Daenerys will die in episode 7.

Poncio

As any book reader I'm quite pissed by the last few seasons, but I think they could still save the day in one last blow next sunday. Killing Daenerys at the armistice in KL.

What's delusional this season is not only the thematical and logical downfall of the storytelling, but its predictability as well. This used to be the most suspenseful show in the world, but last night we all knew Daenerys would have saved them all, the Night's King would have killed a dragon, Jon would have never died in the lake. But when it comes to season finale, I still hope they're thinking something better.

Let's face it, what can really happen to shock the viewers? It's really likely Littlefinger will die and the WW will breach the wall. None of this events is slightly surprising. It's true the show became lame, but last two years showrunners really tried their best in the final episodes to surprise us. Despite everything, we all enjoyed the Sept of Baelor sequence from last year. So what could really happen this time?

Jon can't possibly die (and if he does, he can always resurrect). Neither can Cersei, imo: she's the heart of the show, and going into the final season without a villain expect for the NK would really be a suicide. I can't see many possibilities other than Daenerys' death.

Two episodes ago, Cersei told Jaime they should win this war like their father would have (ignoring guest right, for example). Last episode, Tyrion brought up the problem of Daenerys' succession. She made an incredible mistake, trying to play the game without being ruthless against her enemies, and now she's making another one, going into the lion's den trusting them to behave peacefully. She's making Ned's and Robb's mistakes and for the sake of the show she should die. Her death would leave us with a sense of doom, since she's the only one capable of controlling a dragon and the Wall is falling down.

But maybe I'm just a summer boy and the series will really end up with Jon and Daenerys on the throne.

25 minutes ago, Poncio said:

As any book reader I'm quite pissed by the last few seasons, but I think they could still save the day in one last blow next sunday. Killing Daenerys at the armistice in KL.

What's delusional this season is not only the thematical and logical downfall of the storytelling, but its predictability as well. This used to be the most suspenseful show in the world, but last night we all knew Daenerys would have saved them all, the Night's King would have killed a dragon, Jon would have never died in the lake. But when it comes to season finale, I still hope they're thinking something better.

Let's face it, what can really happen to shock the viewers? It's really likely Littlefinger will die and the WW will breach the wall. None of this events is slightly surprising. It's true the show became lame, but last two years showrunners really tried their best in the final episodes to surprise us. Despite everything, we all enjoyed the Sept of Baelor sequence from last year. So what could really happen this time?

Jon can't possibly die (and if he does, he can always resurrect). Neither can Cersei, imo: she's the heart of the show, and going into the final season without a villain expect for the NK would really be a suicide. I can't see many possibilities other than Daenerys' death.

Two episodes ago, Cersei told Jaime they should win this war like their father would have (ignoring guest right, for example). Last episode, Tyrion brought up the problem of Daenerys' succession. She made an incredible mistake, trying to play the game without being ruthless against her enemies, and now she's making another one, going into the lion's den trusting them to behave peacefully. She's making Ned's and Robb's mistakes and for the sake of the show she should die. Her death would leave us with a sense of doom, since she's the only one capable of controlling a dragon and the Wall is falling down.

But maybe I'm just a summer boy and the series will really end up with Jon and Daenerys on the throne.

I think that would fall too much in line with the old GoT we knew and loved. This new version of the show will probably see some divine intervention save them all so they can live happily ever after.

27 minutes ago, Poncio said:

Hate to tell ya, she won't die next episode, no way. They MIGHT have her die in the last hour of the show next season. But I don't think that will be the case.

The books on the other hand, I think she dies.

I think that Daenerys will die but not sooner than next season.

But I've been also thinking about who is going to die in the finale because someone has to, right? My money is on Yara because she is the closest to a life-threating situation and she hasn't appaered since Ep3.

I hope that LF will make it to the next season, based on what Aidan Gillen said, but honestly, I've been expecting him to die every episode this season because he keeps on doing idiotic moves.

Just now, Nerevanin said:

I think that Daenerys will die but not sooner than next season.

But I've been also thinking about who is going to die in the finale because someone has to, right? My money is on Yara because she is the closest to a life-threating situation and she hasn't appaered since Ep3.

I hope that LF will make it to the next season, based on what Aidan Gillen said, but honestly, I've been expecting him to die every episode this season because he keeps on doing idiotic moves.

I honestly thought a bunch of people were going to die last night. Then suddenly 5ish randoms joined the party and they all died. It would have made sense to kill them off there and I have no idea why the show didn't.

But more to your point ... LF has to die next episode, right? though I feel like I have been saying that for weeks now...

Maybe Yara dies, just to kill someone? I could see that. Past that, who knows...

I'd like this to be true, but it won't happen in the next episode. Before she dies she needs to find out about Jon's parentage and claim to the throne and there also needs to be some realisation of / climax to their relationship (we've been smacked around the head with the prospect of those two getting together for her to die before anything happens). She absolutely is walking into the lion's den and reason says she shouldn't be leaving with her head, but she will. 

tyrion stresses tht she cannot trust them - and she does not. I do not think she would die - if anyone is in danger ir is Jaime or Brienne (unlikely both at the same time) and likely Hound in the Cleganebowl.

Though I could see Dany being injured / knocked out... And Drogon taking clues from Jon.

Also Dany is probably the younger queen csting Cersei down - if anything, Cersei being unseated and seeking refuge with Euron? Or even striking a deal with the Night King? 

I don't know why people think there should be a surprise element to this tale.  In the books only one major character has died.  Eddard.  Everyone else is still going.  I really have no idea how the books and show have obtained this reputation that no one is safe when they clearly are if they have a POV in the first book.

5 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

I honestly thought a bunch of people were going to die last night. Then suddenly 5ish randoms joined the party and they all died. It would have made sense to kill them off there and I have no idea why the show didn't.

I know. I was pretty sure that Beric, Thoros and Tormund will die, Jorah possibly too (although in that case they could just straight kill him off instead of curing him). And eventually only Thoros died. (A red priest freezes to death? Tell me about irony). I highly doubt that anyone from the fellowship but Jon and Gendry (more or less the heir to the Baratheon house) will have any importance in the upcoming story.

2 minutes ago, S. OF HOUSE STARK said:

I'd like this to be true, but it won't happen in the next episode. Before she dies she needs to find out about Jon's parentage and claim to the throne and there also needs to be some realisation of / climax to their relationship (we've been smacked around the head with the prospect of those two getting together for her to die before anything happens). She absolutely is walking into the lion's den and reason says she shouldn't be leaving with her head, but she will. 

Definitely. In fact your whole post is completely right.

3 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

Agreed.  She gets close to the iron throne but then heads north and never returns.  

This is my prediction as well. :)

Dany won't die, let's not be ridiculous.

LF will die. And Arya and Sansa will giggle and high five each other. Hound or Frankenmountain or both will die - I mean who really thinks they are stopping the fan service now? Clegane-bowl is better than confirmed, it's practically started.

And no one will care. Not really. Meh.

It would be epic if Jaime killed Cersei in the next episode after Brienne reminds him of the stuffs not in the show, but - lolololol no (she will die in the penultimate episode in the next season as Jaime's Nissa Nissa)

We will get the wall faling down as the cliffhanger.

I really really _really_ wish they take much more care writing the final season. It is such a shame how once the greatest tv-show of all times - financially as well - seems to be heading to end as an utter failure. grrrrr

I don't get why people want major characters to die.does dany or jon snow dying make the show better?

i agree that the last 2 seasons havn't been that good but that's not because people aren't dying.

i dont think dany will die next episode...maybe in next season but i think the most they will do and expect to be 'shocking', which at this point for me it wont really be impressive since its kinda expected, will be the wall coming down and white walkers and wights marching down

only death im expecting is LF in regards to next episode

Archived