Daenerys and Jon Snow - A New Targaryen Dynasty in the Making.

Stormourne

2 minutes ago, Garota Sem Rosto said:

You forget...

- the end will be bittersweet. Where is the bitter part?

Their kids are terrible as teenagers—disrupting class, bringing home gutter trash from Fleabottom, stealing the dragons to go out for a drunken night on the town.

Also, Jon and Dany have drifted apart without the excitement of their early years to drive them. Most evenings, she comes home from a hard day of queening, and he's sitting on the sofa eating bonbons. They just grunt at each other and go their separate ways for the rest of the night. It's not tragic, but it's kind of sad.

17 minutes ago, Garota Sem Rosto said:

You forget...

- dany can't have children;

- Jon is died;

- the end will be bittersweet. Where is the bitter part?

An argument could be made that Jon will die in the end, sacrifice himself for the realm, but that does not mean he won't be able to impregnate Daenerys Targaryen through his magic-fire-sperm - why do people want the Targaryen Dynasty to die so much? It baffles me. Daenerys falling in love with Jon, getting pregnant, then learning he died for her and the realm is bittersweet, is it not????? :D 

8 hours ago, falcotron said:

Their kids are terrible as teenagers—disrupting class, bringing home gutter trash from Fleabottom, stealing the dragons to go out for a drunken night on the town.

Also, Jon and Dany have drifted apart without the excitement of their early years to drive them. Most evenings, she comes home from a hard day of queening, and he's sitting on the sofa eating bonbons. They just grunt at each other and go their separate ways for the rest of the night. It's not tragic, but it's kind of sad.

Maybe I haven't figured out very well what you said, because I'm still learning to speak English, but it seems a normal life, neither bitter nor sweet. 

15 minutes ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

An argument could be made that Jon will die in the end, sacrifice himself for the realm, but that does not mean he won't be able to impregnate Daenerys Targaryen through his magic-fire-sperm - why do people want the Targaryen Dynasty to die so much? It baffles me. Daenerys falling in love with Jon, getting pregnant, then learning he died for her and the realm is bittersweet, is it not????? :D 

If they have a child then they could both be killed as the child could still carry the Targaryean name, whether open or in secret to protect its true identity. 

I hope and don't think they will kill off both Dany and Jon.  That's more than just bittersweet. 

3 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

I am still not convinced that those two will end up together. I think the directors are just trying to tease viewers with the possibility

That's just me tho

It's like the only way to meaningfully continue the Targaryen Dynasty. Besides her, who else could Jon Snow/Targaryen marry? Who else has the political power as Daenerys? There are seven episodes left, and the relationship between them has been building up. There is no room for another random women to step in and become queen.

7 minutes ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

It's like the only way to meaningfully continue the Targaryen Dynasty. Besides her, who else could Jon Snow/Targaryen marry? Who else has the political power as Daenerys? There are seven episodes left, and the relationship between them has been building up. There is no room for another random women to step in and become queen.

Why does the Targaryen Dynasty have to continue? Weren't the Targs responsible for starting that wheel ? :D

It would be pretty cool to see Arya and Gendry on the throne like it was "meant to be"

7 minutes ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

It's like the only way to meaningfully continue the Targaryen Dynasty. Besides her, who else could Jon Snow/Targaryen marry? Who else has the political power as Daenerys? 

The thory I currently subscribe to:

There will be know new Targaryen dynasty. Dany is diverted from her quest for the IT and is reunited with Drogo and Rhaego when she dies in the north. 

Jon has already died and likely can't father a child.  

Ultimately if the IT continues to exist it will be held by Gendry after he's legitimized as the son and heir of Rober Baratheon. He will likely marry Sansa and they will rule together.  She's got the smarts and he'll just be pretty. 

In the end the Baratheon and Stark houses are joined as Ned and Rob wanted.  

Or I'm full of horse poop and have no idea what im talking about.  

Ok, this is what I think it's gonna happen in the books:

-Dany and her dragons are going to die.

-The Iron Throne is going to be destroyed.

-Jon Snow will leave Westeros Frodo-style, probably going beyond the Wall (or what used to be the Wall) to ensure the Long Night doesn't happen again.

On the Show, considering what we've seen so far, I'd say Dany is a goner. But that's the only thing I'm fairly certain about.

17 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

The thory I currently subscribe to:

There will be know new Targaryen dynasty. Dany is diverted from her quest for the IT and is reunited with Drogo and Rhaego when she dies in the north. 

Jon has already died and likely can't father a child.  

Ultimately if the IT continues to exist it will be held by Gendry after he's legitimized as the son and heir of Rober Baratheon. He will likely marry Sansa and they will rule together.  She's got the smarts and he'll just be pretty. 

In the end the Baratheon and Stark houses are joined as Ned and Rob wanted.  

Or I'm full of horse poop and have no idea what im talking about.  

That will be a new Baratheon/Stark Dynasty, though. If this were the books, the outcome would be even more uncertain. But since this is the show we're talking about, there will be some simplicity. Neither Gendry and Sansa or Gendry and Arya will work in terms of the Iron Throne. They don't have the numbers, nor the claim. Gendry being an unknown bastard of the former king will only get him so far. And we have to remember that Gendry has never wanted power, only freedom. He was taught the education of a layman, he is not politically savvy and would not be a great king. All the power would be wielded through his advisers, which is not a good thing.

The fact that the show actively showed the audience that Jon Targaryen is a legitimate heir to the throne is a plot point that cannot be ignored now. Why do that if he will just die off in the north without leaving a mark? His legitimate status would mean that his son or daughter will have the strongest claim for the Iron Throne should he die. And he would never father a bastard, so should he get Daenerys pregnant by accident, he will make it right and marry her.

And marriage between makes political sense. They both have claims on the Iron Throne, and both have armies. Daenerys may be larger and stronger, but attacking her nephew goes against her quest to "Break the Wheel". This leaves two options, abdicate in favor of Jon or marry him and preserve power. Especially if she does have sex with him and gets pregnant. Her child will be heir, and for him/her to be a bastard is politically detrimental to the empire she wants to rebuild.

The only plausible outcome is, therefore, marriage. This will avert a civil war, strengthen House Targaryen, unify the North and South under one rule, heal old wounds, and secure the possibility for a Dynasty that can reign another 300 years.

No other female character can give that to Jon Snow, no other female character can unify Westeros in the same way Daenerys can. Whether Jon lives or dies is a mute point - all men must die. The real question is, will he die before or after fathering a child. And it would not make sense for him to die beforehand.

7 hours ago, Only 89 selfies today said:

Jon will most likely die fighting the white walkers.  He came back to life for a reason and I don't think that reason was to put his butt on the iron throne.  Jon is not very good at ruling.  Daenerys is much better in that respect and she has a successful track records of changing the system to better the lives of people.  One only has to point at the millions of slaves who are now free for proof.  Dany is an agent of change.  She has a future arc while Jon does not beyond fighting the Others.

The show has made it a point to state that Dany is a conqueror not a ruler through Daario and then have Sansa state that Jon is good at ruling.  In the end all that matters is what the show thinks not us.  I also don't see Jon dying considering Alliser Thorne's last words about him fighting these battles forever. 

Also seriously doubt that GRMM went from both characters surviving in his original outline to both dying like so many seem to think.

The only reason I even think Dany might die in childbirth is because the author loves history repeating itself. And no there won't be a breaking of the wheel, there will no happily ever after. 

On 21/08/2017 at 6:28 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

I don't see a Dynasty in the making.  That is decidedly not breaking the wheel.  They'll fall in love, she'll conceive, he'll find out his parentage before she tells him she is pregnant, there will be tension, he'll eventually accept that it is "no big deal" for Targaryens to marry (ummm it should be a big deal and gross), but before thet wed she dies in childbirth, either with him there or he is already dead and we get a "promise me, ned" scene with either Jorah or Tyrion taking Jon's bastard son and raising them in the "new world" Dany/Jon helped to build where being a bastard is no big deal and nobody bends the knee.

HAHA! I thought exactly the same thing! Dany dies giving birth, Jon also dies since he is the hero and heroes do the stupidest bravest thing and then die. Jon was dead. The lord of light brought him back not to start another Targaryen dynasty... But to defeat the WW... After that he will die peacefully and Dany also will die giving birth... She will give her baby to Darioo (not a proper person) or Jorah (if he doesn't die) or Tyrion (since she values his advice) ... Very sad ending Though

On 22/08/2017 at 3:05 AM, Skills said:

I hope and don't think they will kill off both Dany and Jon.  That's more than just bittersweet. 

Daenerys can die giving birth ... Just like Lyanna, Just like her mother, and also like Tyrion's Mother. Jon will be the king alone...

Or, Daenerys can stay alive and Jon Dies in the battlefield

Or, Daenerys dies giving birth and Jon dies on the battle field... That's the kind of end game of thrones is able to give us... Jon died once... If he is alive today, it's for a purpose... Just like Benjen... Comes back and save people and die for good...

Having both protagonists die is not a bittersweet ending, It's a tragic ending.

Having Daenerys die in childbirth would be the worst possible way to kill her off, it would be like having Jon slip on a patch of ice and break his own neck.

Archived