Daenerys and Jon Snow - A New Targaryen Dynasty in the Making.

Stormourne

From the last few episodes, I think it is safe to assume that Jon and Daenerys are falling in love. First, the sexual tension was there from the start. Second, the weeks or months spent together allowed them to observe one another, figure out what their true motives were, etc. And third, we have to remember the scene in season 6 when Daenerys said that the best way to make an alliance in Westeros was through marriage. And marriage will be the main topic of discussion in this thread.

With Jon Snow being the legitimate son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, he has the greater claim on the Iron Throne. However, we must note that he has no real desire for being king. What he wants is to protect the realm from the White Walkers and their Army of the Dead. So, the first question we must ask ourselves, what would need to happen for Jon to actively want to be crowned King of Westeros? And the answer is simple. Children. Jon has always hated the idea of fathering bastards. This is what stopped him from losing his virginity back in Winter's Town before the show even began. Theon had dragged him to brothel, payed for a prostitute, and Jon froze. Not because he could not get an erection - but because the only thought running through his mind was "what if I got her pregnant?" Jon knows what being a bastard does to you, how to affects your life. So illegitimate children is out of the question.

I think it is safe to claim that Jon and Daenerys might make love for the first time on the boat trip back to King's Landing. The chemistry is there, all that is needed is a spark. And because they both believe she is infertile, they won't be having "safe" sex. There is a chance that this is the moment she will become pregnant, unknowingly - a plot that will most likely be expanded upon early in season 8. And once the deed is done, and war is won, all that is left is Bran and Gilly - bless her heart. Perhaps Jon will learn his father is Rhaegar before the war is won? Who knows. Either way, the end is the same. Not only will Daenerys and Jon learn that they are related, but that he has the greater claim over her. Now, some of you will think that "she has dragons" so she automatically wins. That is not true. Daenerys is trying to "break the wheel", to show that she is a different sort of queen. A new queen. And warring against your nephew for the throne is counter-productive to what she wants to achieve.

I assume there will be conflict between them learning the truth, and her learning that she is pregnant with his child. A royal heir. A bastard. And this raise the question of marriage, so that a legitimate heir is born and the Dynasty secure for the future. And Jon is a man who values honor, so learning that he has gotten her with child will almost force him to marry her, not that he would be against it. Since, they are already falling in love, and marriage would not be the worst thing.

Now for the benefits. The North has wanted independence for the last few years because they were fed up being ruled by Southern rulers who knew nothing of the Northern way of life. Jon being name King of Westeros would allow the Northern lords to consider rejoining the south to form one kingdom again. Not only would they have a Stark-born-Targaryen on the Throne, but their interests will not be forgotten again. And the fact that we now have two contenders for the throne leaves only two choices, either they fight or fuck. And there is no time for fighting. Fucking, on the other hand, is what keeps you warm in winter :P

This seems to be the direction the show is going in. And for a Targaryen dynasty to born anew, there must be Targaryen incest. Magic sperm in a womb damaged through blood magic = magic healing. Even if one of the two characters is destined to die, it won't happen before a child is born. Or the Targaryen line will die... and who will inherent the Throne then? There would be civil war, petty lords would fight for their own interests, for their own kings. And there is no time for that.

And since a potential child between Daenerys and Jon could be conceived before they realise they are related, would be less weird. Although Daenerys would not mind, I don't think, Jon would have been conflicted about it. But since they will fall in love, be in love before the news hit them, I think they will get over it. In one way, it will seem like a blessing from the gods. 

Some may not like the pairing, some may feel the romance is rushed, but the way the show is pushing them together seem to point in the direction I've outlined. They might go about it in another way, but the ending will be the same. For the Targaryen line to continue, Jon must be the knee, both knees, and show Daenerys how men in North get business done!

Peace.

I don't see a Dynasty in the making.  That is decidedly not breaking the wheel.  They'll fall in love, she'll conceive, he'll find out his parentage before she tells him she is pregnant, there will be tension, he'll eventually accept that it is "no big deal" for Targaryens to marry (ummm it should be a big deal and gross), but before thet wed she dies in childbirth, either with him there or he is already dead and we get a "promise me, ned" scene with either Jorah or Tyrion taking Jon's bastard son and raising them in the "new world" Dany/Jon helped to build where being a bastard is no big deal and nobody bends the knee.

They've all but foreshadowed that Dany will never wear the crown based on her convo with Tyrion about succession.  That seemed like a message meant for the audience, because there was no point in having that discussion in universe at that moment.

I guess I shouldn't think everything that happens must have a point.

LOL, the ridiculous talk about Dany's succession was in there to create false tension. With Dany being barren Jon might actually be the better alternative to her and perhaps they can't be together because they would not be able to have children.

Which is not going to happen. There will be a miracle child.

5 minutes ago, Dragonandwolf said:

Wow I have been wondering that too, the emphasis on her succession, why would Tyrion bring that up if she hasnt even won the war.

I wouldn´t mind if they get together and have a kid, but since this is GOT , that may not happen and they all could die at the end.

I think Tyrion is bringing it up because Dany has been doing some super risky stuff lately. Tyrion knows that if she dies then the Dothraki will likely go back to wherever it was they're from and the Unsullied would do who knows what. He'll be all alone for his sister to catch him and kill him. I think he wants some kind of official decree that if she were to die then he would be in charge and that everyone would have to follow him. 

1 hour ago, Illiterati said:

They've all but foreshadowed that Dany will never wear the crown based on her convo with Tyrion about succession.  That seemed like a message meant for the audience, because there was no point in having that discussion in universe at that moment.

I guess I shouldn't think everything that happens must have a point.

Its pretty much a given now Daenerys will not sit on the Iron Throne, I think its also a given now she will become pregnant due to all the children quotes and succession.  Whether she will give birth will be a different matter. 

I'm not sure how Dany will have time to sustain a full-term pregnancy and pop out a child, given how much has to be accomplished before the end of the series, even setting aside her supposed infertility.  Maybe dragon-riding is easier on a pregnant woman than horseback riding in the last weeks?  

Since I doubt that both Jon and Dany will survive, I wouldn't mind them having a living child before they die in various horrible ways.  I would worry about the kid's health, though; with its mother being the offspring of two full siblings and its father being its mother's nephew.  

48 minutes ago, BradDoty08 said:

I think Tyrion is bringing it up because Dany has been doing some super risky stuff lately. Tyrion knows that if she dies then the Dothraki will likely go back to wherever it was they're from and the Unsullied would do who knows what. He'll be all alone for his sister to catch him and kill him. I think he wants some kind of official decree that if she were to die then he would be in charge and that everyone would have to follow him. 

That makes sense.

Im not liking all this foreshadowing for Dany :(

6 hours ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

From the last few episodes, I think it is safe to assume that Jon and Daenerys are falling in love. First, the sexual tension was there from the start. Second, the weeks or months spent together allowed them to observe one another, figure out what their true motives were, etc. And third, we have to remember the scene in season 6 when Daenerys said that the best way to make an alliance in Westeros was through marriage. And marriage will be the main topic of discussion in this thread.

With Jon Snow being the legitimate son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, he has the greater claim on the Iron Throne. However, we must note that he has no real desire for being king. What he wants is to protect the realm from the White Walkers and their Army of the Dead. So, the first question we must ask ourselves, what would need to happen for Jon to actively want to be crowned King of Westeros? And the answer is simple. Children. Jon has always hated the idea of fathering bastards. This is what stopped him from losing his virginity back in Winter's Town before the show even began. Theon had dragged him to brothel, payed for a prostitute, and Jon froze. Not because he could not get an erection - but because the only thought running through his mind was "what if I got her pregnant?" Jon knows what being a bastard does to you, how to affects your life. So illegitimate children is out of the question.

I think it is safe to claim that Jon and Daenerys might make love for the first time on the boat trip back to King's Landing. The chemistry is there, all that is needed is a spark. And because they both believe she is infertile, they won't be having "safe" sex. There is a chance that this is the moment she will become pregnant, unknowingly - a plot that will most likely be expanded upon early in season 8. And once the deed is done, and war is won, all that is left is Bran and Gilly - bless her heart. Perhaps Jon will learn his father is Rhaegar before the war is won? Who knows. Either way, the end is the same. Not only will Daenerys and Jon learn that they are related, but that he has the greater claim over her. Now, some of you will think that "she has dragons" so she automatically wins. That is not true. Daenerys is trying to "break the wheel", to show that she is a different sort of queen. A new queen. And warring against your nephew for the throne is counter-productive to what she wants to achieve.

I assume there will be conflict between them learning the truth, and her learning that she is pregnant with his child. A royal heir. A bastard. And this raise the question of marriage, so that a legitimate heir is born and the Dynasty secure for the future. And Jon is a man who values honor, so learning that he has gotten her with child will almost force him to marry her, not that he would be against it. Since, they are already falling in love, and marriage would not be the worst thing.

Now for the benefits. The North has wanted independence for the last few years because they were fed up being ruled by Southern rulers who knew nothing of the Northern way of life. Jon being name King of Westeros would allow the Northern lords to consider rejoining the south to form one kingdom again. Not only would they have a Stark-born-Targaryen on the Throne, but their interests will not be forgotten again. And the fact that we now have two contenders for the throne leaves only two choices, either they fight or fuck. And there is no time for fighting. Fucking, on the other hand, is what keeps you warm in winter :P

This seems to be the direction the show is going in. And for a Targaryen dynasty to born anew, there must be Targaryen incest. Magic sperm in a womb damaged through blood magic = magic healing. Even if one of the two characters is destined to die, it won't happen before a child is born. Or the Targaryen line will die... and who will inherent the Throne then? There would be civil war, petty lords would fight for their own interests, for their own kings. And there is no time for that.

And since a potential child between Daenerys and Jon could be conceived before they realise they are related, would be less weird. Although Daenerys would not mind, I don't think, Jon would have been conflicted about it. But since they will fall in love, be in love before the news hit them, I think they will get over it. In one way, it will seem like a blessing from the gods. 

Some may not like the pairing, some may feel the romance is rushed, but the way the show is pushing them together seem to point in the direction I've outlined. They might go about it in another way, but the ending will be the same. For the Targaryen line to continue, Jon must be the knee, both knees, and show Daenerys how men in North get business done!

Peace.

Lannister incest = no way gross

Targareyan incest = yay!!! Bring it on 

lol

12 minutes ago, Dragonandwolf said:

That makes sense.

Im not liking all this foreshadowing for Dany :(

See I think Tyrion is bringing it up because the show writers had to set the stage for a Dany pregnancy by Jon, also the reason she specifically said to Jon and Tyrion she can't have children and the same reason Jorah mentioned Jon's children inheriting Longclaw.  

Its gonna happen.  I would have maybe believed Dany would name Jon her successor but then the Jorah Jon conversation took place and now I believe the OP is absolutely correct.  

Jon and Dany sitting in a tree....

Just now, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

See I think Tyrion is bringing it up because the show writers had to set the stage for a Dany pregnancy by Jon, also the reason she specifically said to Jon and Tyrion she can't have children and the same reason Jorah mentioned Jon's children inheriting Longclaw.  

Its gonna happen.  I would have maybe believed Dany would name Jon her successor but then the Jorah Jon conversation took place and now I believe the OP is absolutely correct.  

I hope that is why they did it !!! :):) 

Need some happiness after Viserions´death

Did Mirri Maz Duur really say Dany was forever infertile? 

In the books, Dany asked Mirri Maz Durr when Drogo would wake up from his vegetative state. Mirri Maz Duur then lists several "impossible" conditions to Drogo's recovery that must occur -- the sun rising in the west and setting in the east, the sea drying up, etc. -- before getting to Dany's bearing a liiving child. ALL of those things would have to happen PLUS Dany having a child before Drogo would be normal. Another way to say, "He'll never be normal." But does that mean Dany's having a living child is as unlikely as the sun rising in the west, etc.? I'm not sure it does.  

PLUS, in the show, the last condition to Drogo's recovery -- Dany bearing a living child -- is not uttered. Here is the clip. 

Only the sun rising in the west, setting in the east, the sea drying up and the mountains crumblings are mentioned as conditions to Drogo's recovery. So even if Book Dany interprets Mirri Maz Duur's words to mean that it is impossible for her to bear a child, why does Show Dany believe she can't bear children? 

22 minutes ago, Dragonandwolf said:

I hope that is why they did it !!! :):) 

Need some happiness after Viserions´death

I think they definitely will end together !I hope !this was my wish since D-1 but it s Got so we don't know I just hope the ending will not be a disapointment..they both deserve to be happy and rewarded for all their commitment .

This is an interesting thought, and one I've pondered as well. It does seem like this is the direction D&D are going. This most recent episode had a lot of talk of children and the future of the Targaryen dynasty. And when Jorah made the comment to Jon about Longclaw serving his house and future children, I thought that statement was a bit too loaded to be coincidental, especially with all the other talk of children throughout the episode.

I know it should probably be assumed everyone hanging out in this thread has seen the most recent episode, but just in case...

With the death (and subsequent zombification) of Viserion, it dashes a lot of the three-headed dragon theories to bits. If Jon and Dany do end up married with a child, it sets it up for this to be the new three-headed dragon. Not a warrior, but a peacekeeper.

32 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Jon and Dany sitting in a tree....

:agree:

1 hour ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Its pretty much a given now Daenerys will not sit on the Iron Throne, I think its also a given now she will become pregnant due to all the children quotes and succession.  Whether she will give birth will be a different matter. 

I don't know.  I feel like Jon is going to be shooting blanks since... he died.  

Guess it depends on how much the whole Fire Wight thing transfers to screen. 

Please no continuing the Targaryen incest dynasty.

Not only is creating a dynasty the complete opposite of 'breaking the wheel'

but seriously; the inbreeding in the Targaryen lines has basically fucked it up for good

Jon will most likely die fighting the white walkers.  He came back to life for a reason and I don't think that reason was to put his butt on the iron throne.  Jon is not very good at ruling.  Daenerys is much better in that respect and she has a successful track records of changing the system to better the lives of people.  One only has to point at the millions of slaves who are now free for proof.  Dany is an agent of change.  She has a future arc while Jon does not beyond fighting the Others.

Archived