Daenerys will die in episode 7.

Poncio

Here's the irony about complaining about predictablility, the only thing that ever mattered in the endgame of the series was the battle with the White Walkers and Dany's conquest. Everything before that was essentially a giant prologue that GRRM ballooned up and wrote a compelling story to set up the game pieces around. That's why you got things like Ned, Catelyn's and Robb's death. Because none of that really mattered a whole lot as long as somehow, someway, the pieces generally aligned to a war between Cersei and Dany with King Jon warning them of the threat up North. 

Now you are in a conventional story with a conventional endgame where the main characters are less expendable and the conclusion requires logic to get to. You can't just posture and do misdirection for a couple of seasons when you are wrapping up.

It's like some people don't get story structure.  

1 hour ago, Poncio said:

As any book reader I'm quite pissed by the last few seasons, but I think they could still save the day in one last blow next sunday. Killing Daenerys at the armistice in KL.

Is she even there? From the trailer it looks like the arriving party includes Tyrion, Davos, Brienne, Podrick, Jon, Jorah and Theon.

1 hour ago, Robert Baratheon's hammer said:

The main characters plot armor has made this season feel like like a marvel film.  

Exactly, great way to put. It is the cartoon version of GRRM.

8 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Here's the irony about complaining about predictablility, the only thing that ever mattered in the endgame of the series was the battle with the White Walkers and Dany's conquest. Everything before that was essentially a giant prologue that GRRM ballooned up and wrote a compelling story to set up the game pieces around. That's why you got things like Ned, Catelyn's and Robb's death. Because none of that really mattered a whole lot as long as somehow, someway, the pieces generally aligned to a war between Cersei and Dany with King Jon warning them of the threat up North. 

Now you are in a conventional story with a conventional endgame where the main characters are less expendable and the conclusion requires logic to get to. You can't just posture and do misdirection for a couple of seasons when you are wrapping up.

It's like some people don't get story structure.  

Or is the story structure the more predictable story of the Stark family and friends. Sam runs Early, Sana gets Stark, Gendry gets Baratheon, Jon gets Dany, Targs and the throne. Bran is the special one that saves the day.

45 minutes ago, Danny- said:

I don't get why people want major characters to die.does dany or jon snow dying make the show better?

i agree that the last 2 seasons havn't been that good but that's not because people aren't dying.

There are many reasons for the seasons to fall flat. A major one is that there is no threat of major characters being offed. A death is not necessarily a good plot twist, but a good plot in the early seasons involved real suspense on who is going to die. A death here and there is required for it.

Jon Snow is going to die next episode. His whole point was to fix Dany's reproductive issues with the Blood of the Dragon, have boatsex to give her an heir, and die. 

He is the Nissa Nissa in this cycle of time. Dany will hand him over to Cersei as the price for an alliance. And Cersei will snu-snu him to death.

Spoiler

Confirmed by leaked plot.

I don't think Dany is going to die at all. One of her dragons was killed which was a heartbreaker to me, I really didn't see that coming up until the WW handed the NK that icy spear. But now there are only 2 dragons left to her. But now we've learned that there are two Targaryens left. If you haven't been paying attention Jon Snow is actually the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. So I'm pretty sure that fact is gonna come out probably next season if not by the end of this one, and Jon is gonna learn how to ride that other dragon. Together they are going to probably destroy the WW and the army of the dead and then marry each other and live happily ever after. Sorry to break it to everyone who was hoping for something else.

Nope, Dany will not die next episode. I doubt she will die at all in the series. Doesn't mean she gets her happy ending, in fact I have a feeling she will live but will never sit on the Throne--something hinting at that famous bittersweet ending. 

I'm sure there will be some deaths in the finale. Yara is a good candidate, maybe Theon as well. Having Cleganebowl this episode (assuming that the Hound comes to KL with the wight) would be very convenient and what would be a better setup for that than the Dragon Pit. So the Hound is also on my list of possible deaths. Brienne may be at a risk too (if not next episode, then maybe season 8 ep 1).

Edit.
The season can finish off with a big momentum by using other plot devices than just death. Let's hope the writers still have something clever stored for us. A girl can dream.

2 hours ago, Poncio said:

As any book reader I'm quite pissed by the last few seasons, but I think they could still save the day in one last blow next sunday. Killing Daenerys at the armistice in KL.

What's delusional this season is not only the thematical and logical downfall of the storytelling, but its predictability as well. This used to be the most suspenseful show in the world, but last night we all knew Daenerys would have saved them all, the Night's King would have killed a dragon, Jon would have never died in the lake. But when it comes to season finale, I still hope they're thinking something better.

Let's face it, what can really happen to shock the viewers? It's really likely Littlefinger will die and the WW will breach the wall. None of this events is slightly surprising. It's true the show became lame, but last two years showrunners really tried their best in the final episodes to surprise us. Despite everything, we all enjoyed the Sept of Baelor sequence from last year. So what could really happen this time?

Jon can't possibly die (and if he does, he can always resurrect). Neither can Cersei, imo: she's the heart of the show, and going into the final season without a villain expect for the NK would really be a suicide. I can't see many possibilities other than Daenerys' death.

Two episodes ago, Cersei told Jaime they should win this war like their father would have (ignoring guest right, for example). Last episode, Tyrion brought up the problem of Daenerys' succession. She made an incredible mistake, trying to play the game without being ruthless against her enemies, and now she's making another one, going into the lion's den trusting them to behave peacefully. She's making Ned's and Robb's mistakes and for the sake of the show she should die. Her death would leave us with a sense of doom, since she's the only one capable of controlling a dragon and the Wall is falling down.

But maybe I'm just a summer boy and the series will really end up with Jon and Daenerys on the throne.

It's hard to charge the predictability to the downfall of the storytelling, when the whole plot was leaked last year, So obviously, anyone with an internet connection knew exactly what would happen, it was impossible to avoid the leaks, and sadly they turned out to be true. This is mainly HBO's fault. If there were no leaks, I'm pretty sure that one dragon lost at the hands of the NK would have been shocking.

Anyway, I'm not here to be shocked, and I have no problems with predictability as long as I get a compelling story, and characters I care for.  And this is the main problem with the show right now, I'm pissed because the story is not longer compelling, and most of the characters are ruined beyond repair by the bad writting. 

43 minutes ago, Dragons 7th Eye said:

good plot in the early seasons involved real suspense on who is going to die

That isn't what a plot is.  People assumed they knew who the main characters were and they discovered, to their surprise, that they were wrong. 

Wanting characters to die, or have the possibility that they can die at any time, is a fundamental misunderstanding of how a story is crafted. 

Complaining about a character's plot armor just means the story was poorly crafted.  

A writer can surprise you in ways other than death.  It's more predictable for an author to keep killing off main characters without other life altering events occurring.  There are a lot of Daenerys haters out there who want her to die...would that just be hate-service to them?  Out-thinking LF is a good twist...if that's what's happening.  Out "cersei-ing" Cersei in some way would be a good twist.

With all the theorizing and expectation we have contrived it is hard for anything to measure up to whats in our heads.

3 hours ago, Poncio said:

What's delusional this season is not only the thematical and logical downfall of the storytelling, but its predictability as well. This used to be the most suspenseful show in the world, but last night we all knew Daenerys would have saved them all, the Night's King would have killed a dragon, Jon would have never died in the lake. But when it comes to season finale, I still hope they're thinking something better.

Let's face it, what can really happen to shock the viewers? It's really likely Littlefinger will die and the WW will breach the wall. None of this events is slightly surprising. It's true the show became lame, but last two years showrunners really tried their best in the final episodes to surprise us. Despite everything, we all enjoyed the Sept of Baelor sequence from last year. So what could really happen this time?

Jon can't possibly die (and if he does, he can always resurrect). Neither can Cersei, imo: she's the heart of the show, and going into the final season without a villain expect for the NK would really be a suicide. I can't see many possibilities other than Daenerys' death.

Two episodes ago, Cersei told Jaime they should win this war like their father would have (ignoring guest right, for example). Last episode, Tyrion brought up the problem of Daenerys' succession. She made an incredible mistake, trying to play the game without being ruthless against her enemies, and now she's making another one, going into the lion's den trusting them to behave peacefully. She's making Ned's and Robb's mistakes and for the sake of the show she should die. Her death would leave us with a sense of doom, since she's the only one capable of controlling a dragon and the Wall is falling down.

But maybe I'm just a summer boy and the series will really end up with Jon and Daenerys on the throne.

This meeting in KL is going to go badly.  I cannot believe all this has been for the purpose of showing Cersei what is a whight.  The plot is about as insane as Cersei is. 

I still think the finale "shock" will be the Wall coming down.  I've been waiting for that for a while now.

And now I think............... the dragon shadow over KL could be NOT Drogon but Viseryion flying over with the Night King riding it.

2 hours ago, Danny- said:

I don't get why people want major characters to die.does dany or jon snow dying make the show better?

At this point I honestly don't care much anymore anyway, I made my peace that the the only enjoyment I might get out of this story is from the books. Yup, big if.

That being said, I want characters to suffer for their stupid decisions. Like, Jon getting stabbed by Northerns in next episode because he left them in turmoil, went on a cruise for a month, give their one true enemy means to cross the Wall and only then coming back to notify them he just sold their independience for some southron pussy. I want "for the watch" and "red wedding" to repeat itself again, this time for the North.

But most of all, I just want these writers never getting a job again :D

1 hour ago, daemonTheBlack said:

Reveal hidden contents

Confirmed by leaked plot.

You need to highlight what your spoiler is actually about, surely. Title it "leaked plot" or something, so people actually have a choice over whether they want to "go there"?

Otherwise you've literally just ruined a huge part of the story, not just something a bit spoilery about the next episode? Not cool. 

1 hour ago, Aderyn said:

Nope, Dany will not die next episode. I doubt she will die at all in the series. Doesn't mean she gets her happy ending, in fact I have a feeling she will live but will never sit on the Throne--something hinting at that famous bittersweet ending. 

I'm sure there will be some deaths in the finale. Yara is a good candidate, maybe Theon as well. Having Cleganebowl this episode (assuming that the Hound comes to KL with the wight) would be very convenient and what would be a better setup for that than the Dragon Pit. So the Hound is also on my list of possible deaths. Brienne may be at a risk too (if not next episode, then maybe season 8 ep 1).

Edit.
The season can finish off with a big momentum by using other plot devices than just death. Let's hope the writers still have something clever stored for us. A girl can dream.

I like your way of thinking. I am sure she wont die next episode but Im afraid by the end of the series, or maybe its the hint we are getting that she may not get the iron throne, which is fine by me but I just want her to make it alive with her 2 dragons :(

I dont like the Hound to die, although it seems he has a role to play in all this.

19 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

You need to highlight what your spoiler is actually about, surely. Title it "leaked plot" or something, so people actually have a choice over whether they want to "go there"?

Otherwise you've literally just ruined a huge part of the story, not just something a bit spoilery about the next episode?

Eh, AFAIK, the only thing from what he said that's been in the leaked plot stuff was the:

Spoiler

Boatsex. That's supposed to happen in episode 7, apparently.

Everything else? Not part of the plot leaks I've seen, and therefore pure speculation.

But it's probably been pretty obvious that the bit that actually was in the leaks was going to happen, just the when/where/why of it was in question. It's not like the show and showrunners have been particularly subtle about where they were going there.

Archived