Will the Night King burn down Kings Landing?

Hodor's Aunt

We all know the vision of Daenerys of the burned throne rome with snow flakes. So far everybody asumed it would be herself to burn the city or a mad queen Cersai with a wildfire plot 3.0.

But I guess it will be the Night King now. I don't know how much he knows about the situation south of the wall, but if I were him I would mount my dragon fly there and burn the city to the ground before they even get the chance to put up a defence. The ballistas should be rather useless against an undead dragon. After the city is torched and half the population starved, the undead army can handle the rest. If you let the south organize themselfs on the other hand they might be able to push the WW back.

I would assume the wight dragon will not be breathing fire. Its breath will probably be able to freeze things, so the great hall of the Red Keep gets frozen as if someone poured liquid nitrogen on it, and then gets smashed down.

2 hours ago, Hodor's Aunt said:

We all know the vision of Daenerys of the burned throne rome with snow flakes. So far everybody asumed it would be herself to burn the city or a mad queen Cersai with a wildfire plot 3.0.

But I guess it will be the Night King now. I don't know how much he knows about the situation south of the wall, but if I were him I would mount my dragon fly there and burn the city to the ground before they even get the chance to put up a defence. The ballistas should be rather useless against an undead dragon. After the city is torched and half the population starved, the undead army can handle the rest. If you let the south organize themselfs on the other hand they might be able to push the WW back.

If they get there tho, does it mean that everything before KL will be destroyed? 

5 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I would assume the wight dragon will not be breathing fire. Its breath will probably be able to freeze things, so the great hall of the Red Keep gets frozen as if someone poured liquid nitrogen on it, and then gets smashed down.

This is how I imagine his weaponized breath will work, though I expect that he won't get to King's Landing.  I don't think the image of the throne room in the red keep from the HOTU is a vision of the future or the past.  It is something that could have been but won't be since Daenerys will commit to battling the Army of the Dead instead of fighting Cersei.

The dragon won't breathe fire. If it does, I will have lost any respect for this show I had. The dragon's magic is like directly opposite of the magic of the NK. 

Honestly, I think the dragon will play a part in taking down the wall and that's about it. NK flies over the wall, breaking the magic holding the dead back and they just pour through. Then the dragon is useless except as a mode of transportation, and tail attacks. Still effective in battle I guess, but not a fire breather. 

26 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

The dragon shouldn't be able to breathe anything because it's glands were completely punctured.  I mean I guess unless tNK turns it into a white walker somehow instead of just a reanimated corpse.  I mean check the polar bear its ribs were showing.  How is this dragon supposed to be repaired when half its side is missing?

Polar bear was able to growl menacingly, even though his ribs were showing.  You have to suspend disbelief.

3 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Apparently thats what I need to do.  Just take logic out, piss all over it, and then walk away.  

Well, the show does have magical fire breathing dragons, a magical three eyed Raven who is also a time Lord, and magical trees that have facial expressions. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of reanimated corpses. So yeah, some suspension of disbelief is necessary. Has been since the opening sequence of the pilot episode.

I assume all of that vision in the House of the Undying was symbolic. That King's landing won't be burned down but the realm itself will be worn down/burned/etc.

I think they only make it to Winterfell and the fight happens there between humans and WW.

2 minutes ago, Theon_is_Azor said:

Well, the show does have magical fire breathing dragons, a magical three eyed Raven who is also a time Lord, and magical trees that have facial expressions. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of reanimated corpses. So yeah, some suspension of disbelief is necessary. Has been since the opening sequence of the pilot episode.

Some suspension

12 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

So if the Night King gets to Kings Landing wouldn't that mean Winterfell is totally fucked?  I mean unless they go around it.  

The Night's King and his forces could simply invest (besiege) Winterfell and contain the forces within instead of storming it. Laying siege, and maintaining even an extended one, would likely require fewer resources than outright storming the place. Especially if Jon's sent some of the obsidian he's been mining to Winterfell.

It's not like it would require a logistical effort to keep the wights besieging Winterfell fed.

Laying siege to Winterfell in sufficient force to contain it, but otherwise bypassing Winterfell allows the NK and co to get South before the South can prepare.

Alternatively, since he's now got an undead dragon, the NK could, in theory, deepstrike at King's Landing.

6 hours ago, Kytheros said:

Laying siege to Winterfell in sufficient force to contain it, but otherwise bypassing Winterfell allows the NK and co to get South before the South can prepare.

Exactly.

And if he wants to, he can always come back, after he's swelled his army from 100K to 40M, while the defenders of Winterfell have been huddling in overcrowded squalor eating jerky and hardtack.

19 hours ago, Illiterati said:

Polar bear was able to growl menacingly, even though his ribs were showing.  You have to suspend disbelief.

this. Skeletons with barely any flesh left to the bones are not supposed to walk and fight. Still they do in the army of the dead.

I think it is only logic if the undead dragon can do what he could before: breathing fire. BTW: If the wound would matter the dragon should also not be able to fly anymore. The breast muscles are essential for flying animals such as bats or birds. And those would be destroyed too.

Archived