Daenerys will die in episode 7.

Poncio

1 hour ago, Ser Gareth said:

Best post I have seen on here for a long time.

The whole point of the politics, the struggles, the deaths, the probably Greyscale epidemic etc. is obvious to me.  It's to set the stage so that when the Others finally invade the realm of Westeros is severely weakened and in disarray.  Therefore making the war against the Others seem hopeless.  Right until the heroes of the story pull it out of the bag and save the day.  The bittersweet moment will be due to the enormous cost involved in pulling it out of the bag, e.g. something like Dany being Jon's Nissa Nissa and Jon having to kill Dany to become victorious etc. and then for mankind to not learn anything from what just happened and go back to their bickering ways.

We are at a point in the tale where character development, along with political intrigue, should be done and dusted.  We're in the end game and the dynamic of this epic should be completely different to the beginning and middle parts of the story.

About Nissa Nissa´s story... Everyone thinks is about Danny dying? 
Let´s think it in a sexual way. What´s a man´s sword? In which situation can a woman cry in agony and ecstasy (i´ve read some cases of orgasms during labour)? The prophecy will come true, but they will not die but create a new dinasty of dragons. She will "break" and as the moon, she will give birth to new dragons.

I think that in the next episode we will see something to counteract Mirri Maz Duur´s prophecy, 

29 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

At which point did massive quality drop happen for you?  And do you believe it coincided with the massive quality drop in the books?

Interestingly most people seem to think the quality drop happened around S4 or S5.  What is interesting is that the viewing figures are up massively from the early days.  You state the show was already popular.  Well to put that into context the viewing figures for S7 are over double what they were for S2 and may even end up double what they were for S3.

I rest my case, obviously show is getting better because more and more people tune in. F*ck the fact as how marketing works and how guillable masses are... After all, Kardashians and other popular reality shows are the prime example of quality. I agree.

Sides that, can you state how the show is getting better? Since you know, there is no doubt now -> that more ratings equals better quality?

Let me try it, is it about flashy combat and dragons going "whooosh"? Bad pussy? Maybe how baddas Arya kid has become?? Or no, maybe its about that epic 10meters wall of dead bodies which entraped poor Jon, OMG how baddas he was when he pulled that sword out with cavalry charging at him. Did you see it?

That's your average GoT viewer right there. 

4 minutes ago, plastic throne said:

I rest my case, obviously show is getting better because more and more people tune in. F*ck the fact as how marketing works and how guillable masses are... After all, Kardashians and other popular reality shows are the prime example of quality. I agree.

Sides that, can you state how the show is getting better? Since you know, there is no doubt now -> that more ratings equals better quality?

Let me try it, is it about flashy combat and dragons going "whooosh"? Bad pussy? Maybe how baddas Arya kid has become?? Or no, maybe its about that epic 10meters wall of dead bodies which entraped poor Jon, OMG how baddas he was when he pulled that sword out with cavalry charging at him. Did you see it?

That's your average GoT viewer right there. 

And us book readers are so much superior right?  How do you account for us still being enthralled by the story even though ADWD was utter dog shite and AFFC was an insomnia cure?  I first read AGOT in 1998.  I'm watching and loving the show for one simple reason.  I am going to get a conclusion to a story I loved from AGOT to ASOS.

The show is excellent TV.  What so many book readers really fail to understand (not just ASOIAF but generally) is that they are completely different entertainment mediums.  Things that are great in books would be crap on TV.  Things that would be great on TV would come across crap in books.

The other thing so many book readers seem to have completely lost the plot on is that we are at the end of the story.  No more deep and meaningful character building required.  No it's time for the action, the big bang finale.

And finally if you hate the TV show now then why are you watching it?  And why do you blame HBO when it's the author of the series fault for not giving them any tangible quality from ASOS onwards?  It's an adaption of the books.  The problem is, it no longer has any books to adapt from and the last two books were rubbish.  If they had faithfully followed the books then we'd still be working our way through AFFC/ADWD and the audience numbers would have dropped massively because everyone would have been bored out of their minds that nothing meaningful or interesting was happening.  Although seeing Peter Dinklage riding a pig may have been amusing......

4 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

What so many book readers really fail to understand (not just ASOIAF but generally) is that they are completely different entertainment mediums.  Things that are great in books would be crap on TV.  Things that would be great on TV would come across crap in books.

The other thing so many book readers seem to have completely lost the plot on is that we are at the end of the story.  No more deep and meaningful character building required.  No it's time for the action, the big bang finale.

Yup, yup!

6 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

I don't know why people think there should be a surprise element to this tale.  In the books only one major character has died.  Eddard.  Everyone else is still going.  I really have no idea how the books and show have obtained this reputation that no one is safe when they clearly are if they have a POV in the first book.

Good point. The only POV character who's died has been Ned. Now, yes you have had people within POVs die, Joffrey, Drogo, the Red Wedding, etc. The Red Wedding was a surprise I think for all of us however. Even at that though you got Lady Stoneheart running around killing Freys. Okay I'm rambling and don't want to get off topic.

5 hours ago, Theon_is_Azor said:

Dany may die at the very end, but no way is it happening this season. Way too much foreshadowing of her having a child. 

She may die in childbirth. 

Yes, this! She may die only after there's an heir due to this episode. Also, having a child AND her dying would give Jon some reason for despair...additional reason.

No way she dies this season.

Just like there's no way she doesn't die at the end of the final season.

Further, the Dany/Jon drama is going to be just like the Luke/Leia drama...everyone assumed they would be lovers until they realized they were related.

20 hours ago, Runaway Penguin said:

tyrion stresses tht she cannot trust them - and she does not. I do not think she would die - if anyone is in danger ir is Jaime or Brienne (unlikely both at the same time) and likely Hound in the Cleganebowl.

Clegane Bowl sound so cheesy. 

Though I could see Dany being injured / knocked out... And Drogon taking clues from Jon.

Maybe she will be well recieved an all, she will talk to the upper strata of Kings Landing but be betrayed while attempting to leave the city?

Also Dany is probably the younger queen csting Cersei down - if anything, Cersei being unseated and seeking refuge with Euron? Or even striking a deal with the Night King? 

And taking all that Cersei loves that remains(jaime) from cersei! JANY is happening!

18 hours ago, daemonTheBlack said:

Jon Snow is going to die next episode. His whole point was to fix Dany's reproductive issues with the Blood of the Dragon, have boatsex to give her an heir, and die. 

He is the Nissa Nissa in this cycle of time. Dany will hand him over to Cersei as the price for an alliance. And Cersei will snu-snu him to death.

Will cersei give him over to the whitewalkers? Or just be the death of him.

Besides i hope your prediction is wrong!

15 hours ago, iamthefight said:

About Nissa Nissa´s story... Everyone thinks is about Danny dying? 
Let´s think it in a sexual way. What´s a man´s sword? In which situation can a woman cry in agony and ecstasy (i´ve read some cases of orgasms during labour)? The prophecy will come true, but they will not die but create a new dinasty of dragons. She will "break" and as the moon, she will give birth to new dragons.

You're on the right track, but you lose it at the dragons.  

Which character, associated with prophecy, impregnated someone who died in childbirth?  Who is that child?

Azor Ahai plunged his sword into Nissa Nissa Reborn, and Lightbringer has already been forged.

It just happened many years before the events portrayed in GoT.

Archived