Team Daenerys, Team Sansa or Team Jon?

Angel Eyes

Daenerys for sure.  I am surprised this is a question.  It is only possible for him and Sansa to be together if the context is that Daenerys is dead and the realm will be at war with itself if Jon and Sansa don't sit the throne together.  But they are still cousins raised as siblings, might actually be weirder than him and Daenerys together from a fan reaction standpoint.

6 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Daenerys for sure.  I am surprised this is a question.  It is only possible for him and Sansa to be together if the context is that Daenerys is dead and the realm will be at war with itself if Jon and Sansa don't sit the throne together.  But they are still cousins raised as siblings, might actually be weirder than him and Daenerys together from a fan reaction standpoint.

Well, I thought Jon liked girls who were kissed by fire: redheads.

5 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Well, I thought Jon liked girls who were kissed by fire: redheads.

Sorry I probably came off a bit dickish there - I really didn't like last night's episode and was in a foul mood.  I didn't get the impression he was into gingers per se, more just fell for Ygritte because of her personality and close proximity.  Show Daenerys and her fiery temper and independence seem more like Ygritte to me.  What is your thought on it?

i agree, i think what attracts jon is are women with strong wills, and both ygritte and dany have that. sansa is getting there, but she still still has some of the naive trusting of the wrong people clinging to her at the edges, and she still has this contempt, slight as it has become, for jon, IMO, maybe for him being a bastard, or for him being more concerned with army of the dead, which she hasnt seen, than with cersie. daenerys was at least willing to given him a little benefit of the doubt, likely because she herself has dealt with things many once considered impossibilites, like dragons, the warlocks of quarth, her own fire immunity, but all sansa has seen has been the evils of human nature, not the supernatural. what she sees as the greatest threats come from the ordinary people of the south, not the folklore of the north.

On 8/21/2017 at 10:03 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Sorry I probably came off a bit dickish there - I really didn't like last night's episode and was in a foul mood.  I didn't get the impression he was into gingers per se, more just fell for Ygritte because of her personality and close proximity.  Show Daenerys and her fiery temper and independence seem more like Ygritte to me.  What is your thought on it?

Well, Daenerys isn't much for action either. But there are other benefits... As shown here.

On 21/8/2017 at 11:41 AM, Angel Eyes said:

Who do you think Jon's more likely to end up with between Daenerys or Sansa? Or will he just follow his own path?

Danaerys, without a shadow of doubt.:D

Spoiler

The recent interview to Alan Taylor, who directed episode 6, makes pretty clear that Jon and Dany were meant to get together since the beginning, he said that GGRM was pretty open when they were filming season 1, and back then it came as a surprising thing that he wouldn't have imagined,  George said in the set back then that Jon and Dany  were sort of the point of the whole series.

Daenerys, it's pretty obvious at this point.They have so much in common and so much that they like and respect about the other. The episode 7 title kinda gives it away as well.

Not sure why he would end up with Sansa, or why he would even want too. 
Yes, Jon and Dany are more closely related, but they don't even know they're related.
Jon and Sansa however, were raised as (half)siblings, and have acted like siblings their entire lives. 

All those people who are allergic to blood-relatives being intimate in this show should frown upon that pairing way harder, but it's Jon/Dany who gets all the incestuous hate. 

On 8/24/2017 at 7:15 AM, MinscS2 said:

Daenerys, it's pretty obvious at this point.They have so much in common and so much that they like and respect about the other. The episode 7 title kinda gives it away as well.

Not sure why he would end up with Sansa, or why he would even want too. 
Yes, Jon and Dany are more closely related, but they don't even know they're related.
Jon and Sansa however, were raised as (half)siblings, and have acted like siblings their entire lives. 

All those people who are allergic to blood-relatives being intimate in this show should frown upon that pairing way harder, but it's Jon/Dany who gets all the incestuous hate. 

Let me tell you why it could work. 

Daenerys is barren, it's said quite a few times. Not many people are left; Yara Greyjoy likes women and is stuck somewhere with Euron, the Tyrells are dead, Martells are dead and the Sand Snakes are too, with Cersei prophesized to die.

Jon and Sansa weren't close at all growing up; there's no conversations between them.

There is precedent in Westerosi culture of marrying cousins; Tywin Lannister married his cousin Joanna. Heck, Brandon, Ned, Lyanna and Benjen's parents were first cousins once removed. 

Barring any info from Sam, Jon is still a bastard and despite being King in the North, how well will the Northern lords react when it turns out that they've been ruled by a dragon in the skin of a wolf? Marrying Sansa would bury the tension that Littlefinger is trying to create by trying to isolate Sansa to keep her for himself. I'm all for Littlefinger getting thwarted, especially for pulling the stunt that sent Sansa to the Boltons and causing this entire mess called the War of Five Kings.

In the episode "A Golden Crown", Ned says he will find someone who's worthy of Sansa, someone who is brave, gentle and strong. 

Also, bear in mind, Jon went to war for Sansa to win back the North.

Any questions?

On 8/24/2017 at 7:02 AM, A Ghost of Someone said:

Jon may go his own path and may or may not end up with anyone.

Sansa -  No.

Dany - yeah, a hookup but then when he finds out she is his Auntie, no more.

Hence why I put in the Team Jon suggestion. :-)

These are my three favourite characters! I am starting to waver on Dany though (she seems weaker this season) I definitely don't want Jon to end up with either of these girls! He needs his own path. He's strong enough not to rely on them. I absolutely hate the insest between the Lannister's and if any of these characters go down that route then they are disgusting to me and I couldn't see them the same. I'm really bummed that Val wasn't in the series. I always saw her and Jon as perfect together and the most likely woman for him. I know everyone wants Dany and Jon together (which I don't get) but the only way I would be ok with it is if it stops immediately when they learn the truth. If she got pregnant or if they got married before finding out I kind of could see a prophecy moment of one of them putting a sword in the others heart. Both Sansa and Dany want the ultimate power too much. In my opinion Jon would be in danger with either of them as his Queen.

39 minutes ago, Firefly11 said:

I absolutely hate the insest between the Lannister's and if any of these characters go down that route then they are disgusting to me and I couldn't see them the same.

Then you should stop watching this show, right now. Don't watch episode 7, and don't watch season 8.

Both Sansa and Dany want the ultimate power too much. In my opinion Jon would be in danger with either of them as his Queen.

Dany proved in the recent episode (6) that the Ironthrone, "ultimate power" actually isn't the most important thing for her anymore.
By trying to put together an armistice with Cersei and get her on board, instead of just flying over there and crushing her before marching north with her armies, Dany showed that she's actually ready to reconsider what's actually most important for her, and ultimately, it wasn't the Ironthrone.

To be quite honest, the show is so garbage after the show runners decided that Cersei is the ruler of the show for all time that i think it would be interesting if Jon would end up with Sansa and ruling the north. It is obvious that Dany and her dragons are mostly a tease, and Cersei will still dominate and win season 8 just like she has every season. The show runners are provably gonna sacrifice Dany to Cersei, give her a horrific humiliating death and at this point that's ok. What if in the war vs the walkers, the Part of the north that is connected to the south gets destroyed just like the arm of Dorne, separating the north and the south by a large space of water forever?. The show runners can have their Cersei show in the south, and give us, the fans, a once and only treat by letting jon win the war and staying ruling the north. He and Sansa would get closer by their struggles of overcoming the walkers. Im not a fan of Sansa but i can see her falling for Jon even without knowing that they are not siblings.

Jon and Sansa behave like brother and sister and absolutely nothing points into direction of romance. No, not at all.

Jon fell in love with Ygritte because she seduced him and they experienced some adventures together. I don't see any indication that he favors red-heads. Daenerys is much more the strong type of woman he favors than Sansa even could.

Archived