this moment it will be revealed that Iron Bank manager (that was also there with Cersei) is actually Jagen H'ghar.

Either Jagen H'ghar killed real Iron Bank's manager, and took his place, or all Iron Bank people are also Faceless Men.

There are two main Powers in Braavos - Iron Bank and House of Black and White. But what if they are actually one faction? Jagen told Aryan that Free City of Braavos was established by first Faceless Man. So maybe Iron Bank is also his creation?

Faceless Men give out iron coins as 'entry tickets' to House of Black and White, and those coins (probably) are minted at Iron Bank. In that world iron is even more expensive than gold, but Faceless Men are able to give them away like candies, because they are owners of the biggest financial establishment in entire world.

Also on two ocasions Iron Bank manager (in conversation with Mace Tyrell in Braavos, and recently with Cersei) said something like - he is no one, or that he doesn't matter he's only serving <- which are things often said by Jagen H'ghar and other Faceless.

It will be really funny if fake Iron Bank manager (Jagen H'ghar in disguise), will ade Cersei with help of fake Golden Company (Second Sons in disguise) - even though they will be working separately.

Everyone will betray Cersei. EVERYONE.

Jagen H'ghar still owns one death to Arya. He knows that Hound isn't in Arya's list anymore, so there are only two names left - Cersei and Mountain. And both of them are at King's Landing. So Jagen H'ghar will go there to be close to them. Because he knows Arya, and he knows that eventually she will come after Cersei's life. That's when he will reveal himself, and offer to Arya to pay up his debt.

Arya is valonguar from the prophecy.

Spoiler

Valonguar means 'younger sibling'. So many people think that it is Tyrion. But what if prophecy's meaning is - LITERAL younger sibling, not YOUR younger sibling.

People of the same faith, or those who serve in the same temple, to same religion, are often called brothers and sisters. So Faceless Men are brothers and sisters in faith, they are children of Many Faced God. And those who are training to become Faceless Men are younger brothers/sisters. Arya was Jagen's apprentice, his little sister in faith, valonguar.

She will order Cersei's death, and Jagen H'ghar will execute her.

Cersei will be killed by two people, but because actual executor is No One, prophecy will name as her killer only one of them - valonguar.

Cersei's death prophecy fulfilled - checked.

Jagen's debt paid - checked.

Then Cersei and Jaime will be revived either by Qyburn's necromancy, or by arrival to King's Landing of Undead Army and Night's King.

When Jagen will be killing Cersei, Arya and Hound will be fighting with Mountain.

I don't know for sure, but it seems to me that after Joffrey died, Cersei gave his sword Widow's Wail to Mountain. That sword is 1/2 of Ned Stark's valyrian sword Ice. Other 1/2 is Brienne's sword Oathkeeper. Arya has valyrian dagger and Niddle sword (gift from Jon). When she will be fighting with Mountain, he will knock out from her hands valyrian dagger. She will use Niddle to take away from him Widow's Wail. Then Tyrion will pick up valyrian dagger and kill with it an Undead Cersei.

Originally that dagger belonged to Tyrion, but Cersei used it to frame Tyrion for assasination attempt at Bran. I think when Bran gave that dagger to Arya, he knew that eventually it will return to its first owner, and will be used to kill person who wanted to kill Bran.

Brienna will kill Undead Jaime with her Oathkeeper, because Jaime will try to kill Arya. Then Arya will take both swords Widow's Wail and Oathkeeper and with their use she will finally kill Mountain, and cross out last name in her list.

Widow's Wail + Oathkeeper = Ice, ancestral sword of Starks. Bran is crippled, Sansa is too lady, and Arya with her training is an ideal candidate to wield two valyrian swords.

Then Red Keep will be burned to crisp (Dany's vision in House of Undying). Either by necromanced Qyburn who will be fulfilling final order of his Queen. Or it will be burned by dragons, because King's Landing will be swarming with wights.

This may happen before, after, or simultaneously with Jon's fight against Night's King.

4. In the middle of battle Danny will die. In afterlife she will see Drogo and their son. But dragons will revive her with their magic. They will call her back to the world of living - repeat of what happened in her vision. Before she will go back to Jon, Drogo will free her from her oath (never marry again, and never have kids again).

5. Some rumours say that Jon or Dany, or even both of them will die. I want HEA for both of them, I want them alive and married, and it doesn't even matter whether they will rule over Seven Kingdoms or not.

Though I do have a theory who should be on Iron Throne and in Small Council.

Jon will be King in The North, and Dany will be Queen in The South.

Spoiler

Arya will marry with Gendry, and they will be given ancestral grounds of Baratheon's, Stormlands. But eventually their kids will rule over half of Westeros. Sansa is Lady of Winterfell, and Tyrion is Lord of Casterly Rock and Lannisport. They weren't divorced, and nobody annuled their marriage, so juridically they are still married. After what happened with Sansa, it's unlikely that she will even want to marry. And Tyrion also never wanted to have a wife. So they will remain as they are - in official marriage, but living separately. Sansa and Arya are nieces and cousins to lords of Riverrun (Edmure Tully) and Vale (Robin Arryn). Those two guys will die without heirs, Robin is too weak to survive thru Long Night, and uncle Edmure doesn't deserve to live...after what he did? - Die, Edmure, just die!

Sansa and Tyrion will be childless. On the contrary Arya and Gendry will have lots of children (Gendry's father Robert Baratheon was a horndog and fathered 18 children). So eventually Winterfell, Lannisport, Vale, Riverrun and Stormlands will be inherited by Arya's children.

Yara will be Queen of Iron Islands (Theon will die saving her). Dorne could be given either to Jorah, or to Missandei, or to Bronn (who will also marry with one of Sand Snakes). Reach will be given to Sam's family, either to his sister, or to Little Sam and Sam's and Gilly's other children (but Sam himself will stay beside Jon as his Maester).

Small Council:

Hand of the King/Queen - Tyrion.

Master of coin and lord treasurer - Bronn.

Grand Maester - Sam.

Master of whisperers - Bran (WHO COULD BE BETTER???).

Master of ships - Davos.

Those five are easy to guess, but other seats have more possible candidacies.

Master of laws could be Missandei, Arya, Gilly, Sansa, or someone else entirely.

There may be two Lords of Guards: as Lord of Queen's Guards - Gray Worm or Jorah, as Lord of King's Guards - Brienna, or Arya, or Tormund.

P.S. And last prediction, for Final of Season 7 - lots of talking, nothing important happens, NO boatsex, by the end of episode The Wall will fall.

10 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

Unlike last year I have no idea what Cersei has planned for the meeting, but Qyburn did it with her so it might be crazy, but smart too.

I doubt it will happen, but this was my first thought after seeing the trailer for the episode....

We see all of the Unsullied and Dothraki forming up outside of Kings Landing.  Wouldn't it be spectacular if Cersei had the entire field soaked with all the wildfire that was left?   Let all of Dany's forces gather outside the walls and then light a match.  Boom!

20 hours ago, A man has no name said:

i too think that might be possible especially after she said the last time she played the game of the faces it didnt go too well for the person she played it with, in which arya constantly failed before and that could be the stark death for the season lol

my predictions are

-wall will finally come down as probably the ending scene at this point

- nothing really will happen in kings landing other than some show off, maybe dany on drogon

-dany and jon will finally get into baby making actions

-littlefinger goes bye bye, probablykilled by arya

-more drama between arya and sansa maybe, if they werent playing littlefinger

-since the episode is the dragon and the wolf i believe it will be a rhaegar and lyanna reveal episode

-bran will look beautiful

3 minutes ago, Jasemina said:

i too think that might be possible especially after she said the last time she played the game of the faces it didnt go too well for the person she played it with, in which arya constantly failed before and that could be the stark death for the season lol

Arya said the game didn't end well for the last person that did the asking after Sansa asked her a question.  The person doing the asking was always the Waif when they played.

On 8/23/2017 at 2:23 AM, Col Cinders said:

Fast forward two years to 2019...

GRRM announces that this year may be the year he publishes WoW but in the meantime you can buy a version of Dunk and Egg tales in a different cover and it will include a boring sample chapter from the Dornish PoV.

Hey I thought this thread wasn't supposed to include any spoilers from people who already know what is goinf to happen!  Lol.

56 minutes ago, Jasemina said:

-bran will look beautiful

:D he definitely will.

I doubt that there would be more than one major death in the finale. My bet is on LF.

Likely Jon's parentage would be revealed for audience via Bran but not for Jon or Dany. B/c it will cause new conflict so it would probably happen in s8.

20 hours ago, Nakraal said:

Didn't Arya peel off a whole list of faces from a guy when she was at the House, from one of the earlier encounters with the concept.

That may have just been her hallucinating though, as I recall it was right after she was starting to go blind.

Either way, the second point seems plenty of reason not to entertain these theories. Arya is Arya.

Archived