Can Jon Get Burnt?

No, Jon does not share this unusual and Dany-Only ability.  

Dany's immunity to being burned has nothing to do with being a Targ.  Her brother got burned, and numerous Targaryens throughout history have been burned.  

Aegon V and his family got some serious burns the night Rhaegar was born. 

Jon got burned in season 1, he also got a sick burn from Tormund about the size of his pecker in season 6.

By the time a person is a young adult they'd know damn well if they were impervious to fire or not. 

If they tried to spring some surprise that a character cannot be burned at this point it would be totally absurd. 

Although I must say I kinda thought when Jon died that they were gonna set his body alight and he would stand up and walk out of it. Haha

I even hope that Dany is not fireproof but her immunity of fire is some certain event like the birth of the dragon, the death of the khals, and once more.. (Three fires you will light one for life, one for death one to love)

1 minute ago, hallam said:

Danny is immune to fire, Jon seems immune to ice.

That one sentence could sump up A Song of Ice and Fire perfectly!  Dany can't be burned by a dragon (unless Viserion shoots something besides fire maybe). And Jon can't be killed by an ice sword/spear/javelin. Seriously, if he fell under the ice and made it all the way back to the wall and didn't die, what ice could kill him??

If  chooses not to wear a lambskin condom then yes. It is very possible. He may have already been burned. He did sleep with Yrigget beyond the wall unprotected several times. It's not possible to pinpoint all her pervious lovers. Now if he chooses to sleep with Dany unprotected he could risk getting a serious burn. She slept with Drogo who was a known rapist. He barebacked so many lambmen and women. Then there was Hizdar Jizzrag. Only the Seven know who he slapped bare skins with. Then last there is Daario. His name alone is proof that he doesn't believe in protection. I'm sure just like Drogo he barebacks many slavemen and slave women.  So lonh story short if Jon isn't careful he could indeed get burnt.

On 22/08/2017 at 2:03 AM, Theon_is_Azor said:

By the time a person is a young adult they'd know damn well if they were impervious to fire or not. 

If they tried to spring some surprise that a character cannot be burned at this point it would be totally absurd. 

Although I must say I kinda thought when Jon died that they were gonna set his body alight and he would stand up and walk out of it. Haha

Same for me... I really thought they were going to burn him and he woul just wake up and walk naked...

On 22/08/2017 at 1:58 AM, Lurid Jester said:

Dany's immunity to being burned has nothing to do with being a Targ.  Her brother got burned, and numerous Targaryens throughout history have been burned.  

Being a Targaryen doesn't mean you are a Dragon... Only Dragons cannot be burnt... When Viserys was killed, Jorah the Andal said to Khaleesi "He was the last dragon"... She said "No. Fire can't kill a dragon" she didn't say "Fire can't kill a targ..." she said "a dragon"... So Targaryen are just people with shit pale hair (golden hair? Blond?) who take their brothers as husband and their sisters as wives... They are pretty messed up people (maybe due to the incest...) who happen to produce dragons... Wrong? I might be off tracks... Please correct me if I'm wrong...

On 22/08/2017 at 2:03 AM, Theon_is_Azor said:

Yeah... Because Dany also thought Viserys was the Dragon... But I think she kind of developped (in mind) that power;.. I don't think she knew it... Unless she would have never believed Viserys was the Dragon...  

On 22/08/2017 at 1:53 AM, KingMudd said:

Considering Jon gets burnt in that very scene I am going to guess that he can get burnt.

Maybe Khaleesi wasn't used to be burnt before... If she knew or had evidences of her being the dragon she wouldn't have followed her brother... She started questionning by the time she was married... In the book she had dreams about dragons... And then she saw the Dragon's egg, and thought the colour was exactly like the dragon in her dream... But maybe before that, she never knew! And the girl in the first episode season 1. Dany took off her cloth to take a bath... Apparently, the water was hot... She was in Ilyrio's house for a long time... I don't think it was the first time for her to take a hot hot bath... Then if she was used to that, why did that girl warned her that it was still too hot? Why was she surprised in the tent that the Dothraki girl was hurt and not her? I don't know... And is being immune to fire an important thing for Jon? Don't know...

1 hour ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

Being a Targaryen doesn't mean you are a Dragon... Only Dragons cannot be burnt... When Viserys was killed, Jorah the Andal said to Khaleesi "He was the last dragon"... She said "No. Fire can't kill a dragon" she didn't say "Fire can't kill a targ..." she said "a dragon"... So Targaryen are just people with shit pale hair (golden hair? Blond?) who take their brothers as husband and their sisters as wives... They are pretty messed up people (maybe due to the incest...) who happen to produce dragons... Wrong? I might be off tracks... Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Targaryen "Dragons" that are immune to fire aren't actually a thing.  BookDany survives the bone fire due to whatever magic hatched the eggs. BookDany isn't immune to fire anymore and is, in fact, burned later in the series.  

ShowDany was inexplicably made immune to fire without any rhyme or reason other than providing for dramatic scenes like in vaes dothrak. Even in the show Dany's immunity is unique. No Targaryens in history have been identified as a "Dragon" due to an immunity to fire.  

In the books Targaryens are just one valyrian house, and a minor house at that. Valyrian's were otherworldly with features such as the silver hair and violet eyes. They were not known for an immunity to fire.  

maybe someday the show will explain Dany's immunity, but I doubt it. 

1 hour ago, Lurid Jester said:

Targaryen "Dragons" that are immune to fire aren't actually a thing.  BookDany survives the bone fire due to whatever magic hatched the eggs. BookDany isn't immune to fire anymore and is, in fact, burned later in the series.  

ShowDany was inexplicably made immune to fire without any rhyme or reason other than providing for dramatic scenes like in vaes dothrak. Even in the show Dany's immunity is unique. No Targaryens in history have been identified as a "Dragon" due to an immunity to fire.  

In the books Targaryens are just one valyrian house, and a minor house at that. Valyrian's were otherworldly with features such as the silver hair and violet eyes. They were not known for an immunity to fire.  

maybe someday the show will explain Dany's immunity, but I doubt it. 

We don't even know if show Dany is immune to fire.  She's survived fire twice in the show and both had a similar circumstances.  She walked out of Drogo's funeral pyre and she walked out of the Dosh Kaleen temple.  In the first, she sacrificed a powerful witch and in the 2nd, she sacrificed all the Khals which are the closest things to kings in their society.

Both these instances are pretty similar to what Mel was doing with her sacrifices.

GRRM has specifically said that Targs, and Dany in particular aren't immune to fire.

2 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

No Targaryens in history have been identified as a "Dragon" due to an immunity to fire.

Exactly. In fact, there are Targaryens who identified themselves this way, but they were all provably wrong. The best is Aerion Brightflame, who believed he was literally a dragon, and his true form would be released when he burned, so he drank a cup of wildfire, and died. It seems to be a recurring madness in their family, and Viserys may have been on his way to the same thing.

Dany has almost the opposite of that madness. She knows that being The Unburnt makes her special, and she makes a big deal out of it pretty often, but she still knows that doesn't mean she's immune to fire—when she jumps into the pit with Drogon, she worries about getting burnt (and later in the book, she actually has burns).

3 hours ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

But maybe before that, she never knew! And the girl in the first episode season 1. Dany took off her cloth to take a bath... Apparently, the water was hot... She was in Ilyrio's house for a long time... I don't think it was the first time for her to take a hot hot bath... Then if she was used to that, why did that girl warned her that it was still too hot?

In the Dunk and Egg books, the future Aegon V likes his baths so hot that nobody else can tolerate them, but that doesn't mean he's fireproof—he later burns to death while trying to hatch dragon eggs with fire and sorcery.

1 hour ago, falcotron said:

Exactly. In fact, there are Targaryens who identified themselves this way, but they were all provably wrong. The best is Aerion Brightflame, who believed he was literally a dragon, and his true form would be released when he burned, so he drank a cup of wildfire, and died. It seems to be a recurring madness in their family, and Viserys may have been on his way to the same thing.

Dany has almost the opposite of that madness. She knows that being The Unburnt makes her special, and she makes a big deal out of it pretty often, but she still knows that doesn't mean she's immune to fire—when she jumps into the pit with Drogon, she worries about getting burnt (and later in the book, she actually has burns).

In the Dunk and Egg books, the future Aegon V likes his baths so hot that nobody else can tolerate them, but that doesn't mean he's fireproof—he later burns to death while trying to hatch dragon eggs with fire and sorcery.

Well, we don't know if Egg actually burned. The castle burned and presumably all of the non-stone structure collapsed, which might be what killed him. And if they were messing with wildfire and the pyromancers had the same setup they use in their tower to smother accidental ignitions, then its possible that Egg died underneath tons of falling sand -- kind of like the dream Dunk had when they were in Dorne.

But if Dany does have some sort of resistance to fire (she does get burned, so clearly she is not immune), who says it has to be a Targaryan trait? Remember, Dany has some Dornish blood in her as well (her great-great grandmother was a Dayne and her ggg-grandmother was a Martell), and that blood was infused with Rhoynish blood ages ago by Queen Nymeria. The Rhoynish, of course, fought and lost a 100-year war with Valyria, so I ask you:

If someone were to magically infuse their blood with the ability to resist fire, would that be the people who controlled dragons or the people who were fighting against the dragons?

Archived